V-Rex

dunefreak

Since spooner hasn't filled DDR in on the progress, I figured I would. :laughoff::laughoff:

post-3-1153688887.jpg

post-3-1153688911.jpg

(The rest of the picture links must be broken :(:laughoff: )

DSCF5760_001.jpg

DSCF5778.JPG

DSCF5786.JPG

DSCF5747.JPG

Here is FlyinRyan's new car to be....VRex. In my opinion spooner(Stephan) & V8rail (Thomas) have designed the baddest looking and handling rail out there so far. :laughoff: Keep up the good work, guys. :D

-it will be a twin turbo all aluminum Brodix bigblock (521 ci) planned to put out approx. 1300+? HP. :shocked2: :rockwoot:

-it will be a bit lighter and shorter than Trex.

-still a 4 seater

-lower placement of the turbos and plumbing for a lower center of gravity

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its actually 572 cubic inches.

Danzio (the tuner) said somewhere around 1500+ at the crank :shocked2:

it made about 800 on 87 octane with a carb for the dyno break in run :laughoff:

:laughoff: yes Bert, 521...572 whatever. :laughoff: Close enough- BIG. According to Spooner it is a 521. But hey what would he know, he's only the builder. :rockwoot:

You forgot to mention the dyno numbers were with no turbos of course.

the motor is 572 cid it made 718 hp @ the crank with carb for breakin! we will run around 20lbs of boost! it will run pretty hard if the motor stays together. this car will have front and rear sway bars for better cornering. with a very low ctr of gravity and all the mass of weight between the wheels should be a fun car!

the motor is 572 cid it made 718 hp @ the crank with carb for breakin! we will run around 20lbs of boost! it will run pretty hard if the motor stays together. this car will have front and rear sway bars for better cornering. with a very low ctr of gravity and all the mass of weight between the wheels should be a fun car!

Ok, then. Stephan had posted on GD that it was a 521. You had mentioned to me earlier that it was gonna be a 427. :dunno: Make up your damn mind. :dunno: Either way, that car is gonna haul a$$. :D

Hopefully you guys can get it together before next season or at least have it ready early in the season. :shake:

t rex is getting a overhaul on the motor! shawn the new owner wanted to make the motor built for turbos! when i owned the car @ first it was naturally aspirated. Fun car but a little heavy for the amount power it had. So i went ahead and added turbos to it without changing no internals on the motor just tuning! the car worked great lots of power but there was always a concern about the bottom end of the motor holding up, so i couldnt turn the boost up if i wanted to race someone on the hill! now it will have a strong bottom end so the green machine should run a little harder next season. it will be interesting t rex vs. v rex.

so i couldnt turn the boost up if i wanted to race someone on the hill!

:dunno: whoever wanted to race you was either stupid or stupid!! :shake: With the motor on the Low boost you would walk away from people... even that infamous stupid power pushing turbo rotary out there.. :D

:dunno: whoever wanted to race you was either stupid or stupid!! :shake: With the motor on the Low boost you would walk away from people... even that infamous stupid power pushing turbo rotary out there.. :D

:P that is funny! :dunno::dunno:

Ok, then. Stephan had posted on GD that it was a 521. You had mentioned to me earlier that it was gonna be a 427. :think: Make up your damn mind. :dunno: Either way, that car is gonna haul a$$. :D

Hopefully you guys can get it together before next season or at least have it ready early in the season. :dunno:

Pete

i posted that Ryans old engine was 521 cid :dunno:

...the new one is a beauty :shake: ....

all aluminum and a 5rotor dry sump pump for superior oil control.

thats why we can mount the (fairly heavy) turbos so low;

with the strong crank case vacuum we dont need to gravity-drain the oil from the turbos.

its a "builders dream" to build something as extreme as V-Rex; im just lucky to have Ryan as a friend :dunno:

Pete

i posted that Ryans old engine was 521 cid :think:

...the new one is a beauty :dunno: ....

oh ok...I must have read it wrong then. oops :dunno:

:laughoff:

I bet V-rex will be the best car you guys have built yet. It seems TT-Rex was a tremedous learning experience for you guys with getting it dialed in with the turbos and all. And now that it is all dialed in, Ryan goes and has you guys build an even more bada$$ car with all that he learned from making T-Rex into TT-rex. :shake::dunno:

Effen Ryan, always gotta go faster! :dunno:

Since spooner hasn't filled DDR in on the progress, I figured I would. :laughing::thumb:

Here is FlyinRyan's new car to be....VRex. In my opinion spooner(Stephan) & V8rail (Thomas) have designed the baddest looking and handling rail out there so far. :headbang: Keep up the good work, guys. :D

-it will be a twin turbo all aluminum Brodix bigblock (521 ci) planned to put out approx. 1300+? HP. :shocked2: :rockwoot:

-it will be a bit lighter and shorter than Trex.

-still a 4 seater

-lower placement of the turbos and plumbing for a lower center of gravity

This car is BADASS. Its not even ugly!!!!!!!! The T REX was awesome but ugly as hell!!!

This car is BADASS. Its not even ugly!!!!!!!! The T REX was awesome but ugly as hell!!!

TREX was ugly as hell and this car is badass??? :thumb: This car uses many of the features TREX had! :thumb::rockwoot:

I personally loved the frame design of TRex. It stood out and was like no other car. I think all their designs have been pretty sweet so far. :headbang: :laughing: Keep on doin what your doing, Stephan. :shocked2:

i didnt know it was ugly from the back of the car! i didnt know roost was so ugly! :D:D:D

TO EACH THERE OWN. Hell I drive an uglyass purple car. Roostin is never ugly!!!! But the t rex did look like a stink bug!!! Guess it really doesnt matter what it looks like if it works. And that car worked. :thumbsdown:

• 2 weeks later...