Trailer Door Locks

dunefreak

try a smaller tube, or cut the end off of the cap of a papermate pen..............well now that it looks like im a criminal........it was the High School i went to, thats what we learned in shop class...

No, the pen tube was too small and didn't fit over the center piece of the keyhole. :idea:

Well last night we tried the bic pen trick...and no luck. :headbang1: The pen tube isn't even the same size as the center of the lock. Hopefully this means it can't be picked that way. :idea:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaatsssssssssssss :laughoff::blury::happydrunks::beercheers::stirthepot: tttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt!!!!

The blaylock DL-80 (what those look like) can be had at Mrlock.com for 40 bucks (plus the added shipping handling tax ebay fees,paypal fees, internet fees, then you probably have to buy keys too) I would probably buy 'em local and put 'em on now for peace of mind then wait ten business days for shipping.

I suppose you take them off and put a regular padlock on when you travel.

No, I either keep em on or just use the latch w/o a lock while in transit. :laughoff:

what did you pay for your locks pete. I may have you pick me up a set. BY THE WAY, WHY IS THE PREZ MEMBER #3 NOT NUMERO UNO

what did you pay for your locks pete. I may have you pick me up a set. BY THE WAY, WHY IS THE PREZ MEMBER #3 NOT NUMERO UNO

I paid like $65 /each. Read the post. :think: Let me know if you want me to pick some up. :loser:

As for the #3 thing....it's because member #1 is a general admin account and #2 is ISBB because he was the one who set up the forum software, der. That leaves me for #3. It's really not that big of a deal. :laughoff::slap: Tim, you have to find something to occupy your time during the day. Do you ponder these types of things daily? :laughoff::laughoff::loser: Mutha Bitchezzzzz :loser::loser:

I paid like $65 /each. Read the post. :bawl: Let me know if you want me to pick some up. :slap:

As for the #3 thing....it's because member #1 is a general admin account and #2 is ISBB because he was the one who set up the forum software, der. That leaves me for #3. It's really not that big of a deal. :laughoff::laughoff: Tim, you have to find something to occupy your time during the day. Do you ponder these types of things daily? :think::laughoff::loser: Mutha Bitchezzzzz :loser::loser:

I wasnt pondering, just curious. As far as my day goes. I daydream alot about what its like to be working. oops I mean I have nightmares!!!!! MUTHA BITCHEZZ!!!!! :loser:

if you store inside all the time, put locks on the inside too. rig some sort of lock system. should be easy. that will keep them busier for a long period of time. I dont know why they dont just steal the whole trailer and work on it at home?

Edited by foolofsand

• 2 weeks later...

Next you'll have to put bars over the windows.

You are correct.

The first time my toyhauler was broken into, it was stored at a storage place in El Centro. The cut the rear hasps (not the locks) and broke the door handle on the side door.

The 2nd time it was broken into, they crawled thru the vent door at the rear of the trailer. It looks small ,but a 230 lb guy can get thru there, so it's pretty big.

The 3rd time my trailer was broken into, they broke the glass on the side door and tried to open the deadbolt I had installed after the first break in. It's double keyed, so they were finally foiled. Not that there was anything left to steal by that time. :dunno:

The Blaylock box looks pretty good, but the handle section between the door and box needs to be beefed up, I had cromo added to my hasps, that should slow somebody down a bit.

To really give you decent security, install a double keyed (key required inside and outside) deadbolt on the side door, then install a latch cover plate (15" plate on the door) over it to prevent prying.

Install the Blaylock boxes on the hasps and have another plate welded to the exposed handle areas.

Install a grill or bars on the vent opening at teh bottom rear of the trailer, install it with carriage bolts and tamper proof hardware.

Install an alarm system, and keep it stored at a house with hungry vicious dogs.

That should cover it. :shocked2:

You are correct.

The first time my toyhauler was broken into, it was stored at a storage place in El Centro. The cut the rear hasps (not the locks) and broke the door handle on the side door.

The 2nd time it was broken into, they crawled thru the vent door at the rear of the trailer. It looks small ,but a 230 lb guy can get thru there, so it's pretty big.

The 3rd time my trailer was broken into, they broke the glass on the side door and tried to open the deadbolt I had installed after the first break in. It's double keyed, so they were finally foiled. Not that there was anything left to steal by that time. :driver:

The Blaylock box looks pretty good, but the handle section between the door and box needs to be beefed up, I had cromo added to my hasps, that should slow somebody down a bit.

To really give you decent security, install a double keyed (key required inside and outside) deadbolt on the side door, then install a latch cover plate (15" plate on the door) over it to prevent prying.

Install the Blaylock boxes on the hasps and have another plate welded to the exposed handle areas.

Install a grill or bars on the vent opening at teh bottom rear of the trailer, install it with carriage bolts and tamper proof hardware.

Install an alarm system, and keep it stored at a house with hungry vicious dogs.

That should cover it. :drinkbeer:

:dunno: Dayum..you definitely seem to speak from experience! :banghead: Good advice though, thanks! :dunno:

You can't stop everyone of these thieves, but you can definitley slow em down making time for the owner to step outside :shocked2:

• 1 month later...