Trailer Door Locks

dunefreak

I picked up two of these the other day. They are a great way to protect the latch when a thief tries to cut or pry the latch assembly off- which is how my toyhauler always gets broken into. It covers the part of the latch that the lock goes through. A large pin slides down through the box and through the lock hole of the door latch. Then the barrel lock on the outside locks the pin in place. I had to relocate my handle about a 1/2 inch down, but no biggie.

They were a little pricey ($65 ea), but I didn't care. I want to stop these guys anyway I can. I am tired of my sh*t getting effed up. :dunno:

BEFORE

post-3-1153097371.jpg

AFTER

post-3-1153097384.jpg

• 1 month later...

i just picked up a enclosed trailer stripped down toy hauler. does anyone use alarms on there trailers? i was going to look into a car type alarm and run it off the deep cell. anyone done this or any other ideas.

i like the look of that lock gives off a vibe that it wouldnt be worth trying to f*** with

i just picked up a enclosed trailer stripped down toy hauler. does anyone use alarms on there trailers? i was going to look into a car type alarm and run it off the deep cell. anyone done this or any other ideas.

i like the look of that lock gives off a vibe that it wouldnt be worth trying to f*** with

If you interested in an alarm system that can be used anywhere and will let you know if the trailer is broken into along with preventing the trailer from being moved contact me.

cool still setting it up will post some pics soon. and will contact ynot about a alarm soon.

the trailer sets in my side yard with a good ball lock (yea i said ball lock lol :beercheers: ) and my quads arent stored in it. im more worried about on the road- parking lots, hotels, more remote camping.

• 2 months later...

just saw this post for the 1st time. have you tried to open then lock with the end of a ball point pen? those round style keys are like the krytonite motorcylce locks that were all recalled and replaced with a key type. if it is the same type of lock, it takes less than 10 seconds to open with the pen. I would check that out, as I wouldnt like you to lose your toys again. go to the krytonite website.

just saw this post for the 1st time. have you tried to open then lock with the end of a ball point pen? those round style keys are like the krytonite motorcylce locks that were all recalled and replaced with a key type. if it is the same type of lock, it takes less than 10 seconds to open with the pen. I would check that out, as I wouldnt like you to lose your toys again. go to the krytonite website.

heres the website, if it works. http://thirdrate.com/kryptonite_files/2.mov

ps-I had 4 of them for my motorcylces and krytonite exchanged all them for free a few years ago.

Edited by foolofsand

I haven't checked that yet, but I will tonight! :laughing: Thanks for the heads up. Either way, I am not relying only on locks for security. :laughoff: :fro:

I picked up two of these the other day. They are a great way to protect the latch when a thief tries to cut or pry the latch assembly off- which is how my toyhauler always gets broken into. It covers the part of the latch that the lock goes through. A large pin slides down through the box and through the lock hole of the door latch. Then the barrel lock on the outside locks the pin in place. I had to relocate my handle about a 1/2 inch down, but no biggie.

They were a little pricey ($65 ea), but I didn't care. I want to stop these guys anyway I can. I am tired of my sh*t getting effed up. :fro:

BEFORE

post-3-1153097371.jpg

AFTER

post-3-1153097384.jpg

hey those bolts on the left can un screw right????? like mine unscrew and your in!@!!! I suggest maybe welding those since you paid so much for those locks :laughoff::laughoff::laughing: