lookin at a job in the middle east

RAGDOLL MX

so i might take this job if its in the middle east, but here are the work conditions.

:beercheers:

Living and Working Conditions

The living and working conditions in Central Asia and the Middle East are harsh. The following is a list of conditions common to these locations:

•You will be living and working on a United States or Coalition forces military base camp. •The bases may be dangerous and are subject to random gun fire, rocket propelled grenades and mortar rounds. •For your protection, you will be restricted to the base camp at all times. •Certain positions, such as truck drivers, may require you to leave the base to successfully complete your job duties. •The weather conditions are extreme and are dependent on your assignment location. During the summer months it can reach 150 degrees Fahrenheit/66 degrees Celsius and as low as 0 degrees Fahrenheit/ -18 degrees Celsius with snow in the winter. •Sand and dust storms are common. •You can expect to encounter mice, rats, snakes, scorpions, ticks, flies, sand fleas, and other animals and insects in the camp and living quarters. •Living conditions vary per site. •You may be living in an 8-10 person tent and be issued a sleeping bag and cot. •Showers may be cold. There may be occasions where showers are not readily available due to power outages or other factors. •You will be provided with 3 meals per day. They may consist of hot meals or Meals Ready to Eat (MRE's) under certain circumstances. •You should anticipate a working schedule of up to 7 days per week and between 8 to 12 hours per day. •All positions are very hands-on regardless of your position/title, and every employee must be able and prepared to perform physical labor. •If you are a casualty of a Nuclear, Biological or Chemical attack, your body will be cremated and sent home

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

Hey Cole that's a choice you make on your own. Think about your Daughter first Then the Wifey and then your self. If you are cool with those conditions go for it if the pay is at least $150-200K per year. If you go for anything less than a 100K you are crazy and should stay in Vegas. Good luck with your Decision.

Wow that is some crazy shiot right there. props to you if you decide to go through with it. Like Jack said 150g-200g thats a nice pay check for a years work even though that isnt just a years work. best of luck with whatever you decide. Things are just so crazy now a days just be careful!!!!!

Hey Cole that's a choice you make on your own. Think about your Daughter first Then the Wifey and then your self. If you are cool with those conditions go for it if the pay is at least $150-200K per year. If you go for anything less than a 100K you are crazy and should stay in Vegas. Good luck with your Decision.

i agree with jackster,your putting your life @ risk every second out there :driver: money is not everything in life.... :MBdance:

Leaving your family behind for $$$$$ Id rethink that. What ever happened to going back in the service and going over seas?

You would be missing the most exciting time of your daughters life! Think long and hard about this decision!

:slap:

well if i go with the army,i would only make about 45 or 50K, if i go with KBR and go back to being a mechanic or working on AC units, i could easily make about 150K, the only thing that i would be subjuct to is the occasional motar round to the base. i could sign a year contract or even a 2 year contract, i owuld be turning wrenches on army vehicles. Ill see what happens in the next couple of weeks, it would be nice to do that for 1 year and get caught up on a ton of bills and maybe even a new truck. have that sence of security.

so...youre gonna be stationed at Dumont? :atv:

Or Bakersfield?:slap:

Cole I thought about doing some government contract work when I got out of the air force in the middle east because you can make good money and most of them are tax free. It's a tough decision for sure for you having kids to think about now but the money aspect and experience can be a good thing too! I wish you luck on whatever you decide and hope it works out best for you.

Or Bakersfield?:slap:

Cole I thought about doing some government contract work when I got out of the air force in the middle east because you can make good money and most of them are tax free. It's a tough decision for sure for you having kids to think about now but the money aspect and experience can be a good thing too! I wish you luck on whatever you decide and hope it works out best for you.

aah-ite ma facka...i just got off the phone with Ms Cleo and she told me your gonna find a dead tweeker tomorrow :laughoff::atv:

miss_cleo.jpg

Edited by Richard Cheese