Weapon Enthusiasts

EY3BA11

I have a question for you. What are your feelings towards Taurus line of weapons?

I have a guy looking to trade a Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro as partial payment for an item im selling? Anyone have any experience with these? I was wanting a Springfield XD40 as it fits my big meats pretty comfortably and ammo is pretty easy for me to get my hands on. Just wondering your guys's take on taurus weapons?

I would pass on the Taurus if it was me. AFAIK they are made in Brazil and their quality isn't as good as Sig or Springfield Armory. You could try to look up that gun on gunbroker dot com to see what it is worth if you do decide to take it.

Edit: I just looked it up because I was not familiar with that model. The gun is worth $350-$400 new. It also has a polymer frame. :laughing:

Edited by Quicksilver

thats kinda what i was thinking as well.. i heard they are noisy lots of action noise and how it was put to me was they are the hyaundai of weapons lol they get the job done but it aint no caddy... I was hoping for something more along the chevy/ford lines like springfield.. i cant afford the mercedes version i want HK but ya.. maybe ill pass and just tell him to come up with cash

thats kinda what i was thinking as well.. i heard they are noisy lots of action noise and how it was put to me was they are the hyaundai of weapons lol they get the job done but it aint no caddy... I was hoping for something more along the chevy/ford lines like springfield.. i cant afford the mercedes version i want HK but ya.. maybe ill pass and just tell him to come up with cash

Money Talks, BS walks!! Go for da money!! :laughing:

:thumb:

Don't know much about Taurus but I do know that you will love your XD40! I bought an XD45 compact a couple of years ago and it shoots like my best dream! In fact, I think either the 40 or the 45 made gun of the year a couple of years ago in guns and ammo magazine. Good choice on the Springfield!

I have a question for you. What are your feelings towards Taurus line of weapons?

I have a guy looking to trade a Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro as partial payment for an item im selling? Anyone have any experience with these? I was wanting a Springfield XD40 as it fits my big meats pretty comfortably and ammo is pretty easy for me to get my hands on. Just wondering your guys's take on taurus weapons?

I don't know that I would have even considered one....but IMHO they make one of the best trail guns available.

The Judge may not have the rep of a Colt or a Smith but it's well made, has held up well, and a .410 for snakes that crawl and a .45 for those that walk was simply too much for me to resist. If their auto's are half as good as the Judge I wouldn't worry about it but does it really compare it to a Springfield? I don't see trading one of my Sigs for a Taurus anytime soon but the difference in price can be a consideration.

Eli

I have a Tauras 44 Mag Revolver that I hunt with. I chose it out of any gun when looking for a good hunting pistol. Ill tell you that if your within a 100 yards Ill shoot you with all 6 shots and that was straight out of the box.

I was told that the taurus revolvers are top notch but the semi-autos are ehhhhh so so. I think ill just take the cash and go get the XD that i want or see if i can find a nice HK USP Compact at a gun show.

The reason i want .40 is i kinda have a large supply of rounds down in california :P Lets just say you do some favors for some law enforcement they tend to hook you up :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT DO IT SMITH N WESTIN OR RUGER BUY AMERICAN!!! :old:

Model 59 S&W......Lot's of LEO's reached first for their private backup instead of their issued Model 59. You'd absolutely be amazed at what some considered a backup in those days. Also known as how can I get a large gun in this very small space or why is everybody wearing a raincoat when it ain't rained in weeks.

What a total pile of crap that thing was. Out of the box wouldn't even feed S&W ammo. S&W wheel guns are OK but I never saw a reason to trust one of their autos.

Eli

Edited by eli

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a lil late but ....

I would just go with the Springfield XD-40 as my choice. I own this weapon and it is by far one of the best fire arms for the money and over all quality. I have fired 20k + rounds through the XD-40 pistol and have not had one problem. My duty weapon is the Glock Model 21 /.45 but my off duty is the XD-40 or Glock Model 30/.45 compact. The Springfield XD line has the advantage on Shooter Comfort, Design and Options. You can field strip and clean the XD easyer than the Glock any day... Just a better built pistol hands down. Another example of the XD over the Glock is the guide rod.. Glock has a plastic Guide rod as the XD has a Steel Rod...

The Taurus is a good weapon but they are kind of a knock off of other name brand firearms. All guns go bang and can KILL YOU DEAD!!! :beat:

As for such a "Hog Leg/ Hand Cannons" as the Taurus Judge... Id leave that alone for now.. I mean how many Buffalos are running around the streets of Las Vegas?.. LOL

Just My ...

:ban-split:

Edited by Dune Family

Hey Nick - I've also got the XD45, and the XD40. Both are excellent, weapons. I carry the .45 more so just for the extra kick if needed when I travel. I've also have the Sig and Glk in the .45 cal but for handling and feel the XD just fits me better. Anyway, just my 2 cents, but I'd stick with the XD line for sure.

SP2 Mike :ban-split:

To all here in Vegas area with .45 auto, where do you buy your ammo? I am having the hardest time finding it. Went to 4 Wal-Marts and was able to find 2 boxes!!! (Sorry if I commandeered your post Nick)

Gun show 1000 rounds at a time get their VERY early or its gone

I use the Taurus millnium pro 45 compact as my concealed carry and I love it. I have several other guns (40cal P94rueger, usp45 h&k) as well, but the taurus is the most comfortable and managable for my purposes, so thats the one that stays on my hip. I have put thousands of "dirty" range rounds through it and have never had an issue.

Only one place for 45 rounds- cashman gun shows!!! Although prices have skyrocketed over the last 2 years and you have to get there early to get the cases.

ive shot a S&W .40 and wasnt impressed shot a ruger .45 and was impressed.

The Taurus Millennium Pro .45 is also an excellent weapon. I fired one last season during qualifications. One of the deputys had one as an off duty... Great action and very accurate fron the 30 Yrd mark to the 5 Yrd mark.

I feel that the person buying a firearm should know the weapon and know how they handle. I have seen many people and Cops in the past buy firearms just because they look bad azz or because its a hand cannon.. These people usually could not hit water if they fell out of a boat!!

If someone is good with a .9mm over a .45 than thats the gun for them. If the shooter can not control their weapon in a "OH SH$T" situation than the out come may not be so good....

As for finding .45 ammo I usually go to Turners guns/Bass Pro Shop/GunBroker.com/Craigslist and J&Ggun.com out of Prescott AZ. The last time I was on line buying ammo it was no problem however the cost has gone through the roof!!

Talk to some of the old timers around the outdoor fireing ranges they usually know some foks that reload and sell the ammo for cheap.. But Beware of home made loads! Could really damage your firearm or lodge a round/Bullet in the barrol and you dont know it till the next round goes and blows up ur gun...

Good Luck

:laughing:

To all here in Vegas area with .45 auto, where do you buy your ammo? I am having the hardest time finding it. Went to 4 Wal-Marts and was able to find 2 boxes!!! (Sorry if I commandeered your post Nick)

I forgott the name of the place, but it is off of Decatur and Vegas Drive, tucked away in the corner of the strip mall. They always have .45 target rounds. Everything else I buy at bass pro's or online.

If someone is good with a .9mm over a .45 than thats the gun for them. If the shooter can not control their weapon in a "OH SH$T" situation than the out come may not be so good....

I shot a Hi Power for years. Back when I started 9mm was written on the woman's potta potty and 45 acp was written on the men's. It drove me nuts that I was downgraded for shooting a minor caliber and yet was forced to reload with the .45s. In the end that was a good thing. With a 9mm you couldn't get outside center and I had to learn not to... I now shoot a double action 40. Sometimes a 357 Sig. I do like both rounds. I use them for different things. I'll still toss one out like anybody else....but not too often. I don't toss 45 Colts out often with the Judge either. I really don't like the 45 acp round and don't see changing to it any time soon. So you can have all the 45 acp at the gun shows. The 45 Colt is harder to get and I get mine from the internet.

I still love that Browning. It's more than control it's a part of me I don't care what it is....if it's not a part of you put it away. A 22 in your pocket is better than a .357 in the closet just make sure whatever is in your hand belongs there.

Eli

As for such a "Hog Leg/ Hand Cannons" as the Taurus Judge... Id leave that alone for now.. I mean how many Buffalos are running around the streets of Las Vegas?.. LOL

Just My ...

:laughoff:

I said trail gun. There ain't many of trails in Vegas more than a few trails outside of it...I got a 45-70 for Buffalo never used it on one but it was kind of handy on a Utah bear that thought my dog might be lunch. LOL

Eli