Bud Light Funco

andydew

After having my rail for 7 or 8 months, I'm finally getting around to repainting it. :slap:

I know the car has some fans up in here, but I'm getting away from the Bud Light theme. I have a buddy coming over this morning to get a few pics, and then we're are pulling off the panels for him to take to his shop. He's given me a few suggestions, but I'm really undecisive about the new design. I'm aiming for something more nuetral, or non themed. I think the new paint scheme is gonna be... :dayum:

Here are a few parting memories of the sandrail formerly known as the Bud Light Funco

post-6067-1277570801_thumb.jpg

post-6067-1277570969_thumb.jpg

post-6067-1277570824_thumb.jpg

I'll post up some pics in a few months of how she turns out.

:MBdance::laughoff: :peeps: :MBdance::dunno::dayum:

Edited by andydew

Well...

I got the car stripped down. It looks pretty rough without the sheet metal.

As long as I had it out of the trailer, I replaced some blown front speakers, and "laced" the seat belts into the new toddler booster seat. I have a few more items, liked a broken negative batt. post(causing a drain), and a split steering boot, that need attention before the season starts up again, but it's hard to get motivated seeing the car like this :dunno:

post-6067-1277612405_thumb.jpg

post-6067-1277612422_thumb.jpg

post-6067-1277612480_thumb.jpg

My painter says about four weeks :yiah: I can't wait!

Yah ,I know...It was a beautiful paint job. A talented painter did that job for sure!

All of the leading edges are sandblasted pretty bad( maybe go pro related)

along with the panels all around the rear tires

post-6067-1277614169_thumb.jpg

Can't imagine why :dunno:

We are sticking with the blue. My painter wanted to try a Captain America theme, to go with an upcoming movie, but I wasn't diggin that. I saw some ghost flames he did on another project, with a smoke effect on the trailing edge. Looked pretty good. He's talking about respraying the original color, and layering with candy blue for a very subtle look. He a pretty talented air brusher as well.

Edited by andydew

No harm in making it how you want it. I am doing a few upgrades to my car as well as far as the paint goes. Putting a "theme" to mine.

Without any great theme ideas, I wanted something that looks good, but wouldn't hurt my chances of resale, should things get bad enough I'd have to sell. Flames probably aren't for everyone, but I think if they're done right, almost everyone could appreciate them.

My painter has 3 cars he's doing now, counting mine. A buddy is getting skulls airbrushed in, and a neighbor nicknamed "peckerwood", is getting that angry woodpecker on his side panels. What's your car gonna get?

Without any great theme ideas, I wanted something that looks good, but wouldn't hurt my chances of resale, should things get bad enough I'd have to sell. Flames probably aren't for everyone, but I think if they're done right, almost everyone could appreciate them.

My painter has 3 cars he's doing now, counting mine. A buddy is getting skulls airbrushed in, and a neighbor nicknamed "peckerwood", is getting that angry woodpecker on his side panels. What's your car gonna get?

Mine is South Park themed. I have some of it done already. I will start a thread when it's complete.

My friend is an airbrush guru. He is very talented and I have told him he could make $$$ doing this on the side. He is afraid he will mess up someones ride. I have nothing but good things to say about his work on my rail so far.

yah.

I was getting that alot :grin:

:dunno: I finally figured out the drain on the batteries :thumb:

Thanks again for an awesome car; I hope the paint comes out looking at least as good as it did, quality wise!

• 3 months later...

Mine is South Park themed. I have some of it done already. I will start a thread when it's complete.

My friend is an airbrush guru. He is very talented and I have told him he could make $$$ doing this on the side. He is afraid he will mess up someones ride. I have nothing but good things to say about his work on my rail so far.

south park?? you know you should have "the jeffersons" theme your not foolin me :93:

Edited by barefoot bob

I posted my pics on the summer upgrade thread...my bad

I got it all back, and put togeteher. Phone pics will have to do for now, but I'll try to get some good shots with the paddles on once it's in the sand.

post-6067-070041600 1285798764_thumb.jpg

post-6067-063982600 1285798780_thumb.jpg

post-6067-034857600 1285798804_thumb.jpg

I was told you can buff the powder on the frame as you would a paint job, but it wasn't working too hot, so I gave up on that. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have to go see Grant about a new rubber boot that's torn on the front heim, other than that, I'm ready to go throw some sand :mischevious:

• 1 month later...

Looks great, Andy!

Here's a little doctored edit of your second pic. ;)

post-3-019228100 1290404144_thumb.jpg

That looks better, how do you doctor them?Ok I read the photo thread now; still learning :laughing: Thanks!

The car looks great. Ill be out in glamis in a few days. It would be nice to see the car out there. We will be camped in wash 6 with the Inland Empire offroad club.

Thanks man, I'd love to meet up again, but I'm outta the sand until at least christmas. When we're there, we're usually @ wash 7. You couldn't miss my bus if you wanted to :laughing: . Trying to budget a trip a month, but it all depends on what calls come in for work...

Edited by andydew