My dually sounds like a racecar now! lol

racegirl04

Just had a 5" exhaust installed on my truck and I couldn't help opening her up on the way home. Wow, the acceleration difference is unbelievable. And, oh yeah, it sounds pretty healthy too!!

I don't know what truck you have, but I have a 2004 Dodge ram 3500 TD dually and I tossed the 4" ex for the 5" and then I had a custom muffler made to accept the 5" in and dual 4" out. Sounds very cool.

It's an 06 Duramax LBZ. It has the 5" from the turbo back. We also put the bigger muffler on and the new cat is further away than the stock one to help with the heat gain not only on the passengers feet but also the tranny

It's an 06 Duramax LBZ. It has the 5" from the turbo back. We also put the bigger muffler on and the new cat is further away than the stock one to help with the heat gain not only on the passengers feet but also the tranny

On my trk it had a football shaped thing after the turbo pipe and I eliminated that too! Of course on a newer trk like yours, you probably have to keep that stuff.

Big fun zoomin' down a quiet back street.

My truck came from Texas, No emissions crap on the truck exhaust. I took off the muffler and now it's straight piped all the way from the manifolds.

It's loud as hell! At idle it sounds real cool. I get alot of questions about my exhaust.

I love dumping black smoke on the ricer cars and tailgaters!!

I used to like doing that stuff, but now I like them quiet....no more loud exaust or geardrives or any of that crap...Its cool for a while, then you get tired of it.......And I hate those damn loud harley, why would you want to hear that all the time...once in a while its cool , but not all the time..maybe because im getting wiser and older :dunno:

Congrats on the new exhaust,

I just put a 4" srtaight through system under my dually. I hear the turbo a whole lot more now; sounds like a freakin jet taking off :dunno:

Smokes pretty dang good, too :think:

I did mine for mpg reasons, due to all the smog equip. under my '09.

Any other plans for yours?

Make sure you keep your smog stuff, thyey are smogging diesels in socal now..

All you need is a tuner, you think the pipe made a difference, slap on a PPE and you wll lose your mind how fast they go..!!

HAd a 5" pipe straight thru, intake and tuner, that thing ripped on my Dmax..

ya pete but they went back to 98. which I think is dumb because they didn't come with any smog equip. I got a 00 and straight piped, but the smog is visual so my buddys shop can "over" look it for me, haha.

Nothing until the extended warranty runs out

Warranty Smarranty :P:banghead:

Probably smart; I threw caution to the wind, running an edge programmer, intake, and open pipe; I just hope it doesn't bite me :undecided: