sand rail Purchase

steveo

I don't disagree with that, I've looked at your car and it is killer, but look at Amplified, they were bad a$$ cars too, but he went under and screwed alot of people. Being around for a long time says alot in this industry.

Edited by JoeDuner

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey steve Under 50... Get teh same ride as don's car w/ that V8 you wanted for under your budget.. ready to go..

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....showtopic=83682

That's NOT the same car as mine. That is the little car. That is the Buggy Works chassis that is built by Desert Dynamics.

1.75 tubing probably costs $1000 more, spindles I don't know, grade 12 bolt don't matter, CNC turn brake costs no more that jamar and isn't any better, hanging brakes are how much more?, Howe power steering over charlynn is probably $1000 more, you run 934 micros and I think the midboards he has are more expensive, they have skid plate too, 5 buckets cost $250 more, he has crow harnesses as well, fuel tank is $500 more, paddles are maybe $200 more, 4 piston brakes are $300 more and engine is $800 more.

For a grand total of $4000............

Now he has Bypass shocks all four corners another $500, front beadlocks $200, they have wing trunk $500, full floor tunnels and roof $600, midboard hubs $1000 more, chrome front suspension, and candy powder upgrade $1000 for a total of $3800 more.

So you have $200 more in parts and are $11,500 more................I guess the deal would be swings towards them......Just my opinion though.

How do you achieve 24" of travel with microstubs, is your car super wide in the rear? How much ground clearance at full bottom?

I will be responding to this...just have a lot of stuff going on right now with the show! Check back Monday! I know how you guys are if someone doesnt respond :rockon:

• 1 month later...

I will be responding to this...just have a lot of stuff going on right now with the show! Check back Monday! I know how you guys are if someone doesnt respond :barf:

I will have to agree with Trickyls-2racer's post about customer service and the quality of a very beutiful true 5 seat race/sand car. "but who am I" :headbang1:

I will be responding to this...just have a lot of stuff going on right now with the show! Check back Monday! I know how you guys are if someone doesnt respond :laughing:

I guess there is a reason Trick racing is in the business of building offroad car and you are NOT!! :D

:laughoff:

Nobody said they didn't build a nice car. I think it's just how do they arrive at their price.......

In the quote above from Trick Racing...the guy said he would get back to us cause he knows how much crap we'd be talkin'. I think we have been more than civil and have waited patiently for his response, which has not come yet. I'm not sure where you're coming from by your response..... :banghead: but we are still waiting.....patiently for that response from Trick Racing. I am waiting because I would like to know about some of the things that JoeDuner has asked....like how does he achieve 24" of travel with microstubs....and even more basic like what is a microstub versus ??????

I find this thread interesting, as someday I will be in the market for a LT rail. I'm actually kinda disappointed it just died off because I was learning a lot. Now when it comes to spending my hard earned dollars...and believe me my dollars don't come easy......I know I'm listening to guys like JoeDuner because so far he has made the most sense when it comes to bang for my buck.

:laughoff:

Nobody said they didn't build a nice car. I think it's just how do they arrive at their price.......

In the quote above from Trick Racing...the guy said he would get back to us cause he knows how much crap we'd be talkin'. I think we have been more than civil and have waited patiently for his response, which has not come yet. I'm not sure where you're coming from by your response..... :banghead: but we are still waiting.....patiently for that response from Trick Racing. I am waiting because I would like to know about some of the things that JoeDuner has asked....like how does he achieve 24" of travel with microstubs....and even more basic like what is a microstub versus ??????

I find this thread interesting, as someday I will be in the market for a LT rail. I'm actually kinda disappointed it just died off because I was learning a lot. Now when it comes to spending my hard earned dollars...and believe me my dollars don't come easy......I know I'm listening to guys like JoeDuner because so far he has made the most sense when it comes to bang for my buck.

Well TrickyLS and I apreciate the honesty cmyfire and are both excited that you are still interested in this topic. I will get a hold of Trick and make sure he is aware of your interest in this info still. You will have to forgive him for not replying as promptly as you wanted for he is a very busy man as well as the whole crew. With that said

we would appriciate your patients. :laughing::D

I guess there is a reason Trick racing is in the business of building offroad car and you are NOT!! :D

Not sure what that means??? :drinkbeer: I never claimed to build cars.

THis topic started when SteveO was in the market to buy a car. He was looking in the 40-50K range. Trick Racing showed what they could do and I showed , what I thought was a good deal, what Sandwinder does. Trick racing said they use better compnents and I compared them, that's all. I never said anything about customer service or build times. I just heard about sandwinder and all their customers seen to be real happy with their cars. "But who am I".......LOL........Someone that is totally OVER IT!!!!

Edited by JoeDuner

• 2 weeks later...

1.75 tubing probably costs $1000 more, spindles I don't know, grade 12 bolt don't matter, CNC turn brake costs no more that jamar and isn't any better, hanging brakes are how much more?, Howe power steering over charlynn is probably $1000 more, you run 934 micros and I think the midboards he has are more expensive, they have skid plate too, 5 buckets cost $250 more, he has crow harnesses as well, fuel tank is $500 more, paddles are maybe $200 more, 4 piston brakes are $300 more and engine is $800 more.

Now he has Bypass shocks all four corners another $500, front beadlocks $200, they have wing trunk $500, full floor tunnels and roof $600, midboard hubs $1000 more, chrome front suspension, and candy powder upgrade $1000 for a total of $3800 more.

So you have $200 more in parts and are $11,500 more................I guess the deal would be swings towards them......Just my opinion though.

How do you achieve 24" of travel with microstubs, is your car super wide in the rear? How much ground clearance at full bottom?

Well here it is, and the last thing I wanted to do was get into a pissing match on this subject. I apologize for the delay...

Tubing is $1000 more, brakes are $750.00 more (depending on the brand), Grade 12 bolts do matter so your s$$t doesnt brake, CNC is better (but just an opinion because time matters and costs money when you have to replace Jamar), never priced the difference in hanging pedals-but maybe a couple hundred and a lot more comfortable to drive, Howe is about 1200.00 more, and you THINK the midboards are more expensive, but do you know (did you consider the cost difference in 934 CV's w/ 300m cages), are there front and rear skid plates on theirs? Are they 1/8 in, 1/4 in, or 3/16 in (this costs money), a fifth seat is 250 more, what type of crow belts does he use?, fuel cell w/ internal bladder is probably 1200 more (but dont know what he uses), you are probably right about the paddles, and the engine is 1000.00 more (with the howe power steering pump), and again alot more comfortable to drive!

Now for his car, how can you say that bypasses are more, you dont know what we charge for ours? Front beadlocks can range but would be 300.00 with us, you are right on the aluminum stuff, delete the midboard upgrade, and when did candy colors become an upgrade? They arent with us... And the chrome, (not sure of the price difference)

So in the end, you can add up this misc B.S., but you have to realize that there are a lot of things that are not mentioned in base packages (i.e custom radiator mounts, billet mounting brackets, custom shifter knobs, the extensive wiring job that we do, types of rod ends used, cv stars that get machined, boot flanges that get machined, spindles that are heat treated, amount of tubing used which leads to more weld time, the type of steering column set up, what type of u-joints, labor hours in the full build process (this adds up quickly), the fact that all tubing is NC mandrel bent and CNC notched is almost priceless, the customer support and service is exceptional (ask any of my customers) etc, etc. As I have said, its not that they build a bad car, its that we feel different components are necessary so that you dont have the problems down the road. But if your looking for just a sand car, then this isnt the type of car you need. Its much more than just a sand car, and would suggest looking at the two cars more extensively side by side. I did at the show, and I now know this post is meaningless. But who am I :thumbsdown:

Again I apologize for the delay and thanks to everyone who posted for me in the meantime! Now I have to get ready for a customer appreciation weekend! See you in the dunes.

For those that posted for you, all own your car are affiliated with someone that owns your car. I don't own a Sandwinder and still would recommend them. I personally own a Sandcars Unlimited.

You are right when you say, " you aren't comparing like vehicles", you, along with alot of other builders seem to be building desert cars that drive in the sand. I personally like the light weight of a sand car. Horsepower to weight ratio goes a long way. So, if your car weighs another 500#'s because all the custom stuff, I personally don't want it. But, I'm sure your car handles the rough terrain better. So, once again the 2 cars compared aren't the same but, it's personal preference.

And like i said before, your cars are awesome, I have seen the Passline car and the Black and blue car up close and I must say, " they are b*tchin!!!!". :thumbsdown:

• 2 weeks later...

I remembered I forgot to reply to this! I am glad you asked this question. The car has 24 in the front and 18 in the rear, and 5 inches of ground clearance at full bump. The only way to achieve close to 23 in the rear is to set up the car with zero ground clearance or run a midboard with a longer axle or have a really wide car in the back. Anyways, thats all about that.

I am glad we came to the same conclusion about not comparing the same car :cripple: So prices cant be compared either! See you in the dunes where I am positive you would be surprised at how well our cars can hang with the light weight cars :D

Every time i get to drive our car i see the limits and abilities of this car and it is hard to belive its a 2600lb car!!! Last weekend in Glamis we could run 90 + down to olds hill and the car could still dune with a pack of buggies and 2 wheelers like nothin'!!!!!! Hope to see you in the dune this weekend and many others :cripple:

• 2 months later...