Broken Rules

wrench

• 4 months later...

we use mickeys bottles when availible... and we get the problem w/ the bottle exploding and not just the cap blowing off..

Some peeps on rv.net laid it out pretty clear.

1) fill sobe bottle with flammable liquid of your choice....2/3 - 3/4 full. (usually right to the glass ring just below the neck)

2) drill 1/8" hole in cap.....put cap back on bottle...tight.

3) place in fire...not too hot or the bottle will explode.

4) run....stand back and watch the show.

Some peeps on rv.net laid it out pretty clear.

1) fill sobe bottle with flammable liquid of your choice....2/3 - 3/4 full. (usually right to the glass ring just below the neck)

2) drill 1/8" hole in cap.....put cap back on bottle...tight.

3) place in fire...not too hot or the bottle will explode.

4) run....stand back and watch the show.

Not that I am an expert on this, but I heard that the hole has to be as small as possible, bottle can't be cold either or it will crack, and set it in hot coals- that works the best from what I have heard from a little guy that usually shows up on my shoulder late at night! :laughing:

Not that I am an expert on this, but I heard that the hole has to be as small as possible, bottle can't be cold either or it will crack, and set it in hot coals- that works the best from what I have heard from a little guy that usually shows up on my shoulder late at night! :laughing:

I got my info from a fireman on the rv.net site....who apparently does a bunch of this. I also hear that diesel is better than regular. Since I haven't tried it yet....I've only done the homework...I can't say that I am an expert either. But with what you're saying, I'm thinking the bottle can't heat up too quickly or have a large temperature change in a short span of time otherwise it will break....just like putting a super hot glass in cold water.

:rockon:

• 4 months later...

first off my wife will tell you that iam not allowed to touch gas unless it is going in the bike, i cant run with sissors, and i cant ask stupid questions when iam in victoria secrets....other than that, she has not banned me from watching others do it.

• 2 weeks later...