17 members have voted

1. 1. todays music sucks

• yes
    • no
    • a lil yes
    • a lil no
    • to young to care
    • so old everything sucks

There's alot of good music out there. Most if it is never on the radio. Thank god otherwise they'd kill it. As far as general rock, there is nothing really new that I like. I have and will always hate country. However, there are many bands and variations of genres blended into some pretty badass stuff. You just gotta find it. Pandora is a great place to discover some great bands and hear some good ones that have been around.

• Like 1

Hey Bob, you need to check out "Steel Panther". That might change your view of todays music industry.

Warning: Very explicit lyrics, not for little ears!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfB7vF7nCdA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfB7vF7nCdA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfB7vF7nCdA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by ltr450rider

There's alot of good music out there. Most if it is never on the radio. Thank god otherwise they'd kill it. As far as general rock, there is nothing really new that I like. I have and will always hate country. However, there are many bands and variations of genres blended into some pretty badass stuff. You just gotta find it. Pandora is a great place to discover some great bands and hear some good ones that have been around.

i get it pete but i am refering to all genres from r&b to grunge to hair bands to soul music pop, heck i even like some (very little) techno and country

it just seems off the mark and synthasized or stereo typical.

Thanks to eMpTV it's all about the gimmick and talent is no longer a requirement. Man I miss the AOR days when bands put out albums with six or seven decent songs on them and radio would actually play them all. Then the 80's came rolling in and if you had one hit that is all that American radio would play until you were sick of it, then on to the next album. It's amazing to go overseas and see the difference between American rock radio compared to the rest of the world.

I'll throw a couple out for an example as most folks on here are too young to know or understand what I'm talking about. Thin Lizzy and UFO, by far two of the best bands ever of any genre. To the casual rock fan you would think they each only had a hit or two and in America they were lucky to sell out 5-7000 seat arenas. In Europe, Japan, and elsewhere they headlined festivals with upwards of 80-100,000 fans.

And as a prime example with a band that probably most on here have atleast heard of: Iron Maiden. I attended their show at Glen Helen in June which was their largest crowd EVER in America at 50,000+. This same band for years has been playing EU, Asia, South America and everywhere in between to crowds on most occasions of 100,000+ and even had a gig in Rio with 300,000+. That's over a quarter of a Million fans kiddies! All from a band that you NEVER hear on American rock radio. But overseas, where good music is appreciated as opposed to a good gimmick, you can hear them all day long.

Up the Irons \m/

Thanks to eMpTV it's all about the gimmick and talent is no longer a requirement. Man I miss the AOR days when bands put out albums with six or seven decent songs on them and radio would actually play them all. Then the 80's came rolling in and if you had one hit that is all that American radio would play until you were sick of it, then on to the next album. It's amazing to go overseas and see the difference between American rock radio compared to the rest of the world.

I'll throw a couple out for an example as most folks on here are too young to know or understand what I'm talking about. Thin Lizzy and UFO, by far two of the best bands ever of any genre. To the casual rock fan you would think they each only had a hit or two and in America they were lucky to sell out 5-7000 seat arenas. In Europe, Japan, and elsewhere they headlined festivals with upwards of 80-100,000 fans.

And as a prime example with a band that probably most on here have atleast heard of: Iron Maiden. I attended their show at Glen Helen in June which was their largest crowd EVER in America at 50,000+. This same band for years has been playing EU, Asia, South America and everywhere in between to crowds on most occasions of 100,000+ and even had a gig in Rio with 300,000+. That's over a quarter of a Million fans kiddies! All from a band that you NEVER hear on American rock radio. But overseas, where good music is appreciated as opposed to a good gimmick, you can hear them all day long.

Up the Irons \m/

ya i remember and still listen to thin lizzy. ufo lights out in london was good . foghat,badco,zep,heart, supertramp , great era for music in all genres , some killer r&b came out in that time too .but were back in the past. new stuff doesnt compare. new alice in chains sounded good. but its hard to appreciate with lane staley gone. im gonna try some of these others mentioned

the weird part is some nes bands that play older style stuff seemed to get reemed but the older stuff there similar to they love. i dont get it. i happen to like nickleback. "animals" is a great song, for example, but man some folks reem them. dont understand why. i like that jango pops in a new song related to what ever genre im listning too. but not always very good in comparison. never was a fan of speed metal music. i did like sandman by metalica but they got branded as sellouts for slowing down :dunno:

Edited by barefoot bob