New Phone ? Droid X 2

FE135

Contract is up with AT&T. Looking at new phone options. I don't have any experience with Android phones but the Droid x-2 looks like it might be pretty good. I figure most of you all might know if it is a good phone or not.

Who is happy with theirs? Who hates it? Open to suggestions. The mobile hotspot is one option I need.

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! seems inserted automagically.

Admins, please delete this thread. Thanks.

:lol: fixed it for ya Neal. We'll have to remove that. That was for jr1208 a while back when he would comment on every single thread with a "x2" It got rather annoying. hahaa

I don't know anyone with an x2 yet, but I love my Droid 2. I know the Thunderbolt is the sh*t as well. headbang1.gif ISBB loves his.

I looked at that also but the one complaint seemed to be battery life. Maybe ISBB can shed some lite on that.

Thanks for fixing!

All android phones will eat up battery life. They continuously run apps in the background even when not using your phone. I bought an extended life battery and it goes allday unless I am playing "words with friends" with alot of my friends.

I have the Droid X and love it.

Neal, i usually get a FULL day out of my phone with no problem.. all depends on how you manage it. I have learned to leave 4g off and that is the big thing. Verizon doesnt have 4g in all locations yet so when you leave the antenna on for 4g it killllls the battery while it is CONSTANTLY searching for those towers. Drop it to 3g and your golden it lasts all day. "IF" you need that speed boost you can jsut turn it back on. I use a app called Phone Info that can be found in the market that makes that a very simple task :D I cant say anything bad about the thunderbolt with the only exception it does not come stock with swype however swype beta which is downloadable from them works great :D

I went last night and got the droid x2. Didn't want to wait anymore since Verizon is moving over to a tiered data plans beginning next month and I wanted to avoid that and the rush to get in before it starts. Thats what happened when AT&T did that. I won't see 4G service here for at least a year and half. I did play with both phones and think this will work for me.

Time will tell... Thanks for the comments/suggestions.

Edited by FE135

Right on Neal. Let us know if you have any questions with it. Most of us are very familiar with our Android phones by now.

Tiered data plans? Eff that. I'll cancel the phones all together and go back to having a beeper for $5/ month like back in the day! hahaa I pay enough as it is. blury.gif

Right on Neal. Let us know if you have any questions with it. Most of us are very familiar with our Android phones by now.

Tiered data plans? Eff that. I'll cancel the phones all together and go back to having a beeper for $5/ month like back in the day! hahaa I pay enough as it is. blury.gif

Yea, you guys are on top of that for sure... I do have one question, when you get an email with a picture attached, how do you save it to the phone? I'm using yahoo mail and pressing on the pic or pressing on the left most button doesn't do anything.

Slowly figuring other things out.

Yea, you guys are on top of that for sure... I do have one question, when you get an email with a picture attached, how do you save it to the phone? I'm using yahoo mail and pressing on the pic or pressing on the left most button doesn't do anything.

Slowly figuring other things out.

Just press and hold on the pic. Then save or copy to sdcard. ;)

Just press and hold on the pic. Then save or copy to sdcard. ;)

Not on the x2, all my droid friends are baffled. I did use a harder method by going to the Yahoo directory and copy and paste them to SD card but not what I want. There must be a way and it's probably simple,,,, to somebody.

Wierd. This sounds gay, but check the Droid forums. Yes, there is such a thing. Lol

Gay it is. Seems when you view the picture, it downloads automatically and places it in the camera memory. After a reboot or some unknown time, It gets moved to the SD card where the viewer can now see it and display it in your gallery. Either a bug or stupid idea.

Dumb, but workable. I had to have something to say "the iPhone is better" :stirthepot:

I just got a Droid Incredible 2 from Verizon and love it. It's my 1st smart phone, no 4g though , because Reno doesn't have 4g. Alot of places up there will try to sell you on the whole 4g thing and people up there fall for that sh*t.

Figured it out. I was using the Yahoo mail app. When I use the built in mail app, there is a button to download attachment to SD card. Works great, canned Yahoo app. I knew it had to be simple.

More I use phone, more I like it.