burned up coach on the way home from Dumont

dunefreak

We saw this on the way home along the Old Spanish Trail Hwy near the 160. It looked like they managed to get a few things out and they were ok, but the coach was a total loss. I don't think they were duners, but I'm not sure. The looks on their faces were so sad as they walked around the motorhome just looking at all the destruction. :(

post-3-0-12684900-1328587386_thumb.jpg

Woah that's a bad one. Years back there was a situation like this but it burnt up all their toys (atv's) on there open trailer hitched to the back. It was on the 15 fwy coming up from the Mojave. It's all bad news when things go up in smoke!

Must have happened after we passed. So sad... at least they got out and they were ok.

But this does remind me that we came up on Justin and Julie stopped in the middle of the switch backs, not sure what happened, they were ready to go just as we pulled up. Horrible place to break down.

Motorhomes go up in flames quickly. I always leave my wallet and cell phone in the same spot so if I need to get out quickly I can get those things and get out. They are also a bomb waiting to go off with all the propane and fuel onboard. If this ever happens to you don't try to fight the fire just get a safe distance away. Thats what insurance is for.

my buddy was talking with the owners of this while they were waiting for the road to clear. Said he doesnt know what happened smoke alarm started to go off, he checked all his gauges looked good him or his wife could not see smoke or nothing thought it was just a mishap on the smoke detector 3 min later he said the whole cab filled with smoke got the wife and dog out ran around back and disconnected his car. They were from Florida satying at the hot springs, still owed 190K on the motorhome :( But at least they got out safley.

my buddy was talking with the owners of this while they were waiting for the road to clear. Said he doesnt know what happened smoke alarm started to go off, he checked all his gauges looked good him or his wife could not see smoke or nothing thought it was just a mishap on the smoke detector 3 min later he said the whole cab filled with smoke got the wife and dog out ran around back and disconnected his car. They were from Florida satying at the hot springs, still owed 190K on the motorhome :( But at least they got out safley.

wow, crazy! That must have been their Dodge Durango then across the street with some of their stuff they could salvage.

• 6 months later...