Dune season. It's getting closer!

dunefreak

Can you believe it? Only another month / month and a half left to go.

Is it just me or does anyone else "smell" dune season" approaching? What I mean is those evenings where the temperatures are starting to get a bit cooler. You'll be out in the garage doing something and the cool air has that distinct cool smell of dune season. You can almost hear the sound of RV generators in camp around the fire or quads & buggies out on the dunes. I've been dreading the maintenance and things I still have to do to get ready for the upcoming season, but I can't wait to get back out again and see my dune family and friends. My sandcar has been waiting very patiently. :laughing: I've sat in it a few times over the summer and I miss driving it real bad! It won't be much longer now!

post-3-0-26525600-1347501270_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Glad to hear your excited about planning on the dunes. I was afraid you had thrown all your efforts into dual sport and you might be out of the dunes? Are you thinking about the weekend before Halloween?

Terry

Edited by ynot

what the hell does that say?? i guess i don't speak your language.

yeah well me either. Guess I was paying attention to something else and didn't re-read the post before sending it. My laptop will move things around on me if i allow my big old thumbs to land on the built in mouse.

I just think we don't speak the same language on music but on duning we are on the same page.:)

• Like 1

snapback.pngynot, on 12 September 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Glad to hear your excited aboplanning on thail on the dunes. Are you ut the season Pete. I was afraid you had thrown all your efforts into dual sport and you might be weekend before Halloween?

Terry

:saywha: :laughoff::blury::drunk::lol:

yeah well me either. Guess I was paying attention to something else and didn't re-read the post before sending it. My laptop will move things around on me if i allow my big old thumbs to land on the built in mouse.

I just think we don't speak the same language on music but on duning we are on the same page. :)

I'm right behind you on duning Terry... you can keep your music though. :punchline:

I was a little sad that we would miss our traditional first trip of the season, with Mike back off to China, but I filled it with my first trip all summer to the lake :laughing: and a kayak trip down the canyon :)

And next weekend back to Coral for sand fix before he leaves :)

So home sweet Dumont home will have to wait til halloween.

snapback.pngynot, on 12 September 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Glad to hear your excited aboplanning on thail on the dunes. Are you ut the season Pete. I was afraid you had thrown all your efforts into dual sport and you might be weekend before Halloween?

Terry

I was writing in "Pat" Language! It's how his old brain thinks so I put the message out to him first and then translated it so everyone else could understand it.

:saywha: :laughoff::blury::drunk::lol:

Glad to hear your excited about planning on the dunes. I was afraid you had thrown all your efforts into dual sport and you might be out of the dunes? Are you thinking about the weekend before Halloween?

Terry

Out of the dunes? How dare you talk like that! :ohmy:

I've definitely taken a larger interest in the dual sport world lately, especially since the purchase of the KTM. It's grown into an addiction like the dunes now. I don't think I could ever give up the dunes, however this season I will be making less trips than usual due to a couple reasons. We're starting soon on our partial remodel which will consume some time and money. I also have many more multi-day dual sport trips planned and we also have a trip to the Bahamas in March! :headbang1: Unfortunately I probably won't be able to make my first trip to Dumont until early November. I have to work the weekend of the 20th and we have a friend's Halloween party on the 27th.

Out of the dunes? How dare you talk like that! :ohmy:

I've definitely taken a larger interest in the dual sport world lately, especially since the purchase of the KTM. It's grown into an addiction like the dunes now. I don't think I could ever give up the dunes, however this season I will be making less trips than usual due to a couple reasons. We're starting soon on our partial remodel which will consume some time and money. I also have many more multi-day dual sport trips planned and we also have a trip to the Bahamas in March! :headbang1: Unfortunately I probably won't be able to make my first trip to Dumont until early November. I have to work the weekend of the 20th and we have a friend's Halloween party on the 27th.

I figured you were losing your mind now you have confirmed it! :slap: Well let me know when you are going so we can get some old fashioned boy's runs in.

Avid duner VS. Avid dual sport. I never thought anything would outweigh the dunes for you. BTW what are you doing to to the house?

It's not that it outweighs the dunes. It's just an additional passion I have acquired. It definitely costs much less and I get to see and ride alot more. There's only so many weekends to do it all though. I still love the dunes just as much, but this season the trips will be a little more limited with everything I've got going on. I'll still be going out every chance I get! :grin:

As far as the house, we're just doing some much needed updating as it's already been 11 1/2 years since I bought the place new. We'll be redoing the master bath, adding a bar on our half kitchen wall, new flooring throughout the entire house, new appliances, some more painting and new moulding.

It's not that it outweighs the dunes. It's just an additional passion I have acquired. It definitely costs much less and I get to see and ride alot more. There's only so many weekends to do it all though. I still love the dunes just as much, but this season the trips will be a little more limited with everything I've got going on. I'll still be going out every chance I get! :grin:

As far as the house, we're just doing some much needed updating as it's already been 11 1/2 years since I bought the place new. We'll be redoing the master bath, adding a bar on our half kitchen wall, new flooring throughout the entire house, new appliances, some more painting and new moulding.

Glad to hear that, I would miss our runs! Nothing quite replaces running behind or leading great drivers who you can trust and know their traits. i would sincerely miss that. Been through the re-model thing twice. Best thing I can pass onto you is be prepared for DUST everywhere!

• Like 1

Glad to hear that, I would miss our runs! Nothing quite replaces running behind or leading great drivers who you can trust and know their traits. i would sincerely miss that. Been through the re-model thing twice. Best thing I can pass onto you is be prepared for DUST everywhere!

So does this mean your sandcar is no longer for sale?

So does this mean your sandcar is no longer for sale?

Uhmmm you might say that was a post to calm the wife down about my ability to drive after my shoulder replacement. After driving the M/H and Jeep over 3000 miles while on vacation i think she is over it. if someone came along with full asking price i might again might have to take it and buy another at a lower price and pocket the difference. Chances of that happening I believe are pretty low to say the least. I love my car but there are so many nice cars out there like the 2 seat rear engine Alumicraft Honda turbo on GD.com for 19500 that I could probably get used to Honda power for amount of money I could bank. Race fuel is also another consideration. I have to drive out to the speedway on Thursday before the LOORs races to meet the Sunoco truck and bleed $9.20 per gallon. that's $506.00 for a barrel I used to pay less than $300.00 for. I hope they have Vaseline without sand this time. I have an empty barrel do you need any race fuel while I am out there Pete?

Uhmmm you might say that was a post to calm the wife down about my ability to drive after my shoulder replacement. After driving the M/H and Jeep over 3000 miles while on vacation i think she is over it. if someone came along with full asking price i might again might have to take it and buy another at a lower price and pocket the difference. Chances of that happening I believe are pretty low to say the least. I love my car but there are so many nice cars out there like the 2 seat rear engine Alumicraft Honda turbo on GD.com for 19500 that I could probably get used to Honda power for amount of money I could bank. Race fuel is also another consideration. I have to drive out to the speedway on Thursday before the LOORs races to meet the Sunoco truck and bleed $9.20 per gallon. that's $506.00 for a barrel I used to pay less than $300.00 for. I hope they have Vaseline without sand this time. I have an empty barrel do you need any race fuel while I am out there Pete?

No thanks. I'll just be running the Rebel 100 this season. Worked just fine for me last season.

Terry... I realize this is a really dumb question, but can you turn the boost down or something and get your car on the 100?? It's not like you don't have enough power in there. and if you could live with Honda power, maybe a compromise??

I was running 87 in the Raptor before, but now with the tune I am just running 91. The Outlaw stated 91 all along, and when I filled the Truck up i would just fill the gas can(s) at the same time and I could save 20 cents a gallon. That adds up over a season, and the truck takes 36 gallons to fill, not running premium in that. I am pretty glad I dont have to buy diesel, since it's more than premium.

Terry... I realize this is a really dumb question, but can you turn the boost down or something and get your car on the 100?? It's not like you don't have enough power in there. and if you could live with Honda power, maybe a compromise??

I was running 87 in the Raptor before, but now with the tune I am just running 91. The Outlaw stated 91 all along, and when I filled the Truck up i would just fill the gas can(s) at the same time and I could save 20 cents a gallon. That adds up over a season, and the truck takes 36 gallons to fill, not running premium in that. I am pretty glad I dont have to buy diesel, since it's more than premium.

LIVE with Honda power? You must not have ridden in my car. Terry's is a bit faster than mine, but a turbo Honda is no slouch.

And no. Once you have the power, you can't go back. ;)

• Like 1