Halloween weekend 2012 trip reports and pictures

Dumont Dune Riders

Hi all, Came in Tuesday it was an awesome trip. Plenty of time with friends and family.Did not hear about the drug sniffing dogs. Sorry but good!!! Also really really good about Vin Checks. Ihave worked too hard. To have my stuff stolen. For those People whose stuff is stolen I hope they get it back…. Hunted house was awesome even better than last year.Thank you for sharing!!!!

K my question???? Did you happen to catch the truck with the blue LED Wheels????Ya that was mine. Worked my A$$ off on that…. What did you think????

Saw you truck many times at Comp. Looked pretty coool. Also looked like ALOT of work! Don't understand how your lights don't melt when you're brake'n, but never the less, looked good. I don't mind the VIN and drug checks either. Last thing I want is for a fellow duner to lose a family member because of an idiot who is high that crashed into them. If the po po stopped just one of those accidents from happening by jacking someones weed, then it was all worth it. BUT, in the same breath, no po po should ever go into your castle (trailer) w/o consent or probable cause (a lawful reason). Can't have those fellas over stepping their authority now can we....It's a lil thing called the 4th Amendment....

Just wait till you get there and they keep you detained for a couple hours as they look for something to fine you for and if they dont find anything and they start giving bogus tickets.. better yet when they start stopping every 3rd trailer and it takes 3 hrs to into Dumont then maybe you might change your mind....then again you have nothing to hide so its no bother.. but sooner or later it will end up a problem for everyone...

I didnt know that drugs where such a problem out there ... I guess if they crack down on those massive drug deliveries they are having now it will pay off later. If you notice that if they would actually chack the vins when they pulled people over that are acting like MORONS they would probably catch more stolen stuff then doing a surprise check at the entrance.. Last Time I looked around it was the dopers or the drunks causing the issues in the first place.. could be wrong.. I was wrong once before but even then I was mistaken

My second Time at Dumont for Halloween. Had a great time as expected. As always I need to thank the Fox family for taking me in to their camp. Tons of fun scaring the kids and duners in their Dunes haunt again. Got some good rides in and my first roll (in eight years with my rail) on our last ride.

Was shooting around a big bowl when the car started to drift. My left back tire went over the peak. That turned me sideways on the peak, my passenger side cought the razor and started the roll. went over 1.5 times. not too much damage. tires off the bead and my left front shock tower damaged. No injuries. Good times as Always. :headbang1:

gallery_4060_69_82021.jpeggallery_4060_69_14503.jpeg14315_10151317291226457_321609757_n.jpg1076_10151317291331457_24297931_n.jpg534491_10151317291561457_1806076032_n.jpg69766_10151318281691457_172865017_n.jpg

Glad to see your ok.... rail can be fixed..... glad you had fun..you should have swung by and said hi .. we was in our normal spot

Capt

what a great 6 days at dumont the XP ran perfect as did all my upgrades. 190 miles most were fast dune runs with rails or xps. took some go pro and will get a video together soon. was able to meet up with a lot people and still didnt get to

see everyone i wanted to. if my supplies hadnt been getting low i might have stayed longer. had a great time today with neil and the idaho dune guys 40 miles rough fast duning and a couple of photo shoots. cant wait for the on board drift pictures. the xp needs a wash and a oil change

post-978-0-62336300-1351571748_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I had a really great time this trip, it was good to be back out in the sand. We went out thursday and the dunes were gorgeous but by friday morning they were starting to look a little weathered. It seems as if the SxS have absolutely taken Dumont by storm, they were so many of them! Definitely makes me want the keys to an XP. Here a just a few pictures that I took on thursday evening.

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_5242.jpg

Look at that sand!!!! :rockon:

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

• Like 1

Just wait till you get there and they keep you detained for a couple hours as they look for something to fine you for and if they dont find anything and they start giving bogus tickets.. better yet when they start stopping every 3rd trailer and it takes 3 hrs to into Dumont then maybe you might change your mind....then again you have nothing to hide so its no bother.. but sooner or later it will end up a problem for everyone...

I didnt know that drugs where such a problem out there ... I guess if they crack down on those massive drug deliveries they are having now it will pay off later. If you notice that if they would actually chack the vins when they pulled people over that are acting like MORONS they would probably catch more stolen stuff then doing a surprise check at the entrance.. Last Time I looked around it was the dopers or the drunks causing the issues in the first place.. could be wrong.. I was wrong once before but even then I was mistaken

Glad to see your ok.... rail can be fixed..... glad you had fun..you should have swung by and said hi .. we was in our normal spot

Capt

Capt,

You have great points. I agree. I had expanded my thought in another post. It is a shame that our tax dollars and dune fees pay people who do not understand us and may even view us as renegade bikers... Far from the truth... I work 40+ hours a week, my wife of 30 years and I have raised three boys (still riding Dumont), never been to jail or had hand cuffs on. I pay my bills, I pay my taxes, Hell I even drive the speed limit on the streets.

The Idea of someone looking out for us by attempting to keep the harder drugs out of Dumont and maybe even catch a thief or two is appealing, I think the problem is these guys need better training. I agree with you, I would be mad as hell if I was stuck out there on the road for hours while some young kid or pissed off officer tried to prove his power by making life miserable. I would even like to see a group of men and women who wanted to be out there and not just looking for some OT.... or who come to Dumont with some preconceived notion that they are going to some crazy party where we duners are going to do nothing but give them a hard time. I know that happens every big weekend there is always that 10% or we would not even be having this conversation. I just know I would offer any duner help that I would hope to get in return weather they were wearing a badge or not. I know I am a dreamer… But I still like to believe….. It is just that it would be nice if there was somewhere we could go where THE MAN wasn’t trying so hard to have a gotcha moment with us….

Thanks for listening

Smokin.

PS. How did we manage 10 or 15 years ago, even 20 or 25 years ago when there was no BIG brother to check for “Bad drugs” or stolen bikes? Man I guess I am just getting OLD…. How the hell did that happen???? J….

I do have one complaint. I ordered a Non-Res Cali sticker from a site sponsor, got it pretty quick, whick is nice....BUT I got sent a 2012 sticker. I thought/figured I would get a 2013.......$35 for a one time use......pissed that money out the window. I know I know, I should have gotten a NV sticker, just didn't feel like doing all the paper work, and with me never home, it was easier to just order the Cali one. It wasn't DogHouse.....so that kinda narrows it down. Thanks again!!!

I do have one complaint. I ordered a Non-Res Cali sticker from a site sponsor, got it pretty quick, whick is nice....BUT I got sent a 2012 sticker. I thought/figured I would get a 2013.......$35 for a one time use......pissed that money out the window. I know I know, I should have gotten a NV sticker, just didn't feel like doing all the paper work, and with me never home, it was easier to just order the Cali one. It wasn't DogHouse.....so that kinda narrows it down. Thanks again!!!

Great trip report, Jay! :laughing:

that happened to me last year at Carters, I was a little t'd off cause i bought 3 of them and never noticed it. But had to buy Cali stickers this year too, sent 4 registrations into Nevada, even went ot Carter to pay and mail off since there a "authorized" location, it was $88.00. Monday before the trip I got a letter from DMV saying they will not process any of my request because they want seperate checks for ea registration. geezz.

Thanks Pete. I actually DID do a trip report.

I know. Lol Just another way of saying off topic. ;)

Thnx for the trip report though. Glad to see you make it back out to D. It's too bad it wasn't a weekend I went so we could hook up and bs.

• Like 1