Your Overall Opinion and/or Experiences with NOs:

Ross and Alice

UUuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO

Unless your motor is built for it I wouldn't recommend it. Nitrous Oxide is very hard on bearings,rods,pistons and wrist pins. If your NOS isn't set up right it can make your motor go BOOM and it will make you :laughoff:

They call it laughing gas because when your stuff blows up everybody else :blink:

Edited by Don29palms

First I fill nitrous....second I ve used on countless things, third Ive lost exactly one engine. It was a stock lt1 (93) that lived a long life and probably made 3000 passes at teh track. Looking back it detonated and broke a piston, actuallty just down to the ring land.It still ran just poorly.

I ve sprayed a forged piston 383 (stock short rods and stock turned down 400 crank) so much its just sad. I ve probably lost 5 -7 head gaskets on it, but it had a 210 hp plate and a 250 hp fogger. The car ran mid /high tens on the plate.

If the tune is right , nitrous isnt bad or more stressful to any dangerous point, but most people will not and do not tune it right or at all, just put in jets and go on someone elses word. I use a wide band o2 sensor, egt gauge (peak /hold) and scan tools/ dataloggers on anything with a computer. I even have a four channel egt to check for lean cylinders.

The problem is that the tuning cost is way higher then the nitrous system, just in parts.