Good ole Pay cuts.... Help me stop this

bp-guy

rocket . its funny that if some one dos not think of a cop as a god to you guys they must be some kind of a bad guy. like i said theres a need for law enforcement. i do have family in law enforcement and have had a close family member killed in law enforcement mp ( love you cole larsen) and i have had some dangerous jobs that have made it on the top ten list have you? i know you were a cop. try being a repo man in all of the LA area with no gun and no back up and being white did it for 2 1/2 years ( no it was not in the top ten) name of the biz was Total Recovery Services, Inc office in hawthorn and corona . if you ever look up the true facts of the most dangerous jobs a truck driver has a more dangerous job and makes the top ten i hauled gas. well you never know if your going to be killed by some dum a$$ that runs in to you or cuts you off when you have 8800 gal of gas on your truck or have some one rob you at gun point for your load and you do it just so every one can drive there cars and trucks around town. lol if you look it up a fisher man has a dangerous job and more of them are killed doing it then a cop doing there job just so you can sit down and have some thing to eat . so as you sit there thinking you had the most dangerous job out there there is some one out there that was just been killed doing there job for you and me . more people are killed doing there jobs then cops doing there job and that is from the us bureau of labor stats.

Edited by turbo_bruce

Bruce, have you ever proofread your posts?? The negativity and contempt you exude in your rantings, to me,

shows your disdain, and lack of understanding for the requirements of law enforcement. Yes, there are more dangerous professions. Would you qualify to be a law enforcement officer?? Hopefully you are not in a dangerous job requiring you to put your life on the line to protect others. Thankfully, there are those of us who chose to enter the field of law enforcement! We're very proud of our service and realize not everyone is capable of performing the stressful duties required.

You state, "that so called lunatic was created by law enforcement and will be covered up by the same", referring to Christopher Dorner. "Created by law enforcement"? What the heck are you talking about!? "Covered up"? You are so misinformed about the facts in this case, you have no "standing" (court term), to comment on them!

Get a clue Bruce, you don't know what your are commenting about and need to back out! Could you put yourself in Tim's place and performed the duties depicted in the above photos?

what christopher dorner did was wrong but the fact is that he was a cop and lost his job. and may have lost his job for telling on other corrupt cops . but in your mind there are no corrupt cops and only the elite can be a cop wow what happen?? we are all just people. so do you think we the people will ever know the truth on his firing probably not

rocket . its funny that if some one dos not think of a cop as a god to you guys they must be some kind of a bad guy. like i said theres a need for law enforcement. i do have family in law enforcement and have had a close family member killed in law enforcement mp ( love you cole larsen) and i have had some dangerous jobs that have made it on the top ten list have you? i know you were a cop. try being a repo man in all of the LA area with no gun and no back up and being white did it for 2 1/2 years ( no it was not in the top ten) name of the biz was Total Recovery Services, Inc office in hawthorn and corona . if you ever look up the true facts of the most dangerous jobs a truck driver has a more dangerous job and makes the top ten i hauled gas. well you never know if your going to be killed by some dum a$$ that runs in to you or cuts you off when you have 8800 gal of gas on your truck or have some one rob you at gun point for your load and you do it just so every one can drive there cars and trucks around town. lol if you look it up a fisher man has a dangerous job and more of them are killed doing it then a cop doing there job just so you can sit down and have some thing to eat . so as you sit there thinking you had the most dangerous job out there there is some one out there that was just been killed doing there job for you and me . more people are killed doing there jobs then cops doing there job and that is from the us bureau of labor stats.

Fine and dandy stats but,....... Those stats are for every 100,000 people that do that specific job. Being a truck driver is dangerous because your worried about a traffic accident more than being robbed. Seriously how many time have you read in the paper or news that a fuel delivery driver was car jacked? We only have approximately 20,000 agents so our stats don't equate to your stats.

Taken from this site---- http://writer-david.hubpages.com/hub/Border-Patrol-Agent-Deaths

Border Patrol Agent Deaths have been an issue since they first started on an irregular basis in 1904 to stop illegal crossings. Since that time, 111 Border Patrol Agent deaths, in the line of duty, have been recorded. But, consider this; In 2005 there were 773 recorded attackson Border Patrol Agents in the US. In 2009, there were 1073 attacks! In fact, according to the article linked, there is a U.S. Border Patrol Agent attacked every eight hours. Let me repeat that, There is a U.S. Border Patrol Agent attacked every eight hours. That is an astounding statistic. Since the year 2000, 21 Border Patrol Agents have died in the line of duty. Three were killed last year, including Brian Terry

I want to keep on with my stats but truth is..... I have a grilled chesse sandwich waiting for me and it is more important than this thread right about now!!!

ok iam not saying your job is not a bad one but i dont know the number of tanker drivers that have been killed or robbed but truck driver not just tanker drivers that have been killed or attacks in the same time frame is way more . any way hope you dont take a pay cut and be safe out there. Adam Henry OUT

Edited by turbo_bruce

ok iam not saying your job is not a bad one but i dont know the number of tanker drivers that have been killed or robbed but truck driver not just tanker drivers that have been killed or attacks in the same time frame is way more . any way hope you dont take a pay cut and be safe out there. Adam Henry OUT

It's because there are probably 300,000 if not more truck drivers in the U.S. Of course the number will be higher!!!! More people on the road = more accidents=more deaths.

But thanks and I am always safe out there.

Tim

• Like 1

This topic has going off the rails! I will keep it open unless Tim the topic starter asks for it to be locked or closed. Or it gets into personal attacks. Don't think this debate is informing anyone. and I think Bruce and Tim could be friends over a beer at the dunes so let's not get to that point that can't happen. I would suggest signing the petition or not but let's stop the circle jerk of posts. Think everyone has stated there feelings on the matter beyond the topic.

I like tacos...........

This is ridiculous! I have to sit here and read about how your job is more dangerous than someone else's. Well let me educate you. Mine is much more dangerous. I have to sit here and deal with test pilots all day. Giant egos wanting stuff! Talk about stress! Gimme this gimme that, I can't print config sheets fast enough and those dam paper cuts hurt and I could get an infection and die. If I give him the wrong checklist for the aircraft type he might lose control and crash on my car. I live in fear every time I take a lunch. Constant yelling about shredding classified information. You need to see the military grade shredder we have, that sucker can eat a 3.0 King shock in 30 seconds. I got my sleeve stuck in it once and had it not been for the earthquake shutting off power, my call sign would have been Stubs. PTSD from that one! I can't exit on that side of the building anymore. I'm deaf from all the jet noise around here. I jump under my desk yelling "In coming" every sonic boom. Last week a piece of ceiling tile landed on my Pop Tart from a big Sonic boom. Now I call the Mesothelioma lawyers from the TV commercials just in case. Our roof leaks when it rains, no big deal huh, It's like a Chinese water torture. Try dealing with that threat when the weather man says rain on Wednesday and it's only Monday. Sleepless nights for sure. I could go on but I think you get the point.

Edited by FE135

Are you off your meds???lol

Yep, let's sign the petition, lend our support and move on. This my job/your job stuf is petty. Everybody can't be LE, Fire, Paramedic, or Military, someone has to whip up my Panani when I roll through Wendys'.

i lied one more post. ace you filling like you can walk on water?? hold your breath

You've got some serious pent up hate going on in you. Of course I can't walk on water. But I can part it and drive these muffhuggin' M1A1 tanks through the opening.

Didn't mean to offend, I had no idea that you were the one making my breakfast panani. You make them well though, they are hella good.

You should have kept that one more post to yourself like you said but something tells me you will have the last word in all of this. I never said I could walk on water, only that we should sign the petition and get back to duning. And that I like me some panani.

Play on