Good ole Pay cuts.... Help me stop this

bp-guy

We are about to take a major pay hit in the few months. With the government all screwed up like it is the easiest way way is to just make us take a day off every pay period and we lose our AUO hours all together. This will equal about $800 a pay check !!!

But yet we are still HIRING!!! I have hiring boards tomorrow !!!!! We can't pay those we have now but we will hire more, WHY!

Please click the link. All you need to do is put in your email address and name. You will get an e-mail and click that link and press the "Sign Petition" button. If we get the required votes,It goes up for review and it might get struck down. $800 is a big amount to lose. I can see alot of people losing their homes over this one.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-reduction-border-patrol-agents-pay-and-benefits-prevent-attrition-and-corruption/qFXtCFgX

Please pass this on to everyone you know and ask them to sign it as well.

Thanks

Tim

Well, look at it on the bright side, if we end up having to take the full 22 days off this fiscal year that is limited by law at least we will be in a lower tax bracket. Might even be a pay raise in the long run to drop down a level or two.

I'm not looking forward to the furloughs at all because the work load will not change. Same work with less time to accomplish the mission in.

Gotta love the Gubment

Done, best of luck. If you would have told me 20 years ago this country would be in the financial mess it's in I would have had to see what you were smoking. Who would have believed it that one idiot can cause so much pain and suffering to those who are not moochers. The moochers on the other hand never had it so good.

• Like 1

If your are taking a 800 dollar a check cut you must make big bank, maybe you guys are over paid alittle.

Feel free to come walk in my shoes anytime!!! Ever take down 14 grown men by yourself in the middle of nowhere with no radio communications? How about chase 2 loaded trucks full of 1600 lbs of marijuana not knowing if these guys are armed?

Now am I overpaid?

• Like 1

The danger of the job has little to do with what it earns. Its the profit it supplies. Security in every aspect is a complete illusion. That being said, yes you have a dangerous job, and for most people its not for them. I appreciate what you try to do. Its unfortunate that the powers that be really have no intent of stopping the problem.

Btw, if your spending 800 a month on gas....get a different car. 800 in our gas saver.....is 15780 miles on average. Thats not even hiway numbers. ($3.65 a gallon). So maybe a different car choice can save some home foreclosures.

The danger of the job has little to do with what it earns. Its the profit it supplies. Security in every aspect is a complete illusion. That being said, yes you have a dangerous job, and for most people its not for them. I appreciate what you try to do. Its unfortunate that the powers that be really have no intent of stopping the problem.

Btw, if your spending 800 a month on gas....get a different car. 800 in our gas saver.....is 15780 miles on average. Thats not even hiway numbers. ($3.65 a gallon). So maybe a different car choice can save some home foreclosures.

What he TRIES to do? Maybe you don't understand what our border patrol agents successfully accomplish every day for our country.

• Like 2

Please show me where in SoCal you can buy gas at his price Premium 91 goes about $4.55 a gallon and Diesel is about the same. Why would I trade my F-250 and BMW for a Gas saver. A Kia or Prius cannot pull or Drive the Same. I do have a 1997 Nissan Altima I use with 285K miles runs like a champ but I use this couple time a month. My bill for gas is three cars and a commute to work which most do not have in the range of 150 Miles per day Round trip.

Either way The support the BP has and gives there is not enough cash to pay me. I will stick to Manufacturing with Heavy equipment which has danger but its not hiding from me.

..is 15780 miles on average. Thats not even hiway numbers. ($3.65 a gallon) to hit these numbers you need to 70 Miles per gallon. Most cars average 20-25 Miles. Not in my case.

If your are taking a 800 dollar a check cut you must make big bank, maybe you guys are over paid alittle.

Maybe should get a good education and dedicate 30+ years of yours and your family's life to National Security and then try and determine who is overpaid. Or be the size of an overgrown Sasquatch and try and squeeze in all the areas of an M1A1 Main Battle Tank that would be a tight fit for a Korean midget or even a spider monkey all the while spark chasing and trying to keep the weapon of war in the fight so that when some Islamic Zhithead that is trying to disrupt your Freedoms and Liberties simply because you don't believe the way he does steps into the gunners crosshairs said gunner can make said Zhithead disappear from the face of the earth when he squeezes the trigger.

That is only one of the many small simple tasks that I perform from day to day to make my "big bank" as you refer to it. I puts a roof over my family's head and some groceries on the table and allows for some recreation from time to time. I wouldn't consider it big bank but for the 7 or so years of being seperated from my wife and children over a 20 year career in the Marine Corps and then the hard azz job I have as a Civilian Marine I'll take it.

I don't know if Tim gets paid once a month or bi-weekly but regardless, $800 it a big hit. And I would not want his job any day of the week. Thanks for the tasks that you're performing Tim. Gotta be tough trying to keep the Homeland safe and being under appreciated at the same time.

• Like 2

What he TRIES to do? Maybe you don't understand what our border patrol agents successfully accomplish every day for our country.

What he does is a great job. Your not really arguing that border patrol in this country is successful are you? I think theres roughly 12 millions examples of that not being the case. Im sure he does everything he can do, its unfortunate that people way above him have no intent on actually making a change.

Its numbers man, and we lose.

In vegas 87 was 3.65 yesterday for me....and yes i have a car that averages 72 mpg in town. Your driving a deisel truck round trip to work or a bmw? For a 150 mile commute? Why would you drive something else? Ah....money. Youre commuting to work and back and back. Lets say 160 miles...and you average 20 mpg depending on what you drive. The truck being slightly less and the car more. Thats 8 gallons a day at 4.50$? So about 36$ a day. x 5 x 48 weeks? about 8650 $ a year just going to a from work. My honda would safely average 72 mpg so about 2.2 gallons a day on 87. So Im guessing about 4.35$ in so cal? 9.6 $ a day. or 2319 $ a year......

So theres $6331 reasons a year to drive something else. For most people its not worth it, obviously because they dont drive a car that gets 70 plus to the gallon.

What does the price of gas have to do with my topic?

I took this job knowing I might die. I also took this knowing I might have to kill someone. All I was asking was for you to take 3 minutes of your time and sign a petition that could save me and 21,000 other agents alot of money. We spend alot of money over seas on things that are trivial at best. We need to focus on our nation first.

I have been doing this job almost 11 years now. My living has grown accustomed to my pay. My mortgage will suffer alot if I lose this money. I drive 9 miles to work so gas and my car is irrelevant. By the way, I own my truck so why go buy another car and have a payment?

Anyone that puts their life on the line on a daily basis should be paid higer then joe blo the paper pusher. Our military gets SCREWED! They should make more than me. And people that jump to the conclusion that we make too much are usually jealous that I get what I get but they are too lazy to find a job that makes as much or more. If your a hater of the government payscale because your on the outside looking in. I think you know who to blame. If not I have a mirror you can borrow.

And thanks to all that support me on here. I know alot of you personally and call you all my friends.

Oh BTW... 1320--- That child molester I caught in the field and and is now in jail waiting to be sent home just might have been coming to your neighborhood looking for your son/daughter. Just a thought........

• Like 2

Good answer Tim, there's always a person(s) who feels that they know more than anyone else. I appreciate your job, how hard you work and your dedication. I also know that you do not control those decisions made at the top that others feel you are responsible for. To them I say fk Off!!

"1 day off per pay period" should be stopped, however AUO = overtime, correct.?. That petition does absolutely nothing to educate the requested signers what they are petitioning for. As a business owner I would have to hire additional people if overtime were a regular occurrence or not be competitive. I'm not saying you are payed too much etc, but waste is waste, and overtime is just that if it can be controlled. You may be surprised how little this will effect your net income. And before the bashing proceeds, I do appreciate what you guys do and I am a Vet. There HAS to be an attempt to control our federal, state and local overspending, unfortunately BP is in the crosshairs on this one, much much more to come for sure...

In vegas 87 was 3.65 yesterday

Petition signed, thank you for what you do!

Interesting analogy 1320 but irrelevant to say the least, (especially since southern Califonia gas prices are $4.25 +/- for 87), not to mention the last time I looked at a map, Nevada was not a border state.

:hello: He isn't the only Gov employee affected by this. I'm on the DoD side of this. Expecting our 30 day notification next week sometime. Sarcastic "Yea!"

Ain't that the truth, I get 10 furlough days a year myself in local government.

"1 day off per pay period" should be stopped, however AUO = overtime, correct.?. That petition does absolutely nothing to educate the requested signers what they are petitioning for. As a business owner I would have to hire additional people if overtime were a regular occurrence or not be competitive. I'm not saying you are payed too much etc, but waste is waste, and overtime is just that if it can be controlled. You may be surprised how little this will effect your net income. And before the bashing proceeds, I do appreciate what you guys do and I am a Vet. There HAS to be an attempt to control our federal, state and local overspending, unfortunately BP is in the crosshairs on this one, much much more to come for sure...

You are correct, AUO is overtime. It means "Administrative Uncontrolable Overtime". My station is kinda unique when it comes to this. My station is in town, but we work in the mountains. I get to work at 5 am. We have our morning briefing and then we got our gear and vehicles then head out. We usually don't get out to our assigned areas until 6:30. So there is 90 minutes just to get briefed and drive out to work. We then work our shift until the next shift gets out there. This is between 12:30 and 1 pm. We then need to wash/gas our vehicles and drive back to town. We complete any paperwork as needed and finish any cases that need to be signed/corrected. This usually wraps up at 2:30-2:45 ish on a good day. But there are times when we are on a trail chasing foot sign for hours on end and our vehicles are a good 2 hour hike away. Or we had a dirtbag that needs to get his paperwork done before the time constraints expire. This can lead to a 12-15 hour day. If congress passes this thing. I need to stop all/everything I am doing and make sure I am ready to go home in 8 hours.

I can deal with a furlough day to help out. But this AUO thing had alot of bad things besides $$ if we lose it.

Edited by bp-guy