Transitioning

sand chick

We watched these guys during our lunch break yesterday and every single transition was straight up and over... And I maybe TOTALLY wrong here.. but isn't a straight up and over transition super dangerous or is it just a matter of preference? :think::dunno:

post-2396-0-31307500-1364758034_thumb.jp

post-2396-0-32136000-1364758036_thumb.jp

post-2396-0-67118900-1364758037_thumb.jp

post-2396-0-68511000-1364758038_thumb.jp

Straight up and over has made me roll over a few times. Too much impact and no smooth transition and Transition smoothly Is what I would think to be the right way but hell they may have always done it this way and may have it down without knowing other ways.

considering this guy almost took out a few different people, and on the finger dune, where he was going straight over all day, there was a family running around a little bowl. If he had gone straight over there he would have ran someone over. he was brave that's for sure, stupid too maybe. Sliding down the hills sideways, and straight over, not idea what's there. That won't last long before he crashes or hits someone.

I saw his tracks in one area and cut that dune short just in case.

Maybe he is from Oklahoma, that's how they ride the dunes at Little Sahara in Wynoka. They cruise up to the top and flop over, scared the hell out of us when we saw it in 2001. They had never seen a bunch of guys on quads cutting lines through the dunes. It actually made them stop and watch and have a spit:)