EPA put the hurt on EDGE

andydew

Got this email this morning:

Edge has been involved in litigation with the federal government regarding the manufacture and sale of Edge Racing branded products. The United States Environmental Protection Agency ("EPA") has alleged that these products are illegal "defeat devices" that violate the Clean Air Act's prohibition against the installation of equipment on a motor vehicle that defeats or renders inoperative its emission controls. Under the terms of a Consent Decree lodged with the United States District Court for the District of Utah to settle the claims brought by EPA, Edge has agreed to cease the manufacture and sale of the devices. Edge has also agreed to recall and repurchase the devices that were previously sold. Please click here to download the official recall letter from Edge Products, LLC.

Thanks,

The Edge Products Team!

"The company, located in Ogden, Utah, sold more than 9,000 of these electronic devices nationwide, resulting in an estimated 158 tons of excess PM emissions released into the atmosphere. This is equivalent to the emissions from 422 new long-haul semi trucks operating for a period of 29 years."

I call BS. Who came up with these numbers? I'm pretty sure my F-350 runs cleaner now than it did before I installed my Evolution. Or at least by seat of the pants testing anyway. And if all of this took place back in 2011 why was it not all over the news if it was such big deal to the EPA? I like the way my truck performs with the programming so until the Gov tells me I have to surrender it it will stay in the truck. Edge Evolution rocks!

damn, i bought one from ogden and had it upgraded to a gryphon by a company in georgia. how in the hell can you determine a number like that....these freaking "green" people suck. anything that will net you better gas mileage these days it seems they want it illegal.

It's easy. They just have to sell it as for OFF ROAD PURPOSES ONLY.

Course maybe not?? Since the buggy builders all got fined huge.

Once I went to smog my truck forgot to turn it back to stock and the smog guys says oh u must have a programmer? Thinking I failed, he said no actually they burn way more efficient with them in.

Hmmm

I'm not sure the government is going to enforce a surrender of these, but it sounds like you can get a full refund if you voluntarily give it back....of course not sure just how many people would do that? Can you imagine the loss Edge would take if everyone participated? Cali has random checkpoints checking for modified exhaust and such, which would be the only way big brother could enforce this, short of them taking edge's customer database and chasing peeps down...I dunno? Eitherway, it sucks. Edge was selling these as off road/race only kits, which was why it was legal; but now, EPA can come after them with penalties and mandatory recalls? Just plain wrong!

This is where as they say the constitution in our current government has become toilet paper.(by the people,for the people...) Im not preaching politics but god damn!

U wanted change?? You got it!!!

Btw I wanted change and I wanted it OUT!!!! (sadly I lost)

• Like 1