What food do you bring to Dumont?

TbonesMalones

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Go to Stater Bros and watch the meat counter for a while; you'll see immigrant families buying the best meats, with no problem dropping $50 for a few good cuts of meat. On the other hand, you see the white guy trolling for a good price on round steak (does putting it thru the meat tenderizer costs more, he asks?).

Ever been to Ports O Call/San Pedro or the better food courts in shopping centers and seen how people eat? Again, Immigrant, or lower income families have a platter filled with shrimp, crabs and good beer. Then you see the same white family with a chili dog, maybe a churro, a super tanker for the family, and maybe, just maybe a Corona.

My point?

No point, just an observation.

I guess people place different values on food."

Quote from CB

At the dunes in our RV, We prepair some pretty good meals.

The other white duner families with us live for a week on a 50 Count pkg of hot dogs and the 100 count Costco tacquitos, no gucamole dip either.

That big, nice kitchen in their RV's and they nuke Ball Park franks everyday, maybe grill them. Bon Appetite'!

And they make good money, it's not a budget issue there. Enjoy!!!

Our Phillipino and Mexican duning friends all have roasts, marinated chicken, egg rolls, seasoned beef fresh baked pirogis with stir fry ect,,

Much more fun eating in the RV with a little thought, not a lot of money, and hardly a little time.

Ya finally got the family together in one spot,, not heading out to school, soccer, friends house, the ex's, ect.

Pull out all the stops and make some simple but good meals.

It isn't that hard, it aint that costly either.

Edited by Ross and Alice

WEll if thats the case im bringing half of the stuff outta my refrigerator and using your kitchen... Some of us dont have the luxury of having a full kitchen... If i want to grill something i have to ask nicely to borrow someones grill, if i want to nuke my ball park franks i have to ask nicely to borrow someones microwave... other than that... its Cold and comes out of my cooler. mmmmmm beer!

WEll if thats the case im bringing half of the stuff outta my refrigerator and using your kitchen... Some of us dont have the luxury of having a full kitchen... If i want to grill something i have to ask nicely to borrow someones grill, if i want to nuke my ball park franks i have to ask nicely to borrow someones microwave... other than that... its Cold and comes out of my cooler. mmmmmm beer!

Since when?? You don't have to ask nicely! Just fuggin use it. You know better, jackass. :stirthepot: :angry2:

ya well thats you... but what if i camp with someone else... or another group which i ocasionally do in glamis!! I cant just walk up to someones trailer and start usin thier sh*t...

Speaking of grilling i smell the charcoal warming up already... YUMM.. boss is bbq'ing today!! :D

ya well thats you... but what if i camp with someone else... or another group which i ocasionally do in glamis!! I cant just walk up to someones trailer and start usin thier sh*t...

Speaking of grilling i smell the charcoal warming up already... YUMM.. boss is bbq'ing today!! :D

Sounds like a Glamis problem! :idiot::flipoff: Aren't the people you camp with there your friends? They would be mad if you used their grill? What kind of people are they? :laughoff:

ORRRRRRR

Buy a grill! :idea: If you can afford to drive 4-5 hrs to Glamis instead of Dumont, you can swing 50 bucks for a little grill. Come on!!!! :boxer: j/k

Dream dinners allows you to select items from their monthly calendar in which you go there and prepare the food all the way up to the point of cooking. They have all the ingredients out, chopped, and ready to go, so you don't have to do a thing except mix the ingredients the way you like and move on to the next item. You then package it, stick a label on it, freeze it, and thaw when you are ready to prepare. The food is really good. It's really cool, especially when you come home from a tough day at work and don't feel like preparing a meal. You just grab your dream dinner and cook per the instructions on the label and you've got instant gourmet. There's one on Pebble and Eastern next to the movie theater. Check it out or go to www.dreamdinners.com to learn more.

- Mel (Mrs. ISBB)

That's Poopdik just knowing all that info........ :laughoff:

Breakfast---- Cereal and/or Danish and/or donuts

Lunch --- peanut butter and jelly or ham and cheese and for Nov thanksgiving trip its turkey and stuffing sandwiches. Or any of the spagettio's or ravioli I have stashed in the trailer.

Snacks - chips and dip, puddings, cookies and any other junk food I dont normaly buy.

Dinner---- Chicken fried rice, pasta, chicken, steak, salad, tacos, buritos, fajita's.

What ever comes to mind.

Drinks besides booze---- Choc milk, milk for cereal, water and soda.

We bought our small grill for 10 bucks at walmart. then got the bag of charcol for 4 bucks. Its already got the lighter fluid on it so all u have to do is throw the match in... Very good deal for a weekend trip

What do you do for the next night though? I have used a small grill and charcoal before...it lasts for barely one night. :think:

What do you do for the next night though? I have used a small grill and charcoal before...it lasts for barely one night. :think:

The charcol will last ya about five days. I just get the med size charcol bag. and put as much as I need in the grill and save the rest for later. Its good for like hot dogs and also will fit five burgers. Its good if ur with a small crowd. it lasted all night for us, I just brought weiners and threw them on the grill

Edited by Resident^Blonde

The charcol will last ya about five days. I just get the med size charcol bag. and put as much as I need in the grill and save the rest for later. Its good for like hot dogs and also will fit five burgers. Its good if ur with a small crowd. it lasted all night for us, I just brought weiners and threw them on the grill

ohhhhhh, I thought you meant one of those small bags of "light the bag" charcoal with the lighter fluid built in. :think: I had two of those f*ckers over Labor Day at Coral and it didn't last worth a damn. Yeah I guess if you have a large bag, that'll do for a weekend. :laughing:

ohhhhhh, I thought you meant one of those small bags of "light the bag" charcoal with the lighter fluid built in. :think: I had two of those f*ckers over Labor Day at Coral and it didn't last worth a damn. Yeah I guess if you have a large bag, that'll do for a weekend. :laughoff:

:laughing: and the :laughoff: goes to.... lol jk

nope, those dont last as long lol.

:laughing: and the :laughoff: goes to.... lol jk

nope, those dont last as long lol.

:laughoff: hey, I only planned on cooking up some brats and some corn on the cob. It didn't work. :dunce: :(:laughoff: I bummed a sh*tload of charcoal off wingnut. It worked almost too good then. :think::laughoff:

• 2 weeks later...

Just went shopping for Halloween weekend :blury: ...Albertsons is now out of food and beer! :finger::finger:

:laughoff::laughoff:

post-3-1161837193.jpg

post-3-1161837218.jpg

post-3-1161837264.jpg

post-3-1161837281.jpg

post-3-1161837299.jpg

The pictures don't even do any justice too! :cripple: Marinated chicken, corn on the cob, dogs, fruit, cinnimon rolls, cookies, chips, chips, more chips and dip, coffee, pizza, chicken nuggets, jalepeno poppers, burritos, lunch meet and cheese, juice, chocolate milk, Sobes, beer, and Gin/ tonic. :laughoff::laughoff: