SandBox_Kid Posted October 3, 2006 Posted October 3, 2006 I finally got my bonus check and besides getting some fab work on the rail I am looking at buying a portable compressor for my trailer. I already have a nice "hot dog" compressor that I use to install cabinets and the like.....but that would be too big to store. I was thinking about getting a 115/120v tankless compressor. I want to go tankless due to the limited space for storage in the hauler and 115/120v for quicker fill ups. I'd like to hear about what everyone else is using and what they think....... Suggestions, comments.......anyone? Quote
dunefreak Posted October 3, 2006 Posted October 3, 2006 Well don't buy one from Harbor Freight!! I'm on my 3rd warrantied one in about a year! :shocked2: What a pain in the ayyyass! You get what ya pay for!!!! P.O.S.!!!!!!!! Quote
EY3BA11 Posted October 3, 2006 Posted October 3, 2006 Im tryign to remember what JoeDuner has.. .ITs a tankless 110v that i used before i believe it was a craftsman?? I have one of these i might be able to sneak outta the office for a small fee!! http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/catalo...;products_id=58 Quote
SandBox_Kid Posted October 3, 2006 Author Posted October 3, 2006 Im tryign to remember what JoeDuner has.. .ITs a tankless 110v that i used before i believe it was a craftsman?? I have one of these i might be able to sneak outta the office for a small fee!! http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/catalo...;products_id=58 That's the one I was looking at today...the exact one. I don't want you to get in trouble....I'm willing to pay full retail. Let me know..... Quote
EY3BA11 Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 i bought one w/ a tank for the office havent plugged that one in in over a year!! Quote
mike156 Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 I have a craftsman (3 or 5 gal tank) its about 18"long 10"wide 20"tall mounted in my trailer. Good for tires and blowing down the toys. Running are tools I have friends running small compressors but they fabricated extra tanks under their trailers( to much work and money if you ask me) Quote
rhino king Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 shait I have an onboard compresser with my gearbox,,,, Quote
dunefreak Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 shait I have an onboard compresser with my gearbox,,,, Well too bad we all can't roll like the KING We'll see how good that thing works next time I have to air up my 33's from being aired way down! Quote
rhino king Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 Well too bad we all can't roll like the KING We'll see how good that thing works next time I have to air up my 33's from being aired way down! hey it works that well!!!! thats how I roll!!!! Quote
MAXDOUT Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 (edited) shait I have an onboard compresser with my gearbox,,,, SO THAT COMPRESSOR COST WHAT??? 65,000 $ Edited October 4, 2006 by maxdout Quote
rhino king Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 SO THAT COMPRESSOR COST WHAT??? 65,000 $ 48,000 shait msrp is 62k Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 I bought mine at Checker,same design as Petes but going strong after 3 seasons. Quote
got boost? Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 get a tank and put some compressed nitrogen in it..... thats what alot of the jeep guys are doin lately. it goes a long way for fillin tires too Quote
dunefreak Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 yyyyyyyyyyyyeah! That's gonna fill a fullsize tire up fast! That thing doesn't even have an air tank does it? Quote
rhino king Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 yyyyyyyyyyyyeah! That's gonna fill a fullsize tire up fast! That thing doesn't even have an air tank does it? 60 GALLON Quote
rhino king Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 (edited) FILLS UP THE RAIL TIRES AND MUCH MORE!!! :angry2: Edited October 4, 2006 by rhino king Quote
dunefreak Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 60 GALLON :dunce: :redhat: :angry2: oh ok then. cool I guess after 48 grand you'd feel like an idiot if it DIDN'T come with one. Does it come with a DDR midget too? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.