Tom pro, King sand car, sinister, short sand cars? Which?

jordanhiggins2002

That one has been for sale for a while now. He posted it on here as well. Surprised it hasn't sold yet at that price.

The only thing I've never liked about the Tom Pro cars are those dinky little wheel/ tires.

Was the price 13500. Cause I was seeing different prices all over the place.

Can you post up the info description on the 2007 tech 3. The red one when you get a chance. Thanks dune freak

Tech 3 two seat mid-engine sand rail, 3.5 L Honda, Garrett A/R turbocharger w/ intercooler and TIA waste gate w/ 8 psi spring. Mark’s Sand Tran MD4S-2D Mendeola Transmission with 5.14 ring and pinion 930 German CV joints, chromoly flanges, cages and axle . Fox shocks, Gear One brand rack and pinion steering, disc brakes and rear hubs. CNC brand pedal assembly and dual handle turning brakes. Auto Meter gauges, Ron Davis radiator w/ dual fans, Hi Torque starter, 10 gallon aluminum gas tank, PBS cable shifter. STU Razor Back front and Xtreme Hole Shot rear tires, Hella lights and Crow 4 point harness’. Everything is powder coated or chromed. Rail is ready to go. Asking $21,500, please email if you need additional information or photos.

post-8877-1379699640_thumb.jpg

post-8877-1379699703_thumb.jpg

post-8877-1379699622_thumb.jpg

post-8877-1379699556_thumb.jpg

post-8877-1379699359_thumb.jpg

Jordan, when I first saw Pete's car I was a little concerned about it being manufactured using mild steel. How ever after seeing the use and abuse that car has taken from Pete I would definitely step up to the Tech 3. It's an amazing car and Pete show's his no mercy and has very little issues with it. Skip the Busa car, you will only be looking for something different in a short period of time.

Best wishes,

Terry

Hanging with and driver comfort and control are a different thing. Nothing against Busa cars but I would make the step up and I think Pete would agree with that since he's owned both.

Tech 3 sandcar

I had this car built for me 100% turn key from Tech 3 Motorsports in 2009 (from previous owner). I'm the original owner and the car has been used VERY LITTLE. I only average 2 trips per year. Once you see the car in person you will see how little it has been used.

It has the following components:

3.7 (J37a1) Honda from Vtec Performance
Turbo package from Carl at Vtec Performance with Tial waste gate and Turbonetics BOV
Mendeola (md4s-2d) from Marks Sand Trans
Fox double shock bypass package in rear and air/coil combo in front
Charlyn power steering with heavy duty Gear One rack and pinion
CNC pedals
CNC dual handle turning brake
Jet trim extra wide seats
Race Pak gauge cluster
PCI radio/intercom and car to car with iPod hook up
Heavy duty trailing arms and not the standard 5 link
Sand blaster 33-15 on bead locks
8.50-15 razorbacks on bead locks
Odyssey battery
PBS cable shifter
Hi torque starter
Dirt bags custom bags
Tribal whips 30" led light bar
Wing trunk for storage

I have been running 6 psi on 100% race gas.

Stock internals on motor and running stock ECU. Runs absolutely perfect.

The side panels and wing are wrapped, so if you don't like the design you can simply remove it. The panels are also lined with vinyl.

Car measures 93" outside paddle to outside paddle and fits in my trailer with the paddles on.

I'm asking $29,900

Feeler , I bought car and out twice, runs/dunes fantastic!!!!!!.......will take 27k "firm" 909 912 2739 text Mike

Planning a 2 week trip between xmas -new years so wont sell during that time....before 22nd or after new years please: )

Hanging with and driver comfort and control are a different thing. Nothing against Busa cars but I would make the step up and I think Pete would agree with that since he's owned both.

Yep they are tons of fun, but in the end I wanted more car. They can definitely hang. I even lead the rides most of the time, but like you said Terry it's about comfort and control. I was driving that car at it's limits and had to be on my toes when certain hard transitions or things came up. I had very little room for error with what the car could soak up. Driving that fast in the Busa actually took more skill than with a bigger car. I am glad I made the switch. The first time I test drove my car I was sold. I was amazed how much "more car" the Tech 3 was.

Crap! Dunefreak your not helping my decision at all.......grrrrrr

It really depends on your experience. Yes, a Tech 3 will be a more capable car, but to tell you the truth I don't know if I would have become the driver I am today without going through that transition. I'm not trying to sound full of myself, but I did learn alot. If you jump right into a car that can make up alot for driver error, you can kill yourself very easily. You become overconfident right away and tend to rely too much on your equipment. I even had to learn to respect my new car after a few "oh sh*t moments". I thought I knew it all and could handle it all.

If you have little to no sandcar driving experience, it will be literally YEARS before you outgrow the Busa. Who knows, you might not ever want or need more. They really are very capable cars. Don't let the "mini" name fool ya.

Either way you go, you will be happy for many years to come. They are both awesome cars at a great price and you can sell or upgrade at any time. I doubt the market will drop much more.