Holiday weekends vs off-weekends

dunefreak

What type of weekend do you usually prefer? Do you like the busy holidays because the people watching and craziness or the peace and quiet of an off weekend to enjoy the solitude and emptiness of the dunes?

I'm curious what attracts everyone to either weekend. Are you an A type or B type? Or both? 

I personally love Halloween, but after that I just want to enjoy the rest of the season at Dumont when it's empty. 

weekend.jpg

I am 100% for the off weekends... Can never get a good fast ride in on the crowded ones, since you feel like someone is always going to come over the dunes into your line. Im also not that much of a fan of having to check traffic from right to left as Im leaving camp like Im merging onto the freeway. 

I like the holiday excitement and people watching and meeting people.And I live in Pahrump so it’s super easy for me to get plenty of alone time in the perfect sand with nobody around It’s 51 miles from my driveway to entrance road