Veterens Weekend/ Nov 10th report

EY3BA11

1) PROPERLY LOAD YOUR TRAILER!

2) The armada has a lighted french fry holder

3) "SWAP" was the word of the weekend

4) Finger dunes suck

5) People in rhinos are azzholes

6) Being couped up in a trailer with dunefreak, wingnut, joeduner, OGP, crasher and DuneSmurf will definatlety make you laugh :driver:

7) Over inflated tires feel like flat tires :idiot:

ISBB and I rollin in about 8 PM Friday night. It was pretty calm and nice out. No night rides were planned, but campfire-side :laughoff: & :chat: was fun. :D

Sat AM was nice. It was slightly overcast and had a slight breeze. ISBB, wingnut and I headed out early (for me) in the am for a ride. :dolphin: Ash left right after us and found us but shortly after he broke his clutch cable. :boxer: We got a couple more bike rides and couple buggy runs in along with some comp hill action. Got to see and hang out a sh*tload of peeps I still can't remember all the screen names to. :think::banghead::dunno::laughing:

Hanging at the :drinkbeer: after a ride...

normal_S2010107~0.JPG

normal_S2010108.JPG

normal_S2010109.JPG

that crazy hunter guy that shows up popping wheelies! :think::laughoff: (JoeDuner)

normal_S2010123~0.JPG

normal_S2010124~0.JPG

Chillen at comp...

normal_S2010117~0.JPG

normal_S2010110~0.JPG

normal_S2010111~0.JPG

normal_S2010112.JPG

normal_S2010113.JPG

normal_S2010114.JPG

normal_S2010115~0.JPG

"welcome to burger world...how may I help you?" :laughing:

normal_S2010118~0.JPG

...Then the wind and some slight rain drops came. :( It lasted a couple hours but then subsided about mid-afternoon.

We went out for another buggy ride before I had to take off at 4ish. It was pretty nice then. (Of course- right when I had to leave! :banghead: )

...another ride to the north pole and then over to check on our sacred ground at the south pole.... :laughing:

normal_S2010125~0.JPG

normal_S2010126~0.JPG

It was at that time I wondered what time it was getting to be. Hauled a$$ back to camp to find out it was 3:30 and had to bail. :shocked:

normal_S2010131.JPG

5 minutes later we were loaded up! :laughing: I have never been loaded that fast. It is kinda nice sometimes just taking the flatbed.

Driving home...leaving Dumont :bawl::laughing:

normal_S2010134.JPG

normal_S2010136~0.JPG

It was a fun short trip with some good peeps. :idiot:

Some observations from my weekend....

Rumble strips on the freeway are now called "trick strips" :boxer::barf:

Trailers loaded wrong allow you to take a nice view of the desert with your headlights down Potisi :fro: :no_no:

Nissan Armadas come standard with illuminated french fry holders

OriginalPimp doesn't use his heater in his toyhauler :driver::laughing:

ISBB now stands for I Snore Big Breaths :banghead::banghead::flipoff::laughing::laughing: "Nick..........Nick....SHUTUP!!!" :laughing:

Tire swaps and spark plug swaps

Wingnut hates alot of bands :laughing:

ISBB always thinks his tires are flat on a ride after not riding in the sand for a month :slap::laughing:

Randog's car is still crazy fast :banghead:

RCC's Rhino is just as badass in person.... Nice Rhino and nice to meet ya :thumb:

Suzuki Samurai's can pull out Motorhomes :laughing:

normal_S2010106~0.JPG

Was a nice weekend too windy sometimes but there wasnt very many people there. got there around noon friday hooked up 2 friends that just bought quads and took them on two good rides before they had to head out rolled over to the ynot ash camp with joeduner OGP wingnut and racnjasen rolled up a little later then pete and nick showed up. with the other camps DDR was well represented :idiot: was a quiet and early night in camp and realy the dunes were quiet after dark for the most part. a life flight heli came in and landed out north of vendor row but i never heard what for anyone?? :boxer:

saturday was alot of good rides chased a ddr buggy ride tell i couldnt hold on anymore was a fun fast ride. later mike156? and i tried to follow randog through the north dunes mike with a full load in his rail and me on my ds650. let me tell you randy dunes as fast as he hill climbs and i think he was waiting on us most of the time. mike and i talked later and both thought we were moving but randy just dunes at a higher gear. did dinner then a early run to comp hill about 9pm with a couple trucks few quads. note wood will burn if you pour gas on it nonstop! hill was quiet not many making passes on it. couple big groups at the bottom. went back to camp hung out by the fire. then the wind started. it blew hard was hard to see the other side of the circle a few times. rocked all night that way. :banghead:

then the morning was nice. tell about 9 then the wind picked back up. wingnut racnjacen and i did a windy ride on a lot of virgin sand out to the north pole then back up over comp hill (razorback on top was a sharp crossing) then some hill climbs back up that hill and back to camp packed up and was on the road before noon. if the wind would have let up today would have been a great day of laying fresh tracks but as it was my face and eyes :laughoff: still feels sand blasted.

on a side note it was a nice camping spot but my tires took some hits on all the sharp rock fields on the way to the dunes :driver:

nice meet a lot of ddr peep's wish i could make thanksgiving

oh and the strange......... :drinkbeer: jasen and i found out we have the same last name and have had family in the same areas have to look into it but maybe a cousin small world!!

I added surius satalite wiring to my trailer that was the sh*t.

i know you guys have everything including sat tv in the big a$$ haulers you have. but i like the little stuff having just moved out of a tent last year. being out of the wind and have the latest news and music was nice!!!

I added surius satalite wiring to my trailer that was the sh*t.

i know you guys have everything including sat tv in the big a$$ haulers you have. but i like the little stuff having just moved out of a tent last year. being out of the wind and have the latest news and music was nice!!!

Sweet!! not everyone is all pimped out with sat tv in their haulers. lol :driver:

Additional observations;

Nick doesn't talk much while duning.

All that left early Sunday should have stayed just a little bit longer as the wind quit and Walter and I got 1 last real fun ride in on Virgin sand and noone on the dunes but us!

I realized how much I love that place

I realized that I have a lot more friends than I thought and I thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

TTYL! :driver:

Edited by ynot

Additional observations;

Nick doesn't talk much while duning.

All that left early Sunday should have stayed just a little bit longer as the wind quit and Walter and I got 1 last real fun ride in on Virgin sand and noone on the dunes but us!

I realized how much I love that place

I realized that I have a lot more friends than I thought and I thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

TTYL! :drinkbeer:

Terry it was great hanging out with you and the peeps from your camp. I was glad to be able to share a weekend (well, part of a weekend) with you before you will be out for a while. I wish you well with your surgery on Tues and hope everything goes as smooth as virgin sand for ya! :laughoff::idiot: I'm lookin forward to some more good times in the sand. :driver:

oh and BTW, I think Nick is a mute at Dumont. :banghead::boxer:

Any day in the dunes beats a day in town! Windy or not, I had a great time and as usual, everyone was way cool. I will be out for T-day, but only a day trip on Saturday. Here's some pics from this weekend.

Camp guard dog

post-625-1163383298.jpg

And the partner

post-625-1163383380.jpg

My new bumper/winch/light...got to use it 2 times this weekend

post-625-1163383448.jpg

My new wheels and tires

post-625-1163383482.jpg

Terry's last whoorahh

post-625-1163383522.jpg

And last but not least...a great sky right before a great campfire

post-625-1163383581.jpg

Wow looks nice. Glad you all had a good time. Doesn't look like it was to crowded.

Nope, it wasn't too bad. :D There was just enough people to make it fun at comp on Saturday afternoon, but not too crazy crowded in the dunes or around camp. :drinkbeer: The "idiot count" was much lower than Halloween. :laughing:

Yeah! Great Weekend! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Awesome smooth dunes are the life. :thumb:

Nice little Saturday putt over to :laughing: to find DDR peeps. :drinkbeer:

Never made it to the Southpole. I've never even been there. :slap:

Never made it to Terry's camp, but got to chill with everyone at the hill. :watching:

Always a blast putting the schmack down on some MUTHA :redhat: BITCHEZZZZ :driver:

Martin camped with us (or vice versa). He is way cool peeps. Always welcome bud :thumb:

DDDriver has some quick a$$ wit. Carefull tryin' to rag on this guy (Especially Grimace). :laughoff:

Thanks to DDDriver, duece, Grimace, Fleaga, Ed, Art, Al, Biz, Ken and the ladies. and everyone else in our camp. Great trip. :thumb:

We had a potluck Saturday night. I was like,,,,WTF no food fight? :laughing: Killer Grubb

Concerned about my Gear-one axles, after seeing the guy who's broke on the hill. :thumb:

Don't know how many of you guy saw the big 4seat v8 hit the VW car on the hill. Scarry. :shocked:

No one got hurt :thumb:

Anyways, Good to see everyone again, It may be a while for next time. :dunno:

Not planning T-day :driver:

R-

Yeah! Great Weekend! :shocked: :redhat: :driver:

Awesome smooth dunes are the life. :thumb:

Nice little Saturday putt over to :driver: to find DDR peeps. :thumb:

Never made it to the Southpole. I've never even been there. :slap:

Never made it to Terry's camp, but got to chill with everyone at the hill. :rockwoot:

Always a blast putting the schmack down on some MUTHA :thumb: BITCHEZZZZ :slap:

Martin camped with us (or vice versa). He is way cool peeps. Always welcome bud :thumb:

DDDriver has some quick a$$ wit. Carefull tryin' to rag on this guy (Especially Grimace). :thumb:

Thanks to DDDriver, duece, Grimace, Fleaga, Ed, Art, Al, Biz, Ken and the ladies. and everyone else in our camp. Great trip. :thumb:

We had a potluck Saturday night. I was like,,,,WTF no food fight? :dunno: Killer Grubb

Concerned about my Gear-one axles, after seeing the guy who's broke on the hill. :laughoff:

Don't know how many of you guy saw the big 4seat v8 hit the VW car on the hill. Scarry. :thumb:

No one got hurt :thumb:

Anyways, Good to see everyone again, It may be a while for next time. :dunno:

Not planning T-day :rockwoot:

R-

Definitley nothing like smooth dunes. Wish you could have been on the inside of the camp Randy but thats what happens when Bonk tries to run things :loser: . How did you like those freaking jerks at the end of the camp that only Albert knew. Lit a fire 5' from to Art's fuel station and parked their trailor less than 10' feet from mine, and then had the nerve to blast Earth Angel out of the exterior speakers right into my window. :thumb: I was the first one in camp and I had to move. Parked next to Martin, who was a really cool guy. :thumb:. Nothing but good times from then on. :drinkbeer: Hopefully next time their will be more time for riding and less time for wind. :rockwoot:. All in all great trip though, it's almost impossible to not have a good time in Dumont. :laughing::watching::laughing: and do it all over again.

BTW found the South Pole.

Had a great time too bad i had to meet you guys while u were uprighting my rail.....Did anybody catch what my 5 year old daughter was doing when u guys pulled up????? Laughing yes we just rolled and she was laughing. i guess i did too much racing when my wife was preg. with her cause they were in the pits everynite. lolol

Definitley nothing like smooth dunes. Wish you could have been on the inside of the camp Randy but thats what happens when Bonk tries to run things :loser: . How did you like those freaking jerks at the end of the camp that only Albert knew. Lit a fire 5' from to Art's fuel station and parked their trailor less than 10' feet from mine, and then had the nerve to blast Earth Angel out of the exterior speakers right into my window. :shake: I was the first one in camp and I had to move. Parked next to Martin, who was a really cool guy. :blury:. Nothing but good times from then on. :dunno: Hopefully next time their will be more time for riding and less time for wind. :driver:. All in all great trip though, it's almost impossible to not have a good time in Dumont. :dunno::drinkbeer: :shocked2: and do it all over again.

BTW found the South Pole.

Dude no doubt, Hope someone lets us know if those guys get invited again. There are plenty of other spots we can camp. :shake: F*** that.

Great time though. :thumb:

The weekend went so fast. Seems like they all go so fast anymore.

Oh Well, guess we'll have to keep going often. :banghead: