Yamahas next step with Rhinos:

Ross and Alice

Neighbors all have new Rhinos, AND all for sale after the first trip. Every one of them.

The forums are full of Rhinos for sale from people that just bought them.

Neighbors say too tipsy, they or some in their groups rolled them.

Wife gave me the greenlite to get one,, but nahhh,, not yet. They just haven't bit me on the a$$ with interest.

We bought the early Raptor and the tipsyness and high vibration turned us off and we soon sold it.

Yamaha came out with a much improved model in the 700.

Wonder with the rash of fatals & roll overs across the country if they'll re-design the Rhino?

Polaris quickly came out with a wider more stable FI Ranger when the popularity took off. The early ones were tiny gardening trucks far more unstable than the Yamaha.

My guess, and pure dim witted guess is Yamaha will either drop the Rhino because all the accidents and fatals have to bring on litigation, or build a much more sturdy version, but not improve the existing model.

It's a slow to move, thick skulled company.

Every time we see a Suzuki Samurai head to the dunes with a novice family and no roll bar we see a bad incident coming.

Starting to get the same feeling with Rhinos.

Waddaya think?:

Edited by Ross and Alice

Neighbors all have new Rhinos, AND all for sale after the first trip. Every one of them.

Wife gave me the greenlite to get one,, but nahhh,, not yet. They just haven't bit me on the a$$ with interest.

We bought the early Raptor and the tipsyness and high vibration turned us off and we soon sold it.

Wonder with the rash of fatals & roll overs across the country if they'll re-design the Rhino?

Polaris quickly came out with a wider more stable FI Ranger when the popularity took off. The early ones were tiny gardening trucks far more unstable than the Yamaha.

My guess, and pure dim witted guess is Yamaha will either drop the Rhino because all the accidents and fatals have to bring on litigation, or build a much more sturdy version, but not improve the existing model.

Every time we see a Suzuki Samurai head to the dunes with a novice family and no roll bar we see a bad incident coming.

Waddaya think?:

pure speculation here

I don't think anything will be done with the rhino until the class-action lawsuit is finished.

They had the opportunity to improve it this year with the 700 efi, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

They probably don't want to improve on the current design, as that might be an admittance to sub-par design???

pure speculation here

I don't think anything will be done with the rhino until the class-action lawsuit is finished.

They had the opportunity to improve it this year with the 700 efi, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

They probably don't want to improve on the current design, as that might be an admittance to sub-par design???

I agree. I am also hearing rumblings of other manufacturers waiting to release side-by-sides for the same reason.

personally I dont see why. Like you said why not a samurai? Twice the power, only alittle heavier, street legal, and about 1/4 the cost for a nice one.

Like rhinos, ofcourse they all will roll over if over driven. They are for tooling around, not duning on the big hills.

personally I dont see why. Like you said why not a samurai? Twice the power, only alittle heavier, street legal, and about 1/4 the cost for a nice one.

Like rhinos, ofcourse they all will roll over if over driven. They are for tooling around, not duning on the big hills.

there are several people who have tricked out samauri's and they are definitely dunable, but not in stock form.

plus, there are a ton of mods that have to be done to the frame, suspension, wheels and tires, engine, tranny.. rollcage, harnesses, electrical......... :coocoo: then, you are talking WAY more than a stock rhino.

Waddaya think?:

The Rhino was designed to be farm equipment. If people decide to use them for other that what they are designed for, How can yamaha be held liable? Its MY FAULT, not yamahas that I take my rhino out in the sand dunes and side hill it etc. Why does everyone look to blame someone else for there stupidity? :coocoo:

The Rhino was designed to be farm equipment. If people decide to use them for other that what they are designed for, How can yamaha be held liable? Its MY FAULT, not yamahas that I take my rhino out in the sand dunes and side hill it etc. Why does everyone look to blame someone else for there stupidity? :thumb:

:coocoo:

exactly.

It is what our society has turned into, I'm stupid, so what's in it for me?????

edited for inappropriate content

Edited by dunefreak

I don't think I have ever seen a commercial of a rhino in the sand. I have seen them on a mountain road in the commercial. Like OGP said, that is not what they were meant for, but they sure are fun out there. Thanks for the ride Kenny.

there are several people who have tricked out samauri's and they are definitely dunable, but not in stock form.

plus, there are a ton of mods that have to be done to the frame, suspension, wheels and tires, engine, tranny.. rollcage, harnesses, electrical......... :coocoo: then, you are talking WAY more than a stock rhino.

i beg to differ.. zuki freak has built a fully capable rock crawling machine complete with frame mods blah blah blah blah blah on his samurai ( used to be My Samurai ) for well less than what a new rhino costs. Samurai's are very capable right out of the box... put a little more agressive tire on it spend a little cash on a tune up and some spring over axle perch's a little brake line extension and walla.. a very capable and happy machine.

As a matter of fact this reason is WHY he got it back.. He wanted to buy a rhino i told him if he bought a rhino i would no longer camp with him ( not really but whatever ) instead i gave him the samurai back. Much better than a rhino..

i beg to differ.. zuki freak has built a fully capable rock crawling machine complete with frame mods blah blah blah blah blah on his samurai ( used to be My Samurai ) for well less than what a new rhino costs. Samurai's are very capable right out of the box... put a little more agressive tire on it spend a little cash on a tune up and some spring over axle perch's a little brake line extension and walla.. a very capable and happy machine.

for less than 10 grand???

lift kit

motor mods

tranny mods

wheels and tires

frame mods

it starts adding up.....unless he did all the work himself, and shlepped on the parts, I can see it.

btw, rhino's in LA county are going for 10,200 otd

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

Samurai's come in a box? :yeah_whatever:

for less than 10 grand???

lift kit

motor mods

tranny mods

wheels and tires

frame mods

it starts adding up.....unless he did all the work himself, and shlepped on the parts, I can see it.

btw, rhino's in LA county are going for 10,200 otd

Stock RUnning samurai tub in good shape 3k tops

Spring over perch's 200 bucks ( yields about 3" of lift and enough for 31" tires )

Transfercase mods lower gears bout 500 bucks.

Frame mods WHAT frame mods???

Bolt in roll cage 800 bucks

Wheels and tires say what 1500 lots of variables.

With gears you need no motor mods

so your at what a whopping 6k in upgrades... far less than a rhino. Hell even if you had to earl schwab paint it your only lookin at a couple hundred for that.

If you source this out to someone to do all the work for you tack on another 1-2k in labor so your still lower than 10k. Samurai's are cheaper by far. Plus the 1.3 thats in them runs really well when tuned right.

Mine had a 1.6ltr fuel injected motor

T-case gears

Custom suspension

33" tires

and a whole sh*t load of other mods.. total put into it was about 15k

Figure by the time you buy the rhino 10,200 and start adding suspension parts exhausts paint seats roll cage blah blah blah you will be well over 15k..

For LESS money you can have a just as cabable street legal machine to get you to and from work or to and from the dunes and in between and look good while doing it.

normal_DSC00083.JPG

And yes he did 90% of the work himself. the other 10% were paid off in beer to buddies to help out. :D

Stock RUnning samurai tub in good shape 3k tops

Spring over perch's 200 bucks ( yields about 3" of lift and enough for 31" tires )

Transfercase mods lower gears bout 500 bucks.

Frame mods WHAT frame mods???

Bolt in roll cage 800 bucks

Wheels and tires say what 1500 lots of variables.

With gears you need no motor mods

so your at what a whopping 6k in upgrades... far less than a rhino. Hell even if you had to earl schwab paint it your only lookin at a couple hundred for that.

If you source this out to someone to do all the work for you tack on another 1-2k in labor so your still lower than 10k. Samurai's are cheaper by far. Plus the 1.3 thats in them runs really well when tuned right.

Mine had a 1.6ltr fuel injected motor

T-case gears

Custom suspension

33" tires

and a whole sh*t load of other mods.. total put into it was about 15k

Figure by the time you buy the rhino 10,200 and start adding suspension parts exhausts paint seats roll cage blah blah blah you will be well over 15k..

For LESS money you can have a just as cabable street legal machine to get you to and from work or to and from the dunes and in between and look good while doing it.

normal_DSC00083.JPG

And yes he did 90% of the work himself. the other 10% were paid off in beer to buddies to help out. :D

are we talking samurai`s :yeah_whatever: or rhinos I remember high school friends getting killed in those beacause roll overs or getting hit by a vehicle,, I rolled??? wait i did a half of a roll and it was my fault ,,not the rhinos!!!!anything will get you hurt now days right??????????????,,dont get me started!!!how many rhinos were out there at thanksgiving????? ya your right,, a fking lot!! Ross if your nieghbors are selling them send them my way!!! I have not seen or heard of many used rhinos for sale in the west!!!!so what the hell!!!the 700 will be in the rhino in 08!!! WOW.. not alot of difference in power but the easyness of fuel injection,,,I have only heard of 4 roll overs in three years!!! / /in the sand//and none none none were fatel!! the guy last year by rhodes ranch died in a rhino ,,did not have a seat belt on,,and his chest hit the steering wheel and died with a calasped lung,, let me say this again,,for how many rhinos that are out there,,I here of more sandrail crashes or quads crashes,,than rhinos,,,if you dont over drive it,,it should get ya to comp and back unless you run out of gas!! :laughing: and im not saying rhinos are not dangerous,,but I think anything can get you hurt :beerpint: even a pink elephant!!!!

Edited by rhino king

i have heard of a few fatal accidents... people getting ejected and then squashed by the roll cage... I have heard of people loosing fingers over them and the list goes on... i was just attempting to prove the guy wrong that you can get alot more vehicle for less cash and the vehicles sole purpose isnt farm equiptment. :D

i have heard of a few fatal accidents... people getting ejected and then squashed by the roll cage... I have heard of people loosing fingers over them and the list goes on... i was just attempting to prove the guy wrong that you can get alot more vehicle for less cash and the vehicles sole purpose isnt farm equiptment. :D

I know !!! what you meant,, :yeah_whatever:

But can you get a Samurai in the back of a longbed truck? :yeah_whatever:

I would really like to have a Rhino but I just can't afford one right now.

Here's an idea! Someone let me borrow their Rhino and I'll roll it and get in on the class action lawsuit and when it settles I'll buy you and me a new one. :laughing:

Edited by Don29palms

But can you get a Samurai in the back of a longbed truck? :laughoff:

I would really like to have a Rhino but I just can't afford one right now.

Here's an idea! Someone let me borrow their Rhino and I'll roll it and get in on the class action lawsuit and when it settles I'll buy you and me a new one. :woo_hoo:

:headbang1: :jester: :DDRrocks::laughoff:

my ranger won't fit in the back of my truck.... I have to trailer it.

btw @ four wheel parts in Fresno Ca, they had a Sammy that was all tricked out for sand play. the owner claimed to have dumped over 20 grand into it...........stereo, paint, interior, plus all the mods u listed ISBB, and a bunch more.

I see what you are saying about the 6-7 grand into a capable sammy, but, the thing is what, 10 yrs old....and suzuki autos aren't known for being the MOST reliable.....