UPDATE ON SMOKING BAN

Sincity_blondie

The statewide smoking ban will go into effect tomorrow, but not for every pub and tavern. A judge issued a temporary restraining order that applies only to a group of Clark County businesses that filed a lawsuit Tuesday.

Judge Douglas Herndon ruled in favor of a two-week temporary stop to the smoking ban. Another hearing is scheduled for the Dec. 19 to determine where to go next with the lawsuit.

The ban was supposed to go into effect tomorrow after voters passed Question 5 in November. But a group of Clark County bar owners argued that the law is vague and unconstitutional.

Read what people are saying & weigh in with your opinion.

Their attorneys claimed they are not clear on who would get cited if a patron were caught smoking. The state argued that the law is not vague and should be followed after the voters passed on it.

Today's ruling gives a temporary victory to the smokers in Southern Nevada.

The temporary restraining order is only effective in Clark County. The rest of the Nevada must comply with the smoking ban starting Dec. 8.

Join Channel 8 Eyewitness News at 4 & 5 for more on this temporary ruling.

GO TO LASVEGASNOW.COM for further info. Just thought this was something we have discussed on the board, so id bring an update. :yeah_whatever:

Whats everyone think about this???

Ill tell ya, im one who CANT WAIT for the ban to go into effect. It will be nice to be able to go into a bar and have some drinks without having to go home STINKING of someone elses nasty habit. :freakin_nuts:

when the smoking ban was put into place in CA, the same thing happened. Bar owers teamed up and defied the law

Certain restaurants, that I stopped frequenting, still allowed patrons, mostly out of state truckers(usally the places with the best burgers!!!) to still smoke, etc etc

however, after acouple of years, and the profits of the bars and restaurants staying the same, and even improving, 99% of all establishements now abide by the law

there are still some seedy dive bars that people will smoke in, but I don't know which ones, as I wouldn't be going there, due to smoke, and with a family, ijust don't make it to the bar scene anymore...

The statewide smoking ban will go into effect tomorrow, but not for every pub and tavern. A judge issued a temporary restraining order that applies only to a group of Clark County businesses that filed a lawsuit Tuesday.

I wonder which ones are and are not on the list......

This law is stupid - You are in a bar - So its alright to marinate your liver in booze but you cant smoke? And its supposed to be for the kids - If your a parent and have kids in a bar your a pin head anyways!

If I choose to marinate my liver, thats my business and not effecting anyone elses liver. Smokers nasty habits does however affect my health if I happen to be around.

Big difference!!! :laughoff:

If I choose to marinate my liver, thats my business and not effecting anyone elses liver. Smokers nasty habits does however affect my health if I happen to be around.

Big difference!!! :laughoff:

Yea it is - Cause its what you like to do.

Big difference!!! :slap:

if you don't like the smoking you and the rest of the tree huggin whiners can go to cali or start your own bar that doesn't alow it this is vegas and we like it just the way it is i'm certain u have personality flaws that other people don't like but are they attacking you i think not so get the f off your soap box and deal with it :laughoff:

smokers :laughoff::slap::laughoff:

The first thing I do whenever I get home from dinner at a bar is take all my clothes off outside and take a shower.I leave the clothes outside untill I do laundry.

It is so nasty and smokers dont give a sh*t.

pretty easy to assume people don't care how can you say that when you don't even know them :coocoo::idiot::slap:

smokers :laughoff::coocoo::idiot:

The first thing I do whenever I get home from dinner at a bar is take all my clothes off outside and take a shower.I leave the clothes outside untill I do laundry.

im with ya,,its a nasty habbit,,,but we do live in the u.s.a :slap: if they wana smoke,, smoke,,i smoke buds and eat brownies<<< :laughoff::slap:

smokers :laughoff::slap::laughoff:

Damn Bert, I didn't know you hated me so bad. Wow, pretty strong feelings huh? :coocoo:

Oh here we go everyone on here is going to think I hate them now.

Anybody thats wants to talk to me in person and have a honest discussion I'll explain why I hate the smokers I hate.

The type of person they are.

So Bert why do you hate us all? :(:laughoff::slap:

I'am a smoker, husband used to, I do NOT smoke in my house, around the kids or grandkids. I don't smoke in resturants etc. ect. it's my stench and I don't feel that others need to smell it or whould want to. but thats just me.

Edited by BALL-N-CHAIN

if you don't like the smoking you and the rest of the tree huggin whiners can go to cali or start your own bar that doesn't alow it this is vegas and we like it just the way it is i'm certain u have personality flaws that other people don't like but are they attacking you i think not so get the f off your soap box and deal with it :laughoff:

Ok here we go!!! :boxer:

1st of all a-hole im not a treehugger. And 2nd of all, Im not a fuggin soap box, I was simply giving an update on WHAT THE PEOPLE VOTED INTO LAW. If it wasnt a problem, and bothered people, IT WOULDNT OF BEEN VOTED INTO LAW. SO BACK OFF :coocoo:

Stacey whats it matter if they smoke hell smoke rises , towards the ceiling , ur 5 ft most people that smoke u come up to the chest , now quit your bitchin :idiot::slap::laughoff::slap: lol im over it

and as for you LITTLE BOY, if it was a matter of smoke rising, I wouldnt go home smelling like NASTY a$$ SMOKE anytime I choose to hang with friends and have a couple drinks. .

STICK TO THE DAMN SUBJECT FOR ONCE.

Sorry but im tired of the a holes whining about their fuggin rights to smoke where they want. YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO AFFECT MY HEALTH WITH YOUR ADDICTION.

Oh yeah, and dan, I know I have personality flaws, AS DOES EVERYONE, CAUSE NO ONE IS PERFECT!! And if you dont like my flaws, then you dont have to talk to me........

Ok here we go!!! :laughoff:

1st of all a-hole im not a treehugger. And 2nd of all, Im not a fuggin soap box, I was simply giving an update on WHAT THE PEOPLE VOTED INTO LAW. If it wasnt a problem, and bothered people, IT WOULDNT OF BEEN VOTED INTO LAW. SO BACK OFF :laughoff:

and as for you LITTLE BOY, if it was a matter of smoke rising, I wouldnt go home smelling like NASTY a$$ SMOKE anytime I choose to hang with friends and have a couple drinks. .

STICK TO THE DAMN SUBJECT FOR ONCE.

Sorry but im tired of the a holes whining about their fuggin rights to smoke where they want. YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO AFFECT MY HEALTH WITH YOUR ADDICTION.

Oh yeah, and dan, I know I have personality flaws, AS DOES EVERYONE, CAUSE NO ONE IS PERFECT!! And if you dont like my flaws, then you dont have to talk to me........

haha her a$$ hurts :slap:

Here is my 2 cents worth.

I too am a smoker, however I don't smoke in my house, in resturates, in bars or anywhere around people unless I am outside. When people come over to my house and we are playing darts or anything, if you smoke you go outside, out of curtsey to others. When I go to bars, like many of you, I come home change and shower. I don't like the smell if it either. I'm just addicted. A closet smoker so to speak.

So with that said, I don't really give a sh*t one way or another. But, I don't want to be sitting down having a kick a$$ prime rib dinner and the person behind puffing on a cig. or cigar. :laughoff:

Having a smoking section is kinda like having a peeing section in your pool.

SB you are NOT out of line.. Don't let these a hole piss you off. Peole who don't smoke shouldn't have in imposed upon them, EVER!

Edited by desertskyz