Sprint Internet air card

Kevlar

I just signed up for Sprints broadband internet. It comes with the card that slides into a slot on the side. It has an little antenna that folds up. I have cingular cell service and know you have to ride to the top of the hill to get any coverage. I have heard that Verison's coverage will work in the camp area but I havent heard anything about Sprint. I'm just wondering if I'll have any luck next weekend.

• 2 months later...

Every one in our camp switch to Verizon because it’s the only one that works at Dumont, They all had some one different and when my wife and I started going they where all surprised because we had cell service and they didn’t so they all switched. :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::flipoff:

I work for Sprint here in Vegas. Every time I have been to the dunes my phone has worked. I was there presidents day weekend using the internet and keeping up with work e-mails. I don't see there being any problem at all with using the connection card @ Dumont. If you have any Sprint related quesitons, please feel free to hit me up.

Frosty

I have had a compnay supplied sprint phone and comp card. My phone always worked good on a finger dune the higher the better. My card on the other hand, not so much I couldnt even get a signal. My company just recently switched to Verizon so I am hoping it will be all good from now on. I will find out on Sun. Good luck.

we have nextel. when we camp by bathroom #6 always get good service. :no_no:

Nextel seems to be hit and miss out there, but seems to be getting better over time . I get service all along that ridge where the rangers are, and actually able to answer a call at The north pole as well. But move two feet this way on that way, and no bueno. Gotta stand on one foot with a friggin roll of aluminum foil fashioned in the shape of bunny ears to get 1 or 2 bars. (see me if you need blue print for bunny ears. )

After all,........i am MGYVER. :ban-split:

Well i just got a sprint because all my family have sprint. So i went to dumont one weekend and i had service with my sprint phone every where except for on top of the hills for some odd reson :coocoo: but ya everyone in my family has sprint also and they get service right in camp i even went around with my cell to see where i didnt have service and on the flats it never went below 4 bars but up on the hill i didnt have any service. so sprint is working awsome for me hope it does the same with you.

Yeah go figure, I have Nextel, and they ARE SUPPOSED to be one company now right.. NOOOOOOOO

they dont even have the same service. anybody else have Sprint, and have as good as service out there? Also how is the wireless broadband on Sprint, at Dumont and anywhere. I now have Cingular wireless (not) broadband, and its at times WAY slower than a modem would be.