tire blew out

vegas450r

looks like agreat job on that fender can't see the repair :laughoff:

nice work!!!

thanks!

not bad for not having any body tools. just got out prpane torch, heated it up. got it pretty straight. then used a 2x4 and hammer to smooth it out.

used to work part time at a buddies garage doing body work, way back when. 1970,s

I second that on Carlisle tires, told my brother about them when he bought his hauler, a few months later he was leaving Vegas for Dumont and had a blowout. He called me to inform of the delay and I reminded him to check the other 3 and he found the tread separating on those so back to Vegas for 4 new tires. I'd say they were junk, but I'm not one to gossip. {;o)

no, they aren't Carlisle. they're freeways. That's what come on trailer when i got it at carson's trailer on boulder hwy.

I had another trailer for 3yrs, that i bought from carson's. never had a tire problem with them

These tires were rated at 1850 #'s at 50 psi. I just checked tire pressures about 3 weeks ago before my last trip.

no, they aren't Carlisle. they're freeways. That's what come on trailer when i got it at carson's trailer on boulder hwy.

I had another trailer for 3yrs, that i bought from carson's. never had a tire problem with them

These tires were rated at 1850 #'s at 50 psi. I just checked tire pressures about 3 weeks ago before my last trip.

E and F load range tires if you can, and check the pressure before each trip.

We sometimes replace the rim too after a catastropic failure.

• 8 months later...