HOW MUCH

OK so i got a question for everyone that has a sand rail.How much do they usally run.Ive heard some like outragous prices on some and i just wanted to find out if it is true or not.Ive seen some bad a$$ rails on here and i was just wondering what makes you chose a motor frames is it all preferance,price, or quality i guess just wondering thanks everyone!! :thumb:

The car can run anywhere from $5,000 TO $100,000 IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE CAR YOU WANT.

A standerd travel car if you are willing to most of the work and don't want any frills is about $5,000

I built my own long travel car with a small block chevy (not a ls engine ) with most of the goodies and all the best parts (well most of them skimp on the trans and it let me now) and I have about 45 grand in it.you can buy a good used car for around 40-50 .

it all depends on what you want the more travel and bigger the motor and the fancier the paint the more it will cost.

Speed cost money how fast do you want to GO

The car can run anywhere from $5,000 TO $100,000 IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE CAR YOU WANT.

A standerd travel car if you are willing to most of the work and don't want any frills is about $5,000

I built my own long travel car with a small block chevy (not a ls engine ) with most of the goodies and all the best parts (well most of them skimp on the trans and it let me now) and I have about 45 grand in it.you can buy a good used car for around 40-50 .

it all depends on what you want the more travel and bigger the motor and the fancier the paint the more it will cost.

It must just all be who wants to spend the money and how fast huh?? Well if you have a deep enough pocket ya know.I really dont no much about rails so i was just wondering.What is a really fast and strong motor.Ive heard the ls motors before but i was just wondering again is it all prefercane for speed and money or just what people perfer.

It must just all be who wants to spend the money and how fast huh?? Well if you have a deep enough pocket ya know.I really dont no much about rails so i was just wondering.What is a really fast and strong motor.Ive heard the ls motors before but i was just wondering again is it all prefercane for speed and money or just what people perfer.

graduate get a job then worry about it no offense but you are not ready for one the ls isn't the fastest thing on the sand and again no offense but you are not ready you don't even own your own ride

The car can run anywhere from $5,000 TO $125,000 IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE CAR YOU WANT.

you meant this much right.............................. :laughing:

the price is is just what you want to pay. the price tag can be more than $250,000 the sky is the limit how much stuff do you want??????????????? most people don't need all the things they put on a rail but it looks cool when you siting at the bottom of comp getting looks (see I'm the jones) keep up with me. I don't have that deep of a pocket uncle sams in mine all the time.

graduate get a job then worry about it no offense but you are not ready for one the ls isn't the fastest thing on the sand and again no offense but you are not ready you don't even own your own ride

No no i just wanted to see how much they cost i dont wanna rail i wanna ride in one some day but i was just wondering whats the price ranges and what people look for when there building or buying one

in that case they range from basically 5 grand for a runaround vw powered limited suspension to well over 100 grand for a t*ts lt rail with an ls motor the subies make good hp and are a little better on gas mileage it all becomes a personal preference but a descent mid level lt car runs about 45k of course there will be some people that may disagree with this but it is just my opinion after researching and buying mine and if you play your cards right someone on here might just give you that ride you want

Edited by dman74

in that case they range from basically 5 grand for a runaround vw powered limited suspension to well over 100 grand for a t*ts lt rail with an ls motor the subies make good hp and are a little better on gas mileage it all becomes a personal preference but a descent mid level lt car runs about 45k of course there will be some people that may disagree with this but it is just my opinion after researching and buying mine and if you play your cards right someone on here might just give you that ride you want

Ya well i dont evan know if i can ride yet.Im going to the doctors on tuesday to see how my shoulder is then that will determine if im going to dumont the weekend before prez day. Then prez day weekend im going to amargosa

That thing is :think: hidious. :grad: It's been at the SSSS for two years in a row now. Everytime I walked past the booth where that car was I had a little throwup im my mouth. :flipoff:

You gotta look past the X-3 and look at the Elite page 2 (250k one), he just finished that one this year, a little gawdy for my taste but without all the bling it would be a nice car.

You gotta look past the X-3 and look at the Elite page 2 (250k one), he just finished that one this year, a little gawdy for my taste but without all the bling it would be a nice car.

This one?

post-9452-1154150212_thumb.jpg

^ That one is pretty sweet. Elite builds some nice a$$ cars......

but these are just :flipoff: ...

post-3271-1153929303_thumb.jpg

post-11474-1153766500_thumb.jpg

post-11474-1153763177.jpg

WTF was going through someones head when they built those cars?

I know. It must have been:

"I have a whole bunch of money I want to throw away!"

Or could it have been:

"Fo shizzle ma nizzle! I gots the mostest bling bling rail in the hood!" :loser:

Either way :DDRrocks::beercheers:

If I had that kind of cash I still wouldn't build somthing that gawdy, I'd just put a albins in my car and be happy, maybe some bypasses in the rear also. Some people just love the BLING factor, but is the car really capable and can they really drive the car to the limits? I know I'm rambing but it's after superbowl and I've had ALOT to drink..... :beercheers: So what I'm trying to say is who cares what it costs as long as we're having fun thats all that matters.

Edited by painterjoe