Toyhauler shopping

EY3BA11

Can't go wrong with the WW. plus you'll get better resale value then most. Just saw Sean tonight, looking at the 32FSW. Stick with your 75% rule, one I my friends jack-knifed her fs2300 behind her Sequioa on the 127 about 5 miles for Dumont turnoff. Too much weight.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have owned the sx1800 for about 8 months now and just got back from our 7th trip(2 included dumont) and I am more than happy with it. I easily fit 2 quads and 2 dirt bikes with room to spare. Keep in mind this trailer is 20 feet long with 14 feet of cargo space to the first cabinet so if you are clever you can fit quite a bit. I shopped around for about 4 months before I bought it and found one up by Chico, Ca for 14,500 otd(minus ac and generator). The trailer in nice and light and has the ability to carry a lot of weight. You will be more than happy, but I would shop around for a better price.

I have owned the sx1800 for about 8 months now and just got back from our 7th trip(2 included dumont) and I am more than happy with it. I easily fit 2 quads and 2 dirt bikes with room to spare. Keep in mind this trailer is 20 feet long with 14 feet of cargo space to the first cabinet so if you are clever you can fit quite a bit. I shopped around for about 4 months before I bought it and found one up by Chico, Ca for 14,500 otd(minus ac and generator). The trailer in nice and light and has the ability to carry a lot of weight. You will be more than happy, but I would shop around for a better price.

14' to the first cabinet??? you sure i was told 10' to the cabinet and 14 if you used the kitchen.??

14' to the first cabinet??? you sure i was told 10' to the cabinet and 14 if you used the kitchen.??

Right, 10 to the refridge. But that still leaves enough for a quad to be ridden in to the kitchen. so about 4 more feet that is about 60 inches wide.

Thats the other problem Don... Livin in the city not everyone has RV parking availible on their lot.. So i have to go find a Lot with decent rates... to be able to store the trailer.. I want to get all my ducks in a row before i go drop a sh*tload of cash.. The wife thinks we should buy used but im pushing for new... Cuz there is nothing like the smell of a new toyhauler. :D

Thats the other problem Don... Livin in the city not everyone has RV parking availible on their lot.. So i have to go find a Lot with decent rates... to be able to store the trailer.. I want to get all my ducks in a row before i go drop a sh*tload of cash.. The wife thinks we should buy used but im pushing for new... Cuz there is nothing like the smell of a new toyhauler. :D

Yes, that's true, BUT I think there are some definate advantages to buying "previously owned" haulers. #1 being that all the little quirks have already been worked out 'cause it doesn't matter who makes it, there ALWAYS seems to be something not working properly. As long as it was well maintained, there is nothing wrong with buying it used, and could save some good $$$ along the way, maybe even enough to buy the wife her own quad! :D

Thank You, I'm done for now. :bump:

If i can come across a decent 18 19ft box equipped the way i want it then ya why not... but alot of the older 19 footers are just has heavy as a 21-23 footer due to the materials they use... I am not opposed to buying used but would rather prefer new as i can scratch the deal if the weight is too much and not be stuck with a T/H that i cannot tow safely.

• 2 weeks later...

just doing some price comparisons lately... Found a carson i liked 20'er with a few options air 2 gouchos the usual toyhauler.. Called and asked and the guy told me 20k :beercheers: Almost crapped myself.. Dont ge me wrong its just me and the wife and we dont need anything fancy... hell she doesnt even have a bike she is more than happy just to come out relax and hang in the trailer... So i called up shawn over at Giant RV and shot the sh*t with him for a while and a SuperCross 18'er double gouchos' air stab jacks radio fuel station blah blah blah... retailed for 20 told me he could do right at 18OTD!!! this is for a Weekend Warrior mind you... After talking some more about towing with teh armada we decided on adding the Equalizer hitch and Dual Cam sway control cuz we all know how well SUVVVV"s tow. Total price out the door give or take a few bucks was 19k That included them setting up the hitch for me and everything to drive off the lot.. Still cheaper than a damn CARSON! I know when it comes time to buy and the wife says OKAAAAY (hopefully she says that soon) Ill be draggin me one of them Superlight SuperCross Models. :D

The Carson Fun Runner over here run $18k for a 24ft. and the 21ft runs $10k I think. I almost bought one before I bought the one I have. I worked a deal out on a 26ft for $16k if I remember.

i was at the carson north on las vegas blvd. yesterday and they had several haulers on sale new 05 06 good prices.

im looking also but im going to wait for middle of the summer. think i can get a great deal in the middle of the off season. I want a 20' ultra light new or used.

i was at the carson north on las vegas blvd. yesterday and they had several haulers on sale new 05 06 good prices.

im looking also but im going to wait for middle of the summer. think i can get a great deal in the middle of the off season. I want a 20' ultra light new or used.

Really iwas out there a couple months back and there inventory was low or seemed to be :beercheers:

My uncle bought a weekend warrior 19 ft superlite 4 months ago , first week fuel staion stoppe d working , running lights shorted out , and the bunk bed bracket pulled out of the wall . I know sh*t happens but for 27,000 dollars and weekend warriors supposed top of the line reputaion i find these things un acceptable . And by the way when we took it in for warranty work at the upland ca. location there were 40 + other new trailers there with warranty issues . . I was sold on carsons flat pricing and was ready to purchase a 20ft. but at the last minute i got a deal for a 22ft gearbox i couldnt turn down. Super happy with my gearbox ,although i am pushing it fully loaded with my doublecab tundra .

My uncle bought a weekend warrior 19 ft superlite 4 months ago , first week fuel staion stoppe d working , running lights shorted out , and the bunk bed bracket pulled out of the wall . I know sh*t happens but for 27,000 dollars and weekend warriors supposed top of the line reputaion i find these things un acceptable . And by the way when we took it in for warranty work at the upland ca. location there were 40 + other new trailers there with warranty issues . . I was sold on carsons flat pricing and was ready to purchase a 20ft. but at the last minute i got a deal for a 22ft gearbox i couldnt turn down. Super happy with my gearbox ,although i am pushing it fully loaded with my doublecab tundra .

I just bought a 07 21 foot weekend warrior superlite here in vegas and found the total opposite info ,from a relative (thats why i bought a ww, employee cost) but there service has alot of warranty issues with gearbox and few with ww, also checked other places around town but i think wheelers is only ww dealer in vegas,I actually seen a couple gearboxes there thta the interior was falling apart, suprising because fleetwood usually has a nice product

Forgot to add one thing the dealer did tell me to mount another mount bracket for each couch to hold up after folded, with only one is does pull out on some of them..

Edited by OFFROADRACER