Toyhauler shopping

EY3BA11

just doing some price comparisons lately... Found a carson i liked 20'er with a few options air 2 gouchos the usual toyhauler.. Called and asked and the guy told me 20k :beercheers: Almost crapped myself.. Dont ge me wrong its just me and the wife and we dont need anything fancy... hell she doesnt even have a bike she is more than happy just to come out relax and hang in the trailer... So i called up shawn over at Giant RV and shot the sh*t with him for a while and a SuperCross 18'er double gouchos' air stab jacks radio fuel station blah blah blah... retailed for 20 told me he could do right at 18OTD!!! this is for a Weekend Warrior mind you... After talking some more about towing with teh armada we decided on adding the Equalizer hitch and Dual Cam sway control cuz we all know how well SUVVVV"s tow. Total price out the door give or take a few bucks was 19k That included them setting up the hitch for me and everything to drive off the lot.. Still cheaper than a damn CARSON! I know when it comes time to buy and the wife says OKAAAAY (hopefully she says that soon) Ill be draggin me one of them Superlight SuperCross Models. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:beercheers: So you like what I said in the other thread? :DDRrocks:http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...ost&p=52437

but seriously...

That sounds like a damn good deal. Got any pics or link for that trailer?

Even though thats a really good deal, if I were you I'd start off real cheap. Kinda like what Angela & Pauly just bought...that's if you can find another deal like that.

Just tow at your own risk! Keep that badboy SUV under 55! :laughoff::blury::banghead:

:beercheers: So you like what I said in the other thread? :DDRrocks:http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...ost&p=52437

but seriously...

That sounds like a damn good deal. Got any pics or link for that trailer?

Even though thats a really good deal, if I were you I'd start off real cheap. Kinda like what Angela & Pauly just bought...that's if you can find another deal like that.

Just tow at your own risk! Keep that badboy SUV under 55! :laughoff::blury::banghead:

I didnt even see the other thread till you pointed that out.. Pretty damn funny.. LOL :D

Link to the Photo gallery for the SX this is the Front Kitchen model..

http://www.a1warriortrailers.com/SX/sx-gallery.htm

I would get the Front Bath..

sa1800-header.jpg

if there is one thing I can tell you about toy haulers, is go as big as you can first. Space starts disappearing FAST.

that 18, you can fit maybe 2-3 dirtbikes, or 1, MAYBE two quads, depending on size

I know I'm hurtin for space right now with my 19 ft

and what SCB says, go used to get the best value. the mattresses (which all suck anyway) can b changed out, and whatever else, with all the money you save, you can fill up the rest of the toy hauler.

good luck

try rvtrader.com

and rvtraderonline.com

and I know you are on glamisdunes, where I have seen some sik deals over there, but they don't last too long, so have your finances in order BEFORE you go shopping

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

are you looking to buy brand new?? When and if I buy another one, Ill definately buy used. Seems like you get a much better deal. I paid ALOT for mine, and always sucks to hear something with more hauler than me getting it cheaper.

:beercheers:

Stacy the hauler in mind is a Supercross 18'er pretty much minimum necesities.. 2 burner stove (how often do you use the stove when you have a pizza cooker anyhow), smaller fridge, heat air, dual gaucho's, drop down bunk, fiberglass sides and the other usual toyhauler amenities..

Honestly if i thought i could pull a 25'er SAFELY i would be all over it. Im playing the 75% of max towing capacity rule. I want to stay @ or below 75% of what Nissan says the armada is capable of which is 9k lbs. Some places list dry weight for this one under 4k but realistically your looking at 5k empty... by the time you get water and toys loaded up your looking at 7k worth of stuff.. which puts me right in the 75% range. or just a hair over. somewhere just shy of 7000lbs im figuring. Which is below my tow rating on my armada. With the taller gears tranny cooler and Anti-Sway i should be just fine with a 18' hauler. :D Which is just the right size for me and the wife and 1 bike maybe 2 down the road.

if there is one thing I can tell you about toy haulers, is go as big as you can first. Space starts disappearing FAST.

:DDRrocks: Not with an Armada! :laughoff::banghead:

He only has 1 dirtbike and maybe plans for one quad for him or his wife. That thing looks perfect for him. :beercheers:

yeah i would say 20k for a carson is way to much our 03 18ft was :think: 11500 got rid of it for 9500 not bad for 3 years use . 18 fts work great for at least 2 quads etc. we'd still have it but i quote ( nobody take this the wrong way :worthless_without_pics: but accidents do happen :ninja: and need or want extra room for a little one ) .

but the way that sx is designed it appears to have decent space for moving around . good luck in the search and giantrv did us right.

i recently saw an armada pass me doing 80+ pulling the 25ft WW superlite that i want to pull behind my yukon xl. he had an equalizer set up and that a$$ end was not squated at all and yes it had quads inside i could see em right through the windows

Armadas with the big tow option have an autoleveling rear end.. or auto airbags as well as tall gears and big cooler... Yes people have towed a 25' Front sleeper but it isnt safe by any means and would put them well over weight. All i need is enough room for my bike, possibly a quad and the wife to relax and do her homework if she so chooses. :D

just doing some price comparisons lately... Found a carson i liked 20'er with a few options air 2 gouchos the usual toyhauler.. Called and asked and the guy told me 20k :worthless_without_pics: Almost crapped myself.. Dont ge me wrong its just me and the wife and we dont need anything fancy... hell she doesnt even have a bike she is more than happy just to come out relax and hang in the trailer... So i called up shawn over at Giant RV and shot the sh*t with him for a while and a SuperCross 18'er double gouchos' air stab jacks radio fuel station blah blah blah... retailed for 20 told me he could do right at 18OTD!!! this is for a Weekend Warrior mind you... After talking some more about towing with teh armada we decided on adding the Equalizer hitch and Dual Cam sway control cuz we all know how well SUVVVV"s tow. Total price out the door give or take a few bucks was 19k That included them setting up the hitch for me and everything to drive off the lot.. Still cheaper than a damn CARSON! I know when it comes time to buy and the wife says OKAAAAY (hopefully she says that soon) Ill be draggin me one of them Superlight SuperCross Models. :D

nick, go with the weekend warrior. i have owned a carson, nothing wrong with them, but 20k is insane. we just bought our next level from giant rv./shawn. i wonder if it is the same guy? his name is shawn stone. anyway, go with the ww, you will be much happier. just my :think: tyler

when we were buying our 25 sl frt sleeper we were stoked it's weight was 4500 lbs till we got to cali and i asked our salesman what it really truly was and he said 6500 lbs :worthless_without_pics: im like are you sure i can pull that with my halfton after its loaded with the bikes and all. hes like sure no prob we wont let h2's or tahoe's leave with it though :ninja: needless to say it towed fine but going to duck creek thru cedar was a task. :think:

post-638-1170906040.jpg

Yeah, Well she'll be stoked on the shower and toilet.

That set up is much better then Carson.

The quality is better also. Carson does strange things when they build theres and use uncommon wheels and parts. I found out the hard way.

Good luck!!! :worthless_without_pics:

when did you put the crack smoker up on the emoticon list Pete?

today :worthless_without_pics: Ya like that one?

i recently saw an armada pass me doing 80+ pulling the 25ft WW superlite that i want to pull behind my yukon xl. he had an equalizer set up and that a$$ end was not squated at all and yes it had quads inside i could see em right through the windows

:think::ninja::bawl::grin::bawl::laughoff:

Where was this? I'm staying away from that freeway! :laughoff::laughoff:

The good guy shawn is Shawn Zang of Giant RV in Montclair. :D

Shawn's cool and he's honest. He told us NO on the 5th wheel, when everyone else was telling us YES. We ended up with the Raptor (liked the local dealer), but would recommend anyone to Shawn.

:headbang1:

Yeah, Well she'll be stoked on the shower and toilet.

That set up is much better then Carson.

The quality is better also. Carson does strange things when they build theres and use uncommon wheels and parts. I found out the hard way.

Good luck!!! :headbang1:

Before we bought our 2nd Tahoe, we checked out the Carson 'booth' at a RV show at Cashman. Quite frankly we were not the least bit impressed!

hey Nick

if you haven't yet you might want to go look inside the SXFB you have a bigger bath room. that was the one thing that made me get the FB1900 over the FK1900. and the wife like the more counter space the FB had. the only thing that i don't like about the FB1900 is, it only has a very little storage box.

good luck.. spooner55