Does anyone Geocaching

barneycar

As I under stand it there are lots of these things all over the world and you go find them and put some thing in them to mark it and then go on line and post that you found it and on what date. there is one in the little dunes at Dumont. Has anyone found it ?

Edited by barneycar

Jeep actually does some of that stuff, my buddy used to do it all the time, he would get the #s off of a website and then try to find it, and if you did find it, you would take it and replace it with something else.

Jeep used to have these little toy jeeps that they put in places, well if you got the jeep, you could read the #s on it and send it to Jeep with the coordinates and they would send you between $200.00 to $500.00.

i have a garmin rhino 120, but i just use it to map out stuff and get elevations.

Ive had to recover stuff/things kinda like that, but haven't gotten into the Geocache thing. Sounds like it could be fun though, have some friends that do it, not around here. I was thinking of trying it sometime myself.....SF Woody

I was really into a couple of years ago and got bored with the easy ones, just drive up get out of truck and there it was. A friend and I got to putting them out for just each other and we had to use quads, no trucks allowed. After he wrecked his quad and we both used up a buttload of fuel we gave up on that and put out a quad cache called Juevos on the web, only one guy found it in 2 years so we pulled that off the web. Its alot of fun and the wife and I found all of them at Dumont last year. I use my gps for geocaching, hunting, and I always carry it when in the Rhino or on quads here and in Utah.

http://www.geocaching.com/