Tax dollars hard at work.

painterjoe

i have been virtually quiet through this whole thing, and i have spoken with Steve (donutz&dunz) (spelling). but either way, let me say this.

judge not ye be judged, in other words, please do me a favor, attempt to walk a mile in "their" shoes, as a prior LEO myself, and a trainer for law enforcement for several years, working as either a Military Police Officer, or in my prior Civilian occupation as Dept of Defence Police officer, you deal with all kinds of people, some LEO's can understand it and they are able to be like Steve, and "adjust fire" when facing either a "Turd" or a "Good Person". It seems that he has the right idea, and would rather give a verbal warning or a written warning, rather that write a ticket. I was that kind of cop, if i were to pull someone over for speeding.....well your attitude determined your ticket. I have written up to 9 tickets on one person....yeah i was being a D*ck, but so was he. So you do need to understand that its not just you that he is dealing with, its everyone, his department, his cheif, leuitenant, and 80,000 duners that most likley hate rangers. so understand his fustrations.

Cole

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been virtually quiet through this whole thing, and i have spoken with Steve (donutz&dunz) (spelling). but either way, let me say this.

judge not ye be judged, in other words, please do me a favor, attempt to walk a mile in "their" shoes, as a prior LEO myself, and a trainer for law enforcement for several years, working as either a Military Police Officer, or in my prior Civilian occupation as Dept of Defence Police officer, you deal with all kinds of people, some LEO's can understand it and they are able to be like Steve, and "adjust fire" when facing either a "Turd" or a "Good Person". It seems that he has the right idea, and would rather give a verbal warning or a written warning, rather that write a ticket. I was that kind of cop, if i were to pull someone over for speeding.....well your attitude determined your ticket. I have written up to 9 tickets on one person....yeah i was being a D*ck, but so was he. So you do need to understand that its not just you that he is dealing with, its everyone, his department, his cheif, leuitenant, and 80,000 duners that most likley hate rangers. so understand his fustrations.

Cole

Well said :DDRrocks:

:mischevious: donutz&dunz :mischevious: I applaude you and all LEO for their hard work. I would rather see you out there without a flag then not out there at all. Next time if you dont have a flag with you I will give you one.

By the way "old time cops" (old school) also got to kick some serious !@#$ when people fronted them off and broke laws. Maybe the "new punks" have attitudes because of all the BS they get from the media and !@#$:mischevious: babies complaining about the way they do their jobs. They have to take more @#$ and be more courteous to the a-holes they contact unlike the "old timers" who just got to kick their #$%. People want the cops to do there jobs, but dont want to see how its done. 90% of people who get arrested and get cited deserve it. Yeah there is the 10% of people who get some BS ticket for something most LEO would not cite them for, but they probably pissed off the cop. There are bad apples and dorks in law enforcement as in all work places and professions and donutz&dunz you are NOT one of them. Way to step up to the plate.

:mischevious:

“WOW!” Flags have been controversial throughout world history, but I never thought that not displaying a flag would bring about so much controversy.

I’m not posting this because I am offended or upset by what has been said. I have heard what everyone has had to say so now I would like a turn. And I honestly say this with a humble heart and without malice. I have a good sense of humor and working this long in law enforcement I have gotten use to being hated.

I am the NOVICE, poor excuse for an LEO that was riding the Yamaha. I liked those two. Oh wait, “turds” made me laugh too.

I have been visiting both Glamis and Dumont Dunes and riding MX since the 1970’s, I was born in the 1970’s. Although I have slacked off the MX because it got pretty $$$$$ I still compete in sport / expert level mountain biking.

Yes you’re right I was wrong for not having a flag on my motorcycle and you have a right to be upset. It’s not a matter of weather I believe I am above the law or that it doesn’t apply to me.

I personally have been stopped and issued a ticket for not having a flag on two separate occasions in the past both at Dumont and Glamis. I never I.D.’d myself as a law enforcement officer. I just took my ticket and paid my fine. On both occasions the LEO that stopped me was a complete JERK. This brings me to the reason why I chose to work this assignment. I feel that everyone is out there to have a good time, yes even us. What I’ve seen in the past was a couple LEO’s who had no background what so ever in offroading treating people, “such as myself” like criminals just because we like to make a lot of noise and a little dust. I am not talking about any one agency in particular it seemed like it was that way across the board. Glamis was really bad although the crowd was a lot worse there too and maybe the cops there need to be. Dumont is more family oriented and I try to be fair but firm when I need to be. I have had friends and family members who have been issued tickets also and I have to listen to them complain as well. Considering how dangerous this sport is if you make it through a holiday weekend at either Dumont or Glamis and the worst thing that happened was you received a ticket then I’d say you don’t have much to complain about. Just ask the 9 airlifted out or LuggNuttz who will never get to see his cousin again. I will say I personally have never been rude to anyone ever, who was not rude to me first.

The Sheriffs Department OHV team is currently comprised of Regular Deputies as well as Reserve Deputies who volunteer their time. I have been a part of the team for 2-3 yrs now and I can honestly say I have never written an actual citation for any violation I have seen out there. I have written A LOT of warning citations which does not require a court date or fine to be paid. I feel that’s all most people need and they will comply, although I know a lot of my partners feel differently which is why I’m out there, to try to balance them out.

I did not get paid for the 1 hr I was out there taking a break from the 9 airlifted and 1 fatality that we were dealing with not to mention all the stuff I over looked, “There’s a bunch of you who know who and what I’m talking about.” I left my uniform and radio on so that if something did occur I would be able to respond, all be it more quickly on my bike. Have you seen those quads we ride???

Back to the fatality, I hope the family is doing well considering their loss. All the, “So called paid professionals” were tied up on other injuries and the resources for medical aid was pretty well tapped. When my partner arrived on scene he began assisting with CPR. Now if we really took our power too seriously as you all think we would have all civilians back away from the scene. Instead we know there is a lot of off duty firemen, nurses, EMT’s, etc out there who jump in without hesitation to assist and we love those guys/girls for it. We REALLY APPRECIATE your help. I specialize in things such as gangs and narcotics not medical aid, so if you see me standing around with my hands in my pockets it’s because I’m just staying out of their way.

Now I thought that most would appreciate seeing the cops out there having a good time with them rather than impeding on your fun. But if you would rather have me out there working non stop enforcing the laws then the people have spoken and you have made it clear I work for you….Taxes….Most of us feel we are there to manage your fun not control it and to be there when you need us. If you feel that is unprofessional then your voice has been heard and I assure you, you will see a more professional organization in the future.

I know the guys we were racing were enjoying rocking us when their 450’s would smoke past my 250, “It’s all good.” I’ll have a 450 next time guys and yes it will have a flag and I wont by wearing an extra 30 lbs of equipment.

I must say this since everyone was so concerned about me being paid. If I am off duty at 2:00 a.m. (not getting paid), why is it O.K. for people to come knocking at the door of my personal trailer at 4:00-6:00 a.m.????? Should I get paid for that and if so, how much?

As several of you have said we are human and make mistakes. I was curious, how many of you obeyed the 55mph speed limit while pulling your 40’ trailers out there. See what I mean. I’m not going to apologize because I don’t think that’s what you are looking for here. But I will say you will not see that from me or anyone else on my team again. I will be out racing again without uniform look for that KX450 with a flag and I’ll meet you at the bottom of the hill for some good Old fashion racing.

First of all I would like to say that I think you all do a great job. My husband got a ticket from the Ranger for Fireworks. The Ranger waited until it was finished then he came over and talked to my husband, he wrote him a $75.00 ticket. I really enjoy going to Dumont. I see lots of stuff going on there sometimes hoping that LEO's would bust some ignorant parents not watching there children. Thanks for all you do :mischevious:

“WOW!” Flags have been controversial throughout world history, but I never thought that not displaying a flag would bring about so much controversy.

I’m not posting this because I am offended or upset by what has been said. I have heard what everyone has had to say so now I would like a turn. And I honestly say this with a humble heart and without malice. I have a good sense of humor and working this long in law enforcement I have gotten use to being hated.

I am the NOVICE, poor excuse for an LEO that was riding the Yamaha. I liked those two. Oh wait, “turds” made me laugh too.

I have been visiting both Glamis and Dumont Dunes and riding MX since the 1970’s, I was born in the 1970’s. Although I have slacked off the MX because it got pretty $$$$$ I still compete in sport / expert level mountain biking.

Yes you’re right I was wrong for not having a flag on my motorcycle and you have a right to be upset. It’s not a matter of weather I believe I am above the law or that it doesn’t apply to me.

I personally have been stopped and issued a ticket for not having a flag on two separate occasions in the past both at Dumont and Glamis. I never I.D.’d myself as a law enforcement officer. I just took my ticket and paid my fine. On both occasions the LEO that stopped me was a complete JERK. This brings me to the reason why I chose to work this assignment. I feel that everyone is out there to have a good time, yes even us. What I’ve seen in the past was a couple LEO’s who had no background what so ever in offroading treating people, “such as myself” like criminals just because we like to make a lot of noise and a little dust. I am not talking about any one agency in particular it seemed like it was that way across the board. Glamis was really bad although the crowd was a lot worse there too and maybe the cops there need to be. Dumont is more family oriented and I try to be fair but firm when I need to be. I have had friends and family members who have been issued tickets also and I have to listen to them complain as well. Considering how dangerous this sport is if you make it through a holiday weekend at either Dumont or Glamis and the worst thing that happened was you received a ticket then I’d say you don’t have much to complain about. Just ask the 9 airlifted out or LuggNuttz who will never get to see his cousin again. I will say I personally have never been rude to anyone ever, who was not rude to me first.

The Sheriffs Department OHV team is currently comprised of Regular Deputies as well as Reserve Deputies who volunteer their time. I have been a part of the team for 2-3 yrs now and I can honestly say I have never written an actual citation for any violation I have seen out there. I have written A LOT of warning citations which does not require a court date or fine to be paid. I feel that’s all most people need and they will comply, although I know a lot of my partners feel differently which is why I’m out there, to try to balance them out.

I did not get paid for the 1 hr I was out there taking a break from the 9 airlifted and 1 fatality that we were dealing with not to mention all the stuff I over looked, “There’s a bunch of you who know who and what I’m talking about.” I left my uniform and radio on so that if something did occur I would be able to respond, all be it more quickly on my bike. Have you seen those quads we ride???

Back to the fatality, I hope the family is doing well considering their loss. All the, “So called paid professionals” were tied up on other injuries and the resources for medical aid was pretty well tapped. When my partner arrived on scene he began assisting with CPR. Now if we really took our power too seriously as you all think we would have all civilians back away from the scene. Instead we know there is a lot of off duty firemen, nurses, EMT’s, etc out there who jump in without hesitation to assist and we love those guys/girls for it. We REALLY APPRECIATE your help. I specialize in things such as gangs and narcotics not medical aid, so if you see me standing around with my hands in my pockets it’s because I’m just staying out of their way.

Now I thought that most would appreciate seeing the cops out there having a good time with them rather than impeding on your fun. But if you would rather have me out there working non stop enforcing the laws then the people have spoken and you have made it clear I work for you….Taxes….Most of us feel we are there to manage your fun not control it and to be there when you need us. If you feel that is unprofessional then your voice has been heard and I assure you, you will see a more professional organization in the future.

I know the guys we were racing were enjoying rocking us when their 450’s would smoke past my 250, “It’s all good.” I’ll have a 450 next time guys and yes it will have a flag and I wont by wearing an extra 30 lbs of equipment.

I must say this since everyone was so concerned about me being paid. If I am off duty at 2:00 a.m. (not getting paid), why is it O.K. for people to come knocking at the door of my personal trailer at 4:00-6:00 a.m.????? Should I get paid for that and if so, how much?

As several of you have said we are human and make mistakes. I was curious, how many of you obeyed the 55mph speed limit while pulling your 40’ trailers out there. See what I mean. I’m not going to apologize because I don’t think that’s what you are looking for here. But I will say you will not see that from me or anyone else on my team again. I will be out racing again without uniform look for that KX450 with a flag and I’ll meet you at the bottom of the hill for some good Old fashion racing.

I just want to say thanks! :mischevious: I also work in Law Enforcement. Some people forget all the aftermath that law enforcement has to see and deal with. Then they wonder why some people are strict. Firm and fair is always the best policy. Work hard play hard!! :mischevious: I have been to Dumont only a few times with my friends and perfer it anyday over Glamis. We have yet to have a bad experience with law enforcement or people. Maybe we have just been lucky. But all I have ever seen is you guys busting your hump helping out lots of people. Keep up the good work! I also have a flag for you!

.....well your attitude determined your ticket.

Not to stir it up, but I gotta ask.....Does your current mood also have a play in here? If you write tickets according to attitude yours has to have some "weight" in it somewhere. :mischevious:

IMHO. I always thought justice was blind...and so it should be enforced that way. Perhaps I see things too black & white when it comes to enforcement. :mischevious:

:mischevious: donutz&dunz :mischevious: I applaude you and all LEO for their hard work. I would rather see you out there without a flag then not out there at all. Next time if you dont have a flag with you I will give you one.

By the way "old time cops" (old school) also got to kick some serious !@#$ when people fronted them off and broke laws. Maybe the "new punks" have attitudes because of all the BS they get from the media and !@#$:grin: babies complaining about the way they do their jobs. They have to take more @#$ and be more courteous to the a-holes they contact unlike the "old timers" who just got to kick their #$%. People want the cops to do there jobs, but dont want to see how its done. 90% of people who get arrested and get cited deserve it. Yeah there is the 10% of people who get some BS ticket for something most LEO would not cite them for, but they probably pissed off the cop. There are bad apples and dorks in law enforcement as in all work places and professions and donutz&dunz you are NOT one of them. Way to step up to the plate.

So if you piss of the pizza guy he gets to spit in your food and its ok? Just curious where the line gets drawn in the sand :mischevious:

...a Hollywood mantra that has been quoted before reference the Marine Corps is appropriate given the career of a police officer, and subsequently, applies to all the cop haters in da forum;

"I DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR THE INCLINATION TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO SOMEONE WHO SLEEPS UNDER THE VERY BLANKET OF FREEDOM I PROVIDE, AND THEN QUESTION THE MANNER IN WHICH I PROVIDE IT. I'D JUST PREFER YOU'D SAY THANK YOU." - COL. NATHAN JESOP

:blink::blink: its in one of my posts above lol you must be skimming :watching::flipoff:

whatsa matter dont like reading my nonsense :idiot:

Hey bob :grin: no i didnt catch it being a couple lines below your post :beercheers: you have some funny chit on here from time to time

Edited by OFFROADRACER

.....well your attitude determined your ticket.

Not to stir it up, but I gotta ask.....Does your current mood also have a play in here? If you write tickets according to attitude yours has to have some "weight" in it somewhere. :mc_smiley:

IMHO. I always thought justice was blind...and so it should be enforced that way. Perhaps I see things too black & white when it comes to enforcement. :DDRrocks:

...a Hollywood mantra that has been quoted before reference the Marine Corps is appropriate given the career of a police officer, and subsequently, applies to all the cop haters in da forum;

"I DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR THE INCLINATION TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO SOMEONE WHO SLEEPS UNDER THE VERY BLANKET OF FREEDOM I PROVIDE, AND THEN QUESTION THE MANNER IN WHICH I PROVIDE IT. I'D JUST PREFER YOU'D SAY THANK YOU." - COL. NATHAN JESOP

:mc_smiley: Cop haters is a strong phrase and that's a very arrogant statement from the Col above. IMO

I served my country during the Gulf War and never EXPECTED anyone to thank me, as that would be awful pretentious of me. I knew going into the job that I'd be representing my country and it would be a thankless job, but then again I'm a pretty reasonable guy and don't expect anything from anyone. Especially nowadays.

Not to stir it up, but I gotta ask.....Does your current mood also have a play in here? If you write tickets according to attitude yours has to have some "weight" in it somewhere. :mc_smiley:

IMHO. I always thought justice was blind...and so it should be enforced that way. Perhaps I see things too black & white when it comes to enforcement. :DDRrocks:

way to black and white lol . anything human controlled or operated will forever be influenced by emotion mood and attitude...................................................................

:DDRrocks: Cop haters is a strong phrase and that's a very arrogant statement from the Col above. IMO

I served my country during the Gulf War and never EXPECTED anyone to thank me, as that would be awful pretentious of me. I knew going into the job that I'd be representing my country and it would be a thankless job, but then again I'm a pretty reasonable guy and don't expect anything from anyone. Especially nowadays.

thank you and i mean it :mc_smiley:

We were sitting at the hill on Sunday watching these LEO's. They decided to race each other, while pulling a wheely the one on the KX ate it bad at the top of the hill, he ended up walking the bike all the way back down the hill :DDRrocks:. The one on the Yamaha raced two guys on quads and got smoked :D . It gets better, can anyone figure out what's missing?

Joe,

Now I :mc_smiley: know why we did'nt see you at glamis

Damn, look at what I started.

Oh, and by the way I sold my rail and the new owner is a super-cool cop loving guy, so to all the LEO"S out there looking please turn the other cheek when you see him.

Thanks,

Joe (previous owner of the Black Pearl :D )