Going ou the 27th-29th

JoeDuner

Joe, I am hoping to make it but don't think the car will be ready by then. Guy is doing the repair is doing it over the weekend but looks like it may take 2 weekends for him to finish the job. I will keep you advised.

Joe, I am hoping to make it but don't think the car will be ready by then. Guy is doing the repair is doing it over the weekend but looks like it may take 2 weekends for him to finish the job. I will keep you advised.

What happened to your car?

What happened to your car?

It's been heating up so after looking into it a little deeper it would appear I need a new head gasket :( Friend of My son in laws who is a cad. mech is coming over tomorrow to check it out further.

Well that sucks ynot, hopefully it will be taken care of soon. Didnt hurt the motor any did ya?

Will find out soon. Don't think so. It appears to be a small leak but same results a s a big leak. Tear it DOWN!

It's lookin real iffy for me this weekend. I'd love 3 duning weekends in a row, but I gotta get some stuff done on my car now. Joe & Don- you camping in your normal spot down at the end of the first finger? I'd like to make it out for Saturday after work or Sun AM. Also what time are you staying till on Sun?

Actually I'm heading out Thurs. eve. I will probably come back Saturday night. The rest of my group is staying until Sunday. Yes, we will be in our normal spot. Hope you can come out early Sat. for some duning.

Yeah Me too :thumb:

Actually I'm heading out Thurs. eve. I will probably come back Saturday night. The rest of my group is staying until Sunday. Yes, we will be in our normal spot. Hope you can come out early Sat. for some duning.

I gotta work Sat ... 8AM-1PM ish :thumb: I don't know if I can make it. Half the day will be gone Sat by the time I can get there. :(

Maybe ill swap tranny's in the samurai saturday??

I might be using the garage in the afternoon, Nick. Just a heads up so if you don't get it done by that time. Otherwise, garage is all yours. :laughing:

garage who needs a garage we can do it on the side of the house.. haha.. :D

Ill see whats up.. I want to move it to the house friday so i can wash wax and clean it up and do some other maint that i can do there.. :D then saturday if we can make time then ill fit the tranny swap in there.. :D

Copied and pasted from the Presidents Day link! What a freakin' rookie...

Looking forward to meeting some of the DDR brothers this weekend. Oh yeah, and can't leave out the sisters of the bunch. Hell, sounds like some of you folks live at Dumont.

Are there any DDR rides planned for this weekend? South pole to North pole or anything like that? Not sure yet where we're setting up but I will be stopping by. Am I looking for the ballon or just a hauler with the big banner???

See ya there.

Ace

Well JoeDuner called me today from the north pole to tell me how nice the dunes were...........while I was at work!! :mc_smiley: :mc_smiley: :shots::drunk: He said they were just admiring our nice new shiney mailbox :mc_smiley: .

He said the weather was awesome... about 70 degrees. The dunes were nice and smooth- no tracks anywhere. :huh: :mc_smiley: :mc_smiley: Damn it, you just had to rub it in Joe didn't you! :beercheers: I think his description for the day was something like.... EPIC! :drunk: I wish I could make it out this weekend, but it is my turn to work a Saturday. :happydrunks: Hope to hear all about everyone's trip when you all get back. Dune safe and party hard! :beerpint::rockon:

Well, EPIC was the best word to describe the dunes this weekend. You guys probably wouldn't have like it though because the drinks were too cold, the weather was too perfect and the dunes were way too smooth. Friday morning Joe and I went over tracklessly smooth dunes to Competition hill. It was amazing! We were the only ones there and Comp was smooth as glass. NICE. Then we went over to the North Pole. Our paddles were making that beautiful sound they make when the sand is flawless and slick.We then made our way over to the South Pole. Real nice to see a new landmark. We were playing around over at the Superbowl and I had to do my impression of an ambulance. Seems a guy fell off his quad and screwed up his shoulder.When we got there the whiney little b*tch was laying in the sand.We went over and I gave him a ride back to his camp so his buddy could take him to the hospital. It was their first time there and neither one of them had flags on their quads. Maybe they'll be discouraged from the accident and won't come back. They can go get killed at Glamis. I had to come home early today but what a great weekend anyway. :rockon:

Edited by Don29palms