450 vs 660 rhino

Warrior07

whats realy the diff. were looking to buy it's more for the wife to chill and go on the rides and take our son . so she don't feel left behind at camp when i go on rides . esp since she wants another youngin. just wanted to know from previous owners what the power diff is and would it really make a differance . :beercheers:

I couldn't imagine a Rhino with any less power than a 660. :drinkbeer: I drove a 660 and I wasn't the least bit impressed and all I did was pretty much drive on the flats and from camp to camp. One word.....GUTLESS. At the very least- get the 660. You might as well get an electric golf cart if you go a 450. :laughing::ban-split: :no_no:

I couldn't imagine a Rhino with any less power than a 660. :offtopic: I drove a 660 and I wasn't the least bit impressed and all I did was pretty much drive on the flats and from camp to camp. One word.....GUTLESS. At the very least- get the 660. You might as well get an electric golf cart if you go a 450. :laughing::beercheers: :freakin_nuts:

I think that golf carts are faster than a 450 :headbang1:

here's how it is my wife is not a speedster so a 450 would be good for her but like i posted before it's really for me so i'll need a 660 :idea::dunno::laughoff::laughoff: i know if she see this will be :hug:

You talk about the 660 like it's a serious powerhouse or something. :hello::laughoff::laughoff: They shouldn't have even made the 450. :thumb: It should be more like this: if you want something really slow and tame- get her a 660 Rhino. If you want something that you would consider too much for her but fun for you- get a rail! :coocoo::laughoff::coocoo:

get her a suz samurai, twice the power of a 660, wider (read more stable) and way less money.

The funny part about that is that Jon is SERIOUS! :idiot:

You talk about the 660 like it's a serious powerhouse or something. :coocoo::laughoff::laughoff: They shouldn't have even made the 450. :hello: It should be more like this: if you want something really slow and tame- get her a 660 Rhino. If you want something that you would consider too much for her but fun for you- get a rail! :idiot::laughoff::laughoff:

The funny part about that is that Jon is SERIOUS! :laughoff:

rhinos are for us poor folks that cant afford rails, so we can ride around in them and make loud engine noises :idea: pretending its a rail :coocoo:

first off i have considered a rail but no room in the hauler and i'd have to buy a new one :laughoff: no yet . it's really going to be for her anyways :laughoff: as with getting a wood hauler . my raptor will be getting kicked out of the th to the back of my fooorrrd :laughoff::laughoff: j/k :laughoff: i had to throw that in .

:laughoff:

Guys...I'm serious. I'm not just trying to bash Rhinos (450's OR 660's) . They really really are gutless. Drive one....YOU'LL SEE!!!! :coocoo:

yes they are fun, but you aren't gonna get a huge adrenaline rush or ever come close to accidentally giving it too much gas. Your ride will be like this: You push the gas a little bit to get going....then the motor makes a lame a$$ noise....then you give it more......THEN....you find out it's already floored!!! damnit!!! :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::idiot:

I have yet to see someone "loop out a Rhino" or "get in over their head" with one. Do people roll them sometimes?...yes. You have to be carefull on the hills because they are top-heavy, but the POWER being a safety issue...NOT SO MUCH. :laughoff:

I think you buy your toys for different reasons

I bought my Rhino because my wife would never go to Comp at night, and then we had a boy, so now I put his car seat in the front, and away we all go..not to mention the cooler rack in the back for cold beverages or a sandwich on a long run.

Oh not to mention going to Utah and going up the mountains.. Can I go mock 90 over the dunes.. MMMM no, but hey thats why I bum I ride from my buddies on there rail :D or go out on my quad..

so I say to each his own..

LOVE rails but I dont want to store one (in my toy hauler or in my garage) LOL

I bought my Rhino because my wife would never go to Comp at night, and then we had a boy, so now I put his car seat in the front, and away we all go..not to mention the cooler rack in the back for cold beverages or a sandwich on a long run.

Oh not to mention going to Utah and going up the mountains.. Can I go mock 90 over the dunes.. MMMM no, but hey thats why I bum I ride from my buddies on there rail :D or go out on my quad..

well like i said i personnally wouldn't mind a rail but as for taking a rail up to the mountains in the summer not going to happen . :drinkbeer:

You guys are completely missing my point. The topic was about 450's and 660's. All I was saying is that the 660 isn't TOO MUCH power for anyone, IMO. :dunno:

And PaulRob, I buy different toys for different reasons. I bought my Hayabusa minirail (with no reverse) because I want a simple, fast, agile duning machine to blast through the dunes. :driver: I bought my Raptor and 2 wheeler to haul azz, cruise the dunes and go fast over whoops. I bought my GRIZZLY to trail ride, rock crawl, and go exploring. I can appreciate the slower rides too. I completely understand why most people buy Rhinos. They are pretty safe and most people can drive them with ease to use them for reasons you described. There's nothing wrong with that. A 660 isn't too much power for doing all that. I doubt the 450 would be worth the money saved because the 660 is a bit underpowered in such a heavy machine....in my .02. :dunno: I guess it really is only worth 2 cents too because nobody seems to understand my point of view or what I am trying to explain. :drinkbeer: :dance: