450 vs 660 rhino

Warrior07

You guys are completely missing my point. The topic was about 450's and 660's. All I was saying is that the 660 isn't TOO MUCH power for anyone, IMO. :dunno:

And PaulRob, I buy different toys for different reasons. I bought my Hayabusa minirail (with no reverse) because I want a simple, fast, agile duning machine to blast through the dunes. :driver: I bought my Raptor and 2 wheeler to haul azz, cruise the dunes and go fast over whoops. I bought my GRIZZLY to trail ride, rock crawl, and go exploring. I can appreciate the slower rides too. I completely understand why most people buy Rhinos. They are pretty safe and most people can drive them with ease to use them for reasons you described. There's nothing wrong with that. A 660 isn't too much power for doing all that. I doubt the 450 would be worth the money saved because the 660 is a bit underpowered in such a heavy machine....in my .02. :dunno: I guess it really is only worth 2 cents too because nobody seems to understand my point of view or what I am trying to explain. :drinkbeer: :dance:

i here ya pete :dunno:

Im with Pete also....Rhinos are cool for they they were originally designed for...farm work.

Id like to have one to cruise around with and go trail riding with the wife..hence the 2 seats.

I would definately not get one with a 450...the 660 is not by any means too much power.

so what are you trying to say Pete, i dont understand :drinkbeer: :dance: :driver:

I think what Pete is trying to say is. A rhino 660 is sloooooooooooow enuff. A rhino 450....... humm might as well have an ELectric golf cart out there. Its kinda pointless to get a 450 when you cant even go fast enuff in a 660 to get the rangers mad at you In the camping area. When we go on our Late night rhino rides, we leave the camping area and punch it. 3 hours later, guess what....... still punched. 18 mph 19 mph woohoo were haulinassssssss ummmmmmmm NOT SO MUCH. NOW 18 OR 19 MPH ON THE FARM........ HAULINASSSS ummmmm nope still not so much. The fact is the Rhinos are wayyyyyyyy under powered. Fun for a late night 18 mph romp through the dunes session, yes. To actually think people sell there sand rails and other toys to have a rhino. What the hell are they thinking????? Ok enuff rambling. Rhino 660.

RHINO UP!!!!!

wtf 18 mph thats it ? :drinkbeer:

You are damn lucky if you hit 18 mph in a rhino IN THE DUNES. The flats around camp.... 31 32 maybe 33 but in the dunes.............. 18 19 20. I can only imagine how slow a 450 would be in the dunes. Like Pete said..... I have yet to see someone loop out a rhino.

Or something wrong with it :beercheers:

You must have a 660 on nitrous or maybe the supercharged version. Because the 5 or six other guys I go out with all of theres are the same as mine. Im talking IN THE DUNES. Not the flats. Go up banshee hill, How fast are you going? And I say banshee hill because there arent many others out there that a rhino will climb!!!

You must have a 660 on nitrous or maybe the supercharged version. Because the 5 or six other guys I go out with all of theres are the same as mine. Im talking IN THE DUNES. Not the flats. Go up banshee hill, How fast are you going? And I say banshee hill because there arent many others out there that a rhino will climb!!!

yea i was talking on the flat ground not climbing a hill

wow, I had no idea they were that gutless. Yes I was being serious about the suz samurai. They run about 1500$, 680 in 4 paddles, a sazall to cut some weight, a cage ok, about 800, some nice prp seats about 640, exhuast and header about 400, cai about 40$ , thats about 4000 on going prices. They you have a street legal rhino, its about 100 lbs heavier then a actual rhino, makes about 70 hp (double a rhino) and has more gears, more tire/ traction, its wider, has a heater, horn, some even have ac. All for about half a 450 rhino......my wife loves it, and so do the kids. It will go straight up comp too.

BTW even the wheel base is about the same as a rhino and it ll do 80 mph on flat ground which really does give you that rush.

SAVE THOUSANDS, go to ST George or Cedar City.... No Tax, and they will deal with you

Go to Cedar City. They will treat you right. The owner was former GM of St George store and left because of poor service and bad upper management decisions. Plus they are family. You will get agood deal and they will back it up with good service. They will even deliver it to you in Vegas. :ban-split: