Where do you store your haulers?

dreamrr

I store mine at a buddies 2 acres about 25 miles away. Had to buy a shltload of rock to cover the ground it sits on. But storage is free. My CC&Rs prohibit any rv parking in the driveway or on the property if it is taller than the fences.

I keep mine in covered storage on the east side. runs me 110 for a 40 ft covered spot. from what I understand thats pretty reasonable. and guess its not so easy to get covered, waiting list at alot of places. not in the greatest neighborhood I guess, but they have video surveilance, and I have an alarm in my hauler. so far so good!!

someday hopefully Ill get outta my condo and into a house, that has rv parking!

It's a 38 1/2 Gearbox. If you're going to be up at Dumont for the cleanup, I'll show it to ya if you want. I camp in the wash but I know I can recognize your rail. It's the only hauler that I know of that can fit both my rail and a quad in it, plus has all the options my wife wanted and I wanted. My only other option was a stacker and a motor home. Don't want to spend that type of money yet.

We're pretty darn lucky, see picture below. Actually, our house it right at the dunes - he he

post-2610-1173566602.jpg

haha i can only wish

My 5 ac has water/sewer/elec for the hauler and big turn around!

I am in Phoenix this weekend visting and I really want to go see ahsumtoy and drool over his paved driveway and nice hauler. BTW you have some serious traffic in his town!

Edited by iweb

I am pretty lucky. I live near Prescott, AZ and have 3 acres. I built a driveway that goes from one street to the other with a pad for the hauler. I have a pump room behind the pad and added 50 amp service to it so I can connect the hauler to electricity. See pix below:

I think I replied to one of your posts on where you live. Where in Prescott are you located? My parents live in the Ranch (or is it Lee's Ranch? - I dunno :thumb: ). Anyway, they have about an acre. It's nice that you have so much land. We thought we would have RV parking on our little lot in Henderson, but our lot has a slope that was too big to retain and put in an RV or a boat! Darn!!!

Edited by Kitcat

I keep mine in covered storage on the east side. runs me 110 for a 40 ft covered spot. from what I understand thats pretty reasonable. and guess its not so easy to get covered, waiting list at alot of places. not in the greatest neighborhood I guess, but they have video surveilance, and I have an alarm in my hauler. so far so good!!

someday hopefully Ill get outta my condo and into a house, that has rv parking!

That is a good price, we pay more than that for our covered storage. We can't wait until we sell both our houses and get a new one with RV parking.

Our RV and flat trailer are stored at home. :driver:

We live on a cul-de-sac and have a huge RV parking area on the side of the house I created.

It's really is awesome to have to stuff at home. :flipoff:

Me too. I had 14 yards of concrete added to my driveway. :D

:thumbsdown: associations suck :dunno:

Yes they do. I refuse to buy a house that's in an association.

We found a spot off LV Blvd and Pebble in S. Vegas. It's not cheap, but it has plenty of room to pull in and park.

Ive seen that one from the freeway comin home from dumont to go dump( at Oasis) how much do they charge, if ya dont mind

Ive seen that one from the freeway comin home from dumont to go dump( at Oasis) how much do they charge, if ya dont mind

A whopping $195 a month. :thumbsdown: We were having a hard time getting a storage spot, where we could actually get the rig in the spot. My inlaws have their 5th wheel stored there, so we just did it. We're still looking to see if there's anything else out there. They also have a small (5X12) storage behind the rig, where we took all our totes and random holiday stuff from home. They have a dump there, too. It's $5 on the honor system.

Me too. I had 14 yards of concrete added to my driveway. :D

Yes they do. I refuse to buy a house that's in an association.

I'm the president of our association! I got on the board, so other people would leave me alone! I'm sure my neighbors hate me because we bring our TH and our friends to the house to get ready to go camping. HAHA!! :D

I'm the president of our association! I got on the board, so other people would leave me alone! I'm sure my neighbors hate me because we bring our TH and our friends to the house to get ready to go camping. HAHA!! :D

associations suck :thumbsdown: ..but thats the way to do it..be the president :driver: then they cant give you much sh*t

associations suck :thumbsdown: ..but thats the way to do it..be the president :flipoff: then they cant give you much sh*t

I agree be the prez, all to often it seems that they people running the board are old or retired people that have more time to maintain their hard or make required changes. They also do not seem to understand what it is like to have fun and enjoy the type of toys that we do. They to often set meeting during times that most people are at work or coming home from work then rules are set without the ability of more people being able to participate. just make me want to :driver: them at times!!! :dunno: (sorry ***** stepping off of soap box now)

so what would it be worth to someone having a say 1 or 2 acre lot with nothing but RV storage somewhere in the valley desgined to make it easy to get your haulers in and out and be reasonably priced???

so what would it be worth to someone having a say 1 or 2 acre lot with nothing but RV storage somewhere in the valley desgined to make it easy to get your haulers in and out and be reasonably priced???

Ask the dude that owns "Dunes Edge Storage" just outside Glamis. I bet he's making a killing. He also stores all the rentals there. :hello:

The 1 acre lot next to me went for 440k....so I m thinking it wouldnt be that reasonable. Ad on the fact that you need commercial, your looking at 2-4 million to buy and develope, pave / cover/ secure etc...

Mine goes between the house and garage, next to the garage, and hides the project cars I have next to the garage so I dont have to see em looking at me all the time. It makes the shop look smaller too.

Here it is in the driveway in front of the garage.

post-634-1173832168.jpg

Edited by 1320

I agree be the prez, all to often it seems that they people running the board are old or retired people that have more time to maintain their hard or make required changes. They also do not seem to understand what it is like to have fun and enjoy the type of toys that we do. They to often set meeting during times that most people are at work or coming home from work then rules are set without the ability of more people being able to participate. just make me want to :mc_smiley: them at times!!! :DDRrocks: (sorry ***** stepping off of soap box now)

Yeah, I'm not retired and I like to have fun!!! The people up the street told me, I won't tell on you riding your quad up and down the street, if you don't tell them we have a home based business! Kind of funny! Our association is pretty leniant, too. I'm just concerned that the neighborhood looks okay and the landscaping is nice. :D

Ask the dude that owns "Dunes Edge Storage" just outside Glamis. I bet he's making a killing. He also stores all the rentals there. :mic:

He has also owned that land for quite some time.. Well before the inflated realestate prices and yes i know he is making a killing... Every season he is full so what does that tell you..

80 acres in baker would be a helluva storage lot but who wants to drive out to baker and pick up their rig to get ready... I was thinking somewhere down south un devoloped maybe out towards jean or something. who knows just brainstorming..

He has also owned that land for quite some time.. Well before the inflated realestate prices and yes i know he is making a killing... Every season he is full so what does that tell you..

80 acres in baker would be a helluva storage lot but who wants to drive out to baker and pick up their rig to get ready... I was thinking somewhere down south un devoloped maybe out towards jean or something. who knows just brainstorming..

It would be the same concept as the dunes edge.....those folks don't drive out to Glamis to pick it up and get ready. Most have adapted.......

Dunes Edge has on-call/on-site service for fuel, water, dumping and even a rental flat bed in case you need to haul your toy home to fix it. Great concept, and the savings on fuel is really good not to mention the drive to and from home would be much quicker and less stressful.

My only problem would be security and picking the right people to run it.

that was the one thing i didnt like about dunes edge... there was just a key laying under a rock for A LONG TIME!!! That didnt settle too well with me.

But i was thinking 10' tall fence with Razor wire on top and around the base on the outside. electric gate with keypad system like most storage lots around here.. someone living ON site and a roaming security guard or 2..