Delima..

PiercedBoy

So I'm lifting my '98 Silverado Xcab C1500

And can't decide wether to go 4" w/ 33"s or 7.5" w/35"s

The cost isn't really a concern but, function is very much. BECAUSE it's my primary daily driver...

Pro's:

If I go 4" spindles;(may also install 1.5" front spring spacer) then it'll still be sporty during spirit'd driving; brakes won't have to work has hard; slightly better mpg(HAHAHA); easier to load the bed, esp my quad.

If I go 7.5" cross-member; IT LOOKS BAD a$$ and I can go w/ 35s on 20"wheels later

Con's:

4" it doesn't look as cool

7'5" just more impractcal, some people will have a very hard time getting into it.

What are your guy's opinions?

In my opinion, go w/ the 4" lift. I was gonna lift my truck because I thought it would look "badass" too, but ya know what- it does look badass just after adding some wheels & tires and leveling it out. I have always thought this: FUNCTION before fashion. You don't really look cool if your sh*t can't really do what it was intended to do in the first place- drive normal & be able to do at least what it could do when stock. Go w/ the 4" lift and I gaurantee you will be happy. The 7.5" lift doesn't seem to offer anything the 4"lift won't give you other than looking like that big lift it is compenstating for something smaller. :mc_smiley: (j/k of course)

just my .02

The 7.5" lift doesn't seem to offer anything the 4"lift won't give you other than looking like that big lift it is compenstating for something smaller. :mc_smiley:

How did you know I was compensating for something?? :headbang: j/k Chris, go with the 4". Ross has the 4" on his truck and it rides good! The 7.5" that Craig has, he is alkready trying to find ways toi make it ride like Ross'. Besides, even if you wanted to do 20's with the 7.5" lift, it is an oddball offset and Craig was having a hard time finding the wheels he needed. You should check out both of their trucks and then decide. :shocked2:

why not just go for the middle....maybe a 6 inch lift. If you put the 4 on your going to want the 6 or 7inch later. The 6 looks good on chevys. I would say avoid the spring spacer the front end will get stiff and those are a pain in the a$$ to get in. My chevy drove nice and smooth and still got 16mph on freeway with 456 gears and 33s.

post-251-1138321254_thumb.jpg

I was talking to Craig last night and he was saying the kit that Ross has is hard to find now. So if that is the way you might go, check into the lift before you commit to the rims and tires. Don't want you to buys the tires and realize you cant find the right lift, you know. Just looking out. :beerpint:

why not just go for the middle....maybe a 6 inch lift. If you put the 4 on your going to want the 6 or 7inch later. The 6 looks good on chevys. I would say avoid the spring spacer the front end will get stiff and those are a pain in the a$$ to get in. My chevy drove nice and smooth and still got 16mph on freeway with 456 gears and 33s.

there are only 4" ,7"old style, 7.5" new style. 2wd is very limited...... yaya get a 4WD i've heard it all before, i can't afford a 3500 duramax crew cab longbed right now SO gotta make due. Won't settle for anything less.

there are only 4" ,7"old style, 7.5" new style. 2wd is very limited...... yaya get a 4WD i've heard it all before, i can't afford a 3500 duramax crew cab longbed right now SO gotta make due. Won't settle for anything less.

Fabtech 7.5" is what Craig has (old style).