PiercedBoy Posted January 26, 2006 Posted January 26, 2006 So I'm lifting my '98 Silverado Xcab C1500 And can't decide wether to go 4" w/ 33"s or 7.5" w/35"s The cost isn't really a concern but, function is very much. BECAUSE it's my primary daily driver... Pro's: If I go 4" spindles;(may also install 1.5" front spring spacer) then it'll still be sporty during spirit'd driving; brakes won't have to work has hard; slightly better mpg(HAHAHA); easier to load the bed, esp my quad. If I go 7.5" cross-member; IT LOOKS BAD a$$ and I can go w/ 35s on 20"wheels later Con's: 4" it doesn't look as cool 7'5" just more impractcal, some people will have a very hard time getting into it. What are your guy's opinions? Quote
dunefreak Posted January 26, 2006 Posted January 26, 2006 In my opinion, go w/ the 4" lift. I was gonna lift my truck because I thought it would look "badass" too, but ya know what- it does look badass just after adding some wheels & tires and leveling it out. I have always thought this: FUNCTION before fashion. You don't really look cool if your sh*t can't really do what it was intended to do in the first place- drive normal & be able to do at least what it could do when stock. Go w/ the 4" lift and I gaurantee you will be happy. The 7.5" lift doesn't seem to offer anything the 4"lift won't give you other than looking like that big lift it is compenstating for something smaller. :mc_smiley: (j/k of course) just my .02 Quote
lvnalolife Posted January 26, 2006 Posted January 26, 2006 The 7.5" lift doesn't seem to offer anything the 4"lift won't give you other than looking like that big lift it is compenstating for something smaller. :mc_smiley: How did you know I was compensating for something?? :headbang: j/k Chris, go with the 4". Ross has the 4" on his truck and it rides good! The 7.5" that Craig has, he is alkready trying to find ways toi make it ride like Ross'. Besides, even if you wanted to do 20's with the 7.5" lift, it is an oddball offset and Craig was having a hard time finding the wheels he needed. You should check out both of their trucks and then decide. :shocked2: Quote
PiercedBoy Posted January 26, 2006 Author Posted January 26, 2006 Ya it's Craig's truck that made me want it big. But ya I agree with you guys 4".... Quote
lindernglamis Posted January 27, 2006 Posted January 27, 2006 why not just go for the middle....maybe a 6 inch lift. If you put the 4 on your going to want the 6 or 7inch later. The 6 looks good on chevys. I would say avoid the spring spacer the front end will get stiff and those are a pain in the a$$ to get in. My chevy drove nice and smooth and still got 16mph on freeway with 456 gears and 33s. Quote
lvnalolife Posted January 27, 2006 Posted January 27, 2006 I was talking to Craig last night and he was saying the kit that Ross has is hard to find now. So if that is the way you might go, check into the lift before you commit to the rims and tires. Don't want you to buys the tires and realize you cant find the right lift, you know. Just looking out. Quote
PiercedBoy Posted January 27, 2006 Author Posted January 27, 2006 why not just go for the middle....maybe a 6 inch lift. If you put the 4 on your going to want the 6 or 7inch later. The 6 looks good on chevys. I would say avoid the spring spacer the front end will get stiff and those are a pain in the a$$ to get in. My chevy drove nice and smooth and still got 16mph on freeway with 456 gears and 33s. there are only 4" ,7"old style, 7.5" new style. 2wd is very limited...... yaya get a 4WD i've heard it all before, i can't afford a 3500 duramax crew cab longbed right now SO gotta make due. Won't settle for anything less. Quote
lvnalolife Posted January 27, 2006 Posted January 27, 2006 there are only 4" ,7"old style, 7.5" new style. 2wd is very limited...... yaya get a 4WD i've heard it all before, i can't afford a 3500 duramax crew cab longbed right now SO gotta make due. Won't settle for anything less. Fabtech 7.5" is what Craig has (old style). Quote
lvnalolife Posted January 27, 2006 Posted January 27, 2006 Half ton ???? Yeah on a half ton. Isn't that also what Chris has? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.