FUNCO guys

Gazlay43

Jon I don't think the average sand car owner myself included doesn't wonder how well their

car will hold up in a big crash. I myself have been doing this for a long time and make sure

all my passengers are belted in and safe. As a driver I like to have fun but I don't drive

with my head up azz. Accidents happen but most of these wrecks are due to either novice

drivers or people driving beyond thier own or their cars abilities. I have seen some pretty

bad crashes that people have walked away from and some that I don't care if you were

driving a nascar chassis the body can only take so much force and abuse did not walk

away. I have been looking for a LT car and funco for balance and safety would be one

of my top 5 cars.I don't see any government standards being enforced for an offroad

recreation veh. Unless people pull their heads out of their azz alot more people will die

in the dunes and offroad because they don't use their brain not because of what their

driving. Just my 2 cents. :wedgie: :crash:

Then build something that will revolutionize the industry.

YOU SAID IT GERALD. I wanna see this guy put his Talent and knowledge and building skills where his obviously HUGE know it all mouth is!!!

Pete, thats just it, the big name builders still make huge mistakes in building because there are no rules or regulations. We want a sand car to accelerate like a drag car, to handle like a nascar, and to do it all it the most dangerous enviroment on the planet. If you look at the numbers, the death rate from offroad incidences is probably many many times higher then any other for of motorsports? Why?, when the rest have rules?

They build sand cars to sell, period. Why in the F would anyone use transaxle? A vw, 091, mendola, fortin, or albins? Why use somethng that costs 1000 to 20000$ that you know will break? Why use something that sucks up 30-35% of the power? They sell the trend.

I dont want to argue, but 99% of the sandrails that go out, are extremely unsafe. There own safty equipment will hurt you, thats bad.

Post some more pics of that ultra safe super duning sammy you have!!

Pete, thats just it, the big name builders still make huge mistakes in building because there are no rules or regulations. We want a sand car to accelerate like a drag car, to handle like a nascar, and to do it all it the most dangerous enviroment on the planet. If you look at the numbers, the death rate from offroad incidences is probably many many times higher then any other for of motorsports? Why?, when the rest have rules?

They build sand cars to sell, period. Why in the F would anyone use transaxle? A vw, 091, mendola, fortin, or albins? Why use somethng that costs 1000 to 20000$ that you know will break? Why use something that sucks up 30-35% of the power? They sell the trend.

I dont want to argue, but 99% of the sandrails that go out, are extremely unsafe. There own safty equipment will hurt you, thats bad.

Post some more pics of that ultra safe super duning sammy you have!!

Not to pick on the guy, but I would be concerned with the mounting of the rear seatbelts...and the lack of cross bracing in the rear. I also see the padding for the front passenger's heads....what about the rear passengers?

But what do I know..... :ahhhhh:

post-634-1173830629_thumb.jpg

WHAT THE FU#* IS THAT . DID THE FREAKIN CLAMPETTS MOVE TO VEGAS. LOOKS LIKE JETHRO BODINE WELDED THAT MO FO. THAT'S REAL SAFE :ahhhhh: :ahhhhh: :barf::blury::laughoff:

That is the sammy that belongs to 1320....the guy talk that said

99% of the sandrails that go out, are extremely unsafe

Holy sh*t, you gotta be kidding me???? Where is all the x-bracing????? My rhino is safer than that. I guess all you want to do is go fast, and not consider safety!!! :ahhhhh: :barf::blury::laughoff:

After seeing this, I might have to quit the club :ahhhhh:

Edited by JoeDuner

yea, and if you would have read something I only posted the picture becuase someone asked to see it, and I m pretty sure it was stated, unfinished. Yes, there is a cross bar in the back, the seat belts remounted, and more bracing. Its also been painted, and some other alterations. Whats even funnier is that I didnt say anything directly bad anout anyones car, but you guys are obviously offended that I might have a point, a point I might ad that may save your life as you know it, or your walking ability, or your loved ones. I appreciate you guys pointing out that stuff, I already took care of it. Now go look at your cars and see if its safer then a sammy that averages between 1 mph and maybe 30 at its highest dune speed. Lets compare it to your rhinos......

BTW, I like funcos, personally they are probably in my top 5 too, they put safty and convience in front of the trend, that says a lot for a company.

So if someone in the club after all this goes out , gets hurt, then some lawyer tells them they have a case cause there car was unsafe......would that cause an issue? Maybe win a few million from a company like funco, put them out of business so the others no longer have support? That would suck too.

opinions, remeber everyone has one, why is you guys care about mine so much? Its just an opinion, it must hit a nerve I guess.

that's there is funny cuhm on jedd :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

yea, its safer then your rhino, goes more places, and costs 1/10th as much, thats not a personal attack, I would never stoop so low to call you names like the big boy your are, dam you guys, if your going to take things out of context and call names, Ill just say rip when the time is right, ok.

yea, and if you would have read something I only posted the picture becuase someone asked to see it, and I m pretty sure it was stated, unfinished. Yes, there is a cross bar in the back, the seat belts remounted, and more bracing. Its also been painted, and some other alterations. Whats even funnier is that I didnt say anything directly bad anout anyones car, but you guys are obviously offended that I might have a point, a point I might ad that may save your life as you know it, or your walking ability, or your loved ones. I appreciate you guys pointing out that stuff, I already took care of it. Now go look at your cars and see if its safer then a sammy that averages between 1 mph and maybe 30 at its highest dune speed. Lets compare it to your rhinos......

Relax. You did say it was unfinished, but you only stated:

The sammy is a 1.3 5 speed . It climbs well. This one is very low cost....around 2k total, thats with the tires, prp seats , belts from some generous board members, and the steel for the cage. The cage is not done, but its getting close. Its welded right to the frame. I m gonna do a trunk rack to hold a ice chest and supplies etc...up kind high, so it doesnt drag a dune when coming off a hill.

So...I figured you mounted the seatbelts and built the cage with the exception of the trunk rack. :ninja:

Have any completed pics?

Whats even funnier is that I didnt say anything directly bad anout anyones car

...you said "99% of the sandrails that go out, are extremely unsafe" and "why in the F would anyone use a transaxle?"....

When you state in generalities like that you are pretty much saying it directly to almost everyone that owns a sandrail. :dunce:

yea, its safer then your rhino, goes more places, and costs 1/10th as much, thats not a personal attack, I would never stoop so low to call you names like the big boy your are, dam you guys, if your going to take things out of context and call names, Ill just say rip when the time is right, ok.

as you can see i was replying to captainkirk's comment not you .btw it's all in fun so chill jedd :driver: :dunce: :dunce: ( see what i mean all in fun maybe sarcastic but all in fun ) :ninja::idiot:

Not to pick on the guy, but I would be concerned with the mounting of the rear seatbelts...and the lack of cross bracing in the rear. I also see the padding for the front passenger's heads....what about the rear passengers?

But what do I know..... :DDRrocks:

post-634-1173830629_thumb.jpg

Safe my a$$!! WTF!!that cage doest appear safe to me!! 99% of the sandcars out there i would guarantee are safer than that .. :DDRrocks: