Vegas Grand Prix

The boss talked me into going downstairs and checking out the Champ car practice. (like he had to twist my arm) We found a nice spot on the railroad bridge (which won't be available during the race) and they were haulin the mail until one dude got loose and wrecked just past where we were standing. I did take a pic or two with my cell....they were screaming by in 4th gear at this point....

post-475-1175879325.jpg

post-475-1175879336.jpg

...should've brought a better camera! :blink:

thanks for sharing the pics gerald. Komp radio was broadcasting down there, and you could hear the cars screaming by. I wanted to go down and check it out. but with having to shuttle in, just seems like more hassle than its worth. :laughoff:

More pics coming from another nice employee that had a good camera.

They were screaming by....and the smell of methanol was in the air! :blink:

They're telling us that we can use our parking lot to park at for the race. I'm debating on going because the tickets are $47 at the gate Sunday, and I think TV coverage will be much better. However, the atmosphere is what gets me going......

More pics coming from another nice employee that had a good camera.

They were screaming by....and the smell of methanol was in the air! :blink:

They're telling us that we can use our parking lot to park at for the race. I'm debating on going because the tickets are $47 at the gate Sunday, and I think TV coverage will be much better. However, the atmosphere is what gets me going......

Yeah I was goin to go for the atmosphere more than anything. :D if you do end up going, take lots of pics.

I am working with the Grand Prix all weekend, but I am stuck at the medical main station. I get to see a good view from the overpass of Ogden and Main Street.

oh and actually the traffic was not too bad and the shuttles are running constantly, Sunday (race day) is going to be a different story though.

:beatdeadhorse:

It was nice to be paid to watch the race! I will post some pics of a few crashes in a few days..got to get them from a friend first since I forgot the camera again. :idiot: Anyway for not being a race fan and knowing nothing about it, I had a great time...I want to drive one of those cars :driver:

We were there! At the last minute when all of our camping group decided to bail out of a trip to the dunes, we decided to help our just-turned-21 year old son celebrate in true Vegas style.

I didn't even know about the Grand Prix until we made reservations so it was a great surprise!

We stayed at Fitzgerald's and asked for rooms on the east side so we could catch Turn 9 from our window.

What a blast it was! And Fremont Street was better than usual... almost as good as New Year's Eve.

We'll be there next year for sure, this time for the races!

Vicki

The way those cars are built is amazing!!! i went back to ganasi shop in indy a couple years back and did a walk through and tour (my old roomates brother works for ganasi) so got the good guy walk through..but anyways the engineering in those is unbelievable!! they have 2 led lights on the outside panel one goes 2 colors depending on the g force when in an accident it allows the safety crew to see while approaching to determine the severity of the driver, the wiring...maticulous , its cleaner than an aircraft..I was impressed