Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ha ha first youd have to find someone to haul that piece of yamatrash out there :dunno:

crap, you got me there.... id ask you, but thoses dodges just wont make it all the way... :think::boxer:

  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Have you seen a 12 mill Banshee run? I will still put my money on a 12 Mill then that thing!! I have seen Banshee beat to many quads with street bike motors, in a hill race!!!

aint that the truth! Banshee all the way!

Posted

aint that the truth! Banshee all the way!

I am a 450 guy, but I am realistic and know that for now the Banshee's are KING OF THE HILL!!!

Posted

I am a 450 guy, but I am realistic and know that for now the Banshee's are KING OF THE HILL!!!

ya i will say those 450s have came a long way!!!But like u said right now the banshees dominate the hill!

long live the banshee! :dunno:

Posted

Next time you go riding swap quads with some of your friends, you'll find that the guy who is usualy first will still be first. My point is when comparing quads...keep in mind, sometimes it's the rider!

Posted

Next time you go riding swap quads with some of your friends, you'll find that the guy who is usualy first will still be first. My point is when comparing quads...keep in mind, sometimes it's the rider!

Couldn't have said it better ^ :ahhhhh: :flipoff::laughing:

Posted (edited)

We've yet to see a four stroke (quad engine) built in the same way as one of those drag shess.

I'd like to see a four stroke engine from a quad (not a streetbike motor):

Billet everything.

big titanium valves.

intercooled turbo.

35psi boost.

runnning alky with a dash of nitro.

Spraying a splash of NOS.

HPR is doing something like that (minus the turbo) to run heavy nitromethan with a DS650.

I feel like we need to stick with turbos/blowers, whatever. The nature of a 2stroke pipe gives a bike like a banshee sort of a fake turbo. It actually sucks the cylinder clean and then forces it overfull on the rebound pulse. A good 2stroke pipe does much of what we use a turbo/blower for.

We are bringing in our high compression, cammed, big bore, bikes and competing with a banshee that has almost nothing left on them that still factory and we wonder why we lose...

I think the real problem is for the less money we can just do a conversion bike and run a streetbike motor. That's what guys do instead of really build a 4 stroke quad engined banshee killer. :)

Edited by metalalien
Posted

Next time you go riding swap quads with some of your friends, you'll find that the guy who is usualy first will still be first. My point is when comparing quads...keep in mind, sometimes it's the rider!

Completely agree, but I think he was trying to take the rider factor out of the equation.

Posted

It all depends on you and if you like to wrench. You can build a gas Banshee to run 70 mph up comp hill and dune all day long with it.

But it requires constant wrenching to keep it running like that. Re jetting every trip (and sometimes daily), keeping your chain well maintained, monitoring tire pressure daily, fudging with computer ignition advances, cleaning carbs and filters every trip, etc, etc, etc.

If you dont want to put the time in or dont enjoy doing that then I wouldnt go that route.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Hands down to the banshee's.. they really are king of the hill.. but yet i own a Honda 450r.. lol.. anyways 4stroke wise i would go Honda.. 99.9 % of the time i kill the YFZ and yes i have ran some really good competition they still are no where to be found :thumb: and to dnchvyman your YFZ is broke down and you talking smack.. i love that :thumb: Get a HONDA !

Posted

Hands down to the banshee's.. they really are king of the hill.. but yet i own a Honda 450r.. lol.. anyways 4stroke wise i would go Honda.. 99.9 % of the time i kill the YFZ and yes i have ran some really good competition they still are no where to be found :thumb: and to dnchvyman your YFZ is broke down and you talking smack.. i love that :thumb: Get a HONDA !

Ok so there king of the hill huh? 1/2 the people on here say you put the money in it and it will be faster. Well rockect Factory did on a Raptor 700 ( yes not a 450 ). No street bike motor or such, and it continues to win king of the hill Rocket Factory. And i do know this is going to start another war on here but hey :blink:

Posted (edited)

Ok so there king of the hill huh? 1/2 the people on here say you put the money in it and it will be faster. Well rockect Factory did on a Raptor 700 ( yes not a 450 ). No street bike motor or such, and it continues to win king of the hill Rocket Factory. And i do know this is going to start another war on here but hey :thumb:

OK they can be beat by plenty of other 4 strokes and they also DO NOT race the hill shooter banshee's. They also are not king of the hill Mr Horsepower on a DS will beat them everytime. But neither of these will beat the King Of The Hill Banshee's. I am a 450 fan but I also know that I can not build my motor big enough to beat the Banshee's.

Edited by mineurbiz
Posted

OK they can be beat by plenty of other 4 strokes and they also DO NOT race the hill shooter banshee's. They also are not king of the hill Mr Horsepower on a DS will beat them everytime. But neither of these will beat the King Of The Hill Banshee's. I am a 450 fan but I also know that I can not build my motor big enough to beat the Banshee's.

There are fast banshee's and the most not the majority of the duners dont have those Banshees.

Posted (edited)

There are fast banshee's and the most not the majority of the duners dont have those Banshees.

:thumb: The question is what has more potential :thumb: And to your point most do not have those Raptors either right?

Edited by mineurbiz
Posted

Correct .. But the argument turned into if you put enough in it it will always win ( the banshee) and i rebutled that. everything has more potential, as of now the kits available to anyone will benefit the most, the banshee and raptor 700's. 450 have good kits out but are extreme per say.

Posted (edited)

Correct .. But the argument turned into if you put enough in it it will always win ( the banshee) and i rebutled that. everything has more potential, as of now the kits available to anyone will benefit the most, the banshee and raptor 700's. 450 have good kits out but are extreme per say.

notice that the rocket factory won the 4 stroke championship series, not a run what u brung series.

I doubt that raptor went up against the turbo'd busa DS as well.....94 mph up banshee hill

not taking away from that raptor, and I even own a thumper....but the shee is still king of the hill

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE
Posted

notice that the rocket factory won the 4 stroke championship series, not a run what u brung series.

I doubt that raptor went up against the turbo'd busa DS as well.....94 mph up banshee hill

not taking away from that raptor, and I even own a thumper....but the shee is still king of the hill

very well said

Posted

banshee and slow dont go together. obviously you have never riden one. learn how to spell too. :laughoff:

I'm sorry but when I saw this I started to laugh. And yes I have ridden a Banshee

Posted

I have friends and family saying that a banshee is potentialy faster than a yfz450 (are they right?)

banshees r way better and they last forever my dad still has his stok 1987 banshee and it runs awsome and i have an 02 and its the best bike iv ever had especially with pro circut pipes

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

anyways 4stroke wise i would go Honda.. 99.9 % of the time i kill the YFZ and yes i have ran some really good competition they still are no where to be found :finger: and to dnchvyman your YFZ is broke down and you talking smack.. i love that :mc_smiley: Get a HONDA !

I have a slow bolt on YFZ you could try racing :MBdance: . im not afraid to lose! :laughoff:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...