new rail

sand chick

TONIGHT THE MOTOR RUNS!!!!

and it sounds pretty good too!!

I guess being out there without a rail, made him shift into high gear!!

:laughing::grin::laughing::laughoff::thumb: :hug:

pics we need some more pics,to cheap and lazy to come see it in person

how about a sound byte?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pics we need some more pics,to cheap and lazy to come see it in person

how about a sound byte?

Kinda hard to take a pic and have you KNOW that its running, but call me and I'll have him start it up for ya!! :grin: But tomorrow, cause its after ten :laughing:

Kinda hard to take a pic and have you KNOW that its running, but call me and I'll have him start it up for ya!! :DDRrocks: But tomorrow, cause its after ten :tres hermanos_rock_smiley:

after 10 whats that got to do with making noise? or is it past bed time? Doesn't sound like the Bob I knew.

Anyhow you haven't posted any progress pics in a while, like radiator installation,trailing arms and shock mounts or there must be something to show us.

Go crack the whip and get Bob moving, 3 months and 1 week left

after 10 whats that got to do with making noise? or is it past bed time? Doesn't sound like the Bob I knew.

Anyhow you haven't posted any progress pics in a while, like radiator installation,trailing arms and shock mounts or there must be something to show us.

only 3 months left. :laughoff: I only have 1 1/2 months left. I will get more pics of it tonight.

No not bed time for us, bed time for the neighborhood :laughoff:

As you requested

Radiator installed

post-2396-1187228073_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1187228108_thumb.jpg

The other trailing arm installed

post-2396-1187228152_thumb.jpg

No shock mounts yet, thats next. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mounted fuel pump and filter last night. Cut 39 more wires out of the harness. And it still run's. I will have the famous photagrapher take some pics tonight. I can't use the camera anymore!! :dunno: I am so redy to take it out for a test ride. :laughing:

I am still looking into that. I kinda ran out of room. The t-body is in the way so i cant move it down yet. Maybe I should put it out front. :dunno:

I think I would be concerned about front end collisions if it was out front

maybe just stay home and be safe

Since there is so much concern about radiator placement in a rollover I decided to do calculations on the possibility of radiator damage factoring in radiator placement,clearance,speed,roll cage configuation and weight.

Heres what I came up with,

Traveling at 25mph or less with a passenger of equal weight and driver who has consumed 6 beers(a morning ride) there is a 10% chance of radiator damage

Traveling at 45mph without a passenger and driver who has consumed 18 beers(night ride)there is a 90% chance of radiator damage but Bob will not care because he will be to busy looking for the ice chest that flew out so he can get another beer and wheter we can tell that he sh!t himself

:shocked2: :blah::blah::flipoff::booty::MBdance::booty::booty:

You have got to much time on your hand's. But that is probably 100% correct. What radiator?? :Danielle:

I got so much time on my hands that all the crazy thoughts that have stuck in my head for years are starting to creep out and into thr real world(not the one I'm in) :laughing:

In going through some rail pics, it seems like that is the traditional place for the radiator for this style of rail.?

Or are you talking about the height and not the placement of behind the seats? :Danielle:

Sorry just trying to get some information :laughing:

Ok here's the story on the radiator, NOW we all agree its NOT the best placement, but its almost a foot from the top and 16.5 inches from the back of the seats. I have been told by some reliable sources that this should be no problemo.

I was told however that anytime I go in a rail I need to have someone wrap me up in about 50 lbs of bubble wrap just to be sure!! :laughing::laughoff:

No we should be good, maybe look at moving it inside the tubing, but thank you for your concerns :D

Voices of opinion, concerns, thoughts and examples are always welcome here!! :D:laughoff:

How else am I supposed to learn stuff??

Ok here's the story on the radiator, NOW we all agree its NOT the best placement, but its almost a foot from the top and 16.5 inches from the back of the seats. I have been told by some reliable sources that this should be no problemo.

I was told however that anytime I go in a rail I need to have someone wrap me up in about 50 lbs of bubble wrap just to be sure!! :laughing::laughoff:

No we should be good, maybe look at moving it inside the tubing, but thank you for your concerns :D

Voices of opinion, concerns, thoughts and examples are always welcome here!! :D:laughoff:

How else am I supposed to learn stuff??

At least Ted put the radiator conections on the passenger side so they will get sprayed first when the vacuum cleaner hoses blow out. :laughoff: