NEED HELP with yamaha warrior

I am trying to clean the carb on my girls warrior 350 i took it off, but wasnt sure on the throttle cable :laughoff: didnt want to mess it up, does anyone know about these, as well as someone that can go through the carb it needs a good cleaning, I think the float is sticking :laughoff: ........any help. thanks in advance

I am trying to clean the carb on my girls warrior 350 i took it off, but wasnt sure on the throttle cable :clap: didnt want to mess it up, does anyone know about these, as well as someone that can go through the carb it needs a good cleaning, I think the float is sticking :laughoff: ........any help. thanks in advance

yea, they control the throttle....... :laughoff::laughoff:

The carbs on those are fairly easy to take apart, Ed. Just have a clean work space and take off the float bowl. You can pull out the floats and clean the main and pilot jets through there. Carb cleaner and compressed air work great for cleaning them out. :blury:

What is your question about the throtttle cable? Are you wondering how to take it off? :drinkbeer:

The carbs on those are fairly easy to take apart, Ed. Just have a clean work space and take off the float bowl. You can pull out the floats and clean the main and pilot jets through there. Carb cleaner and compressed air work great for cleaning them out. :barf:

What is your question about the throtttle cable? Are you wondering how to take it off? :blury:

Thanks pete, yea i was wondering how the cable came out on the carb side, I found out last night :drinkbeer: I pulled the plastic cover off the side and wala..pretty simple... im gonna clean the lower end ,bowl etc we'll see if that cures the problem....thanks :drinkbeer:

Well I got the carb cleaned out , well the lower any way, put it back together and starts right up , but fuel runs out of the top hose now :gayboy: :barf: the small black line on lt side next to air cleaner tube....sooooo why would it run out from the top area of the carb :laughoff: ...or does this line hook to something :laughing: i took it apart 2 weeks ago, and dont remember that line hooking to anything :laughoff:

Well I got the carb cleaned out , well the lower any way, put it back together and starts right up , but fuel runs out of the top hose now :gayboy: :barf: the small black line on lt side next to air cleaner tube....sooooo why would it run out from the top area of the carb :laughoff: ...or does this line hook to something :laughing: i took it apart 2 weeks ago, and dont remember that line hooking to anything :laughoff:

:laughoff: I'm not sure which line you mean. Maybe snap a pic of it tonight. Is it like one of the vent lines on the carb?

Did you put the float assembly back in correctly? Or at all? :laughoff: Make sure- usually there is a very small wire for the float to hook under on the needle.

I had a warrior that did the same thing after I jetted it. It was coming out of one of the vent hoses. Had to take the bowl back off of it, some how when I put it back together the flote got stuck on it...

:barf: I'm not sure which line you mean. Maybe snap a pic of it tonight. Is it like one of the vent lines on the carb?

Did you put the float assembly back in correctly? Or at all? :gayboy: Make sure- usually there is a very small wire for the float to hook under on the needle.

Yea its on the lt side(looking at from rear) at the top of carb like a 1/4 black line that is about 5-6 inches long...it might be a vent but still dont know how fuel is going all the way to the top and out while its running..it also does it not running, as soon as you turn the gas petcock on..it starts running out!! :laughing: I ll snap a pic tonight...I actually didint take the float apart just pulled the lower jet out and flushed with some carb cleaner.

I had a warrior that did the same thing after I jetted it. It was coming out of one of the vent hoses. Had to take the bowl back off of it, some how when I put it back together the flote got stuck on it...

Before I took it apart it was coming out of the lower vent hose (one at the bottom of the bowl) now i put back together , its coming out of the top hose :laughing:

sounds like you got a stuck float.. :D

yep...it's very possible. Ed, tap on the side of the float bowl and see if that helps. post-3-1181865966.gif

If that doesn't do it, drink another gulp of beer :laughing: and do the mutha bitchezz dance :dance: in your garage and see if that helps. :2cents::barf:

yep...it's very possible. Ed, tap on the side of the float bowl and see if that helps. post-3-1181865966.gif

If that doesn't do it, drink another gulp of beer :2cents: and do the mutha bitchezz dance :dance: in your garage and see if that helps. :dance: :barf:

:thumb: if not i like the gulp of beer idea :laughing:

the float has to be sticking. thats the top vent. shut off the fuel and run the motor to run all the gas out of the carb. try tapping the carb. maybe it will loosen whatever is stuck in there if anything. turn on the fuel and see what happens. you probably will have to pull the bowl back off and take out the needle to check it. make sure the seat is clear. if you had gas coming out of the bottom tube before, thats the bowl overflow, the screw on the side bottom there must have been open a little or not seating good.

I had the bowl off ...but how does the pin for the float come out? :dunno: i didnt take the float out, because the pin holding it in was pretty tight,didnt want to break something...does the pin just push out with force?

Just sell the bike and get her a new one she doesn't like changing gears anyway.Did you forget??? :D

Just sell the bike and get her a new one she doesn't like changing gears anyway.Did you forget??? :D

I aske dher !!! I said we could get her a new automatic, she said she likes the warrior and shifting gears now, so :dunno: we'll see I am sure she will decide on an auto pretty soon.. :dunno: besides I kinda woudlnt mind a auto for her then i would have a bike to haul trash down to the dumpsters in camp. :ahhhhh: ..walking it down sucks!! :ahhhhh:

I aske dher !!! I said we could get her a new automatic, she said she likes the warrior and shifting gears now, so :pissed: we'll see I am sure she will decide on an auto pretty soon.. :ahhhhh: besides I kinda woudlnt mind a auto for her then i would have a bike to haul trash down to the dumpsters in camp. :ahhhhh: ..walking it down sucks!! :bawl:

Well that could be taken either way. Either you liked my idea or you are making fun of my lazy a$$ for not walking the trash over to the dumpster. :dunno:

Sorry for going :dunno:

Well that could be taken either way. Either you liked my idea or you are making fun of my lazy a$$ for not walking the trash over to the dumpster. :ahhhhh:

Sorry for going :dunno:

no i seen chris haul it down on your bike ..i was like damn good idea :bawl: , anything from my a$$ walking :ahhhhh: ...the older i get the more i look to comfort..,and riding over walkingis better :dunno:

I had the bowl off ...but how does the pin for the float come out? :shake: i didnt take the float out, because the pin holding it in was pretty tight,didnt want to break something...does the pin just push out with force?

ya its pressed in but not too tight. you wont break anything. just be sure to hook the needle back in on the float tang when you put it back together. :D

• 2 weeks later...