Fuel Filter

desertskyz

It's pretty simple. It located along the inside of the frame rail on the driver's side about the middle of the truck. The wrenches you'll need are a 13/16" and a 5/8" (or 21mm and 16mm). Be careful loosing the lines as there will be some fuel pressure that will let go, but nothing crazy. Once you get the lines off, you'll need to slide the filter out of the plastic retainer. Spray down the filter with some WD40 and make sure you put some on the new filter so it goes in better. :MBdance::beercheers: Also check the o-rings on the fuel lines and make sure they didn't get nicked, damaged or fell off.

Hope that helps

post-3-1185031222.gif

I got 'er done. It ws a little harder than I thought. Breaking the bolts loose was hard.

Rules:

1. pull down on one bolt and up on the other

2. Most importantly don't lay right under the damn thing. :headbang1::MBdance: gas burns when you get in your face.

The plastic bracket that holds the filter broke. Hummmmm gotta get a new one. It looks hard to change. Square bolts. :beercheers:

I got 'er done. It ws a little harder than I thought. Breaking the bolts loose was hard.

Rules:

1. pull down on one bolt and up on the other

2. Most importantly don't lay right under the damn thing. :MBdance::MBdance: gas burns when you get in your face.

The plastic bracket that holds the filter broke. Hummmmm gotta get a new one. It looks hard to change. Square bolts. :drinkbeer:

:headbang1:

1. that's why I told you the TWO wrench sizes :driver:

2. I warned you about the fuel. What did you think was gonna come out of the FUEL lines? Jack Daniels? :headbang1::beercheers::boxer:

I wouldn't really worry about the plastic bracket. Thay break all the time and most of them never really need to be replaced.

1. that's why I told you the TWO wrench sizes :drinkbeer:

2. I warned you about the fuel. What did you think was gonna come out of the FUEL lines? Jack Daniels? :beercheers::MBdance::MBdance:

I wouldn't really worry about the plastic bracket. Thay break all the time and most of them never really need to be replaced.

hey dez...you can come over and change my D max filter now!!!

I did use two wrenches. I was just really tight.

Fuel in the face. Lesson Learned. But I didn't that much would come out.

OK Cheese. Bring it on :headbang1: I'm a mechanic now. Gonna head on down to the race tonight and see if they need any help. :MBdance::beercheers:

Did you mean "it". :drinkbeer::MBdance::headbang1:

Not really..I left my winter air in my tires for the summer...I have been getting 2/10th of a mile better gas milage this summer.....my kenutin valve needs to be changed though.!!!

How come someone didn't tell me about that wrench that goes around the tube and then just fits on the nut.

Boyz I am a girl and need to learn. Damn it! That wrench would have be very helpful to break it away. I only have the common ones. :laughoff:

How come someone didn't tell me about that wrench that goes around the tube and then just fits on the nut.

Boyz I am a girl and need to learn. Damn it! That wrench would have be very helpful to break it away. I only have the common ones. :laughoff:

What are you talking about? Tube? Huh? :blink: