DDR's 2 year anniversary online get together

dunefreak

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy 2nd Birthday DDR!!! Thank you to Pete and everyone else that has helped make DDR such a success. It is really cool that you guys and girls take time out of your busy lives to make the "Dune People" a family. Everyone we have met has been so nice and welcoming. Even though Pete watched us drive in circles for a while before flagging us down to let us know we were at the right camp. lol j/k But seriously, Thank You to everyone at DDR for making it such a great family. We can't wait till October to see everyone again and to meet many many more people. Let's see if we can make next years cleanup even bigger then this years. I had a blast. Even when my hubby got his big truck stuck and I had to be pulled away from registration so I could use my little truck to pull him out. hehehe :freakin_nuts: Cheers DDR!!

I just now noticed the 20gb HD...... :freakin_nuts: :happydrunks: ...now I know where the resources are.....we must have taken up a couple of gig in pics and vids alone!!!

You have NO idea LOL... the folder containing the attachments had to resort to old school compression techniques... there is at least 5-6 gigs tied up in vid's pics' and website stuff.

post-3921-1178231190.gif

Just a thought....we had 90 online before. Right? What's all the extra baggage? Perhaps resources are more limited......or the upgrades are requiring more resources. :freakin_nuts: <---this is just the IT guy coming out.....wanting to know more.

Google bots peaked it.. they dont take up hardly any resources.. but they cause erroneous readings..

Just a thought....we had 90 online before. Right? What's all the extra baggage?

I don't think so. I think that was a glitch.

Happy Bday all! Time to upgrade... :banghead:

Hopefully soon! :dope:

Thanks for all the gratitude, everyone. It is our pleasure. You guys are all great people. :grin::laughing: Looking forward to yet another year together! :D

What else can you expect for 50+ people pounding on a p3 550 w/ 512mb ram and a 20gb hd man... COME ONN cut me a little slack im only workin with what i got LOL

You have to be kidding Nick! This whole site is running off that?!?! Hell I think I have thrown away better machines! You running windoz or linux? I am almost dead positive I have a 2g pc laying around here somewhere..... Can I donate it to upgrade the server???

No freekin wonder the site was so slow lastnight :laughing:

You have to be kidding Nick! This whole site is running off that?!?! Hell I think I have thrown away better machines! You running windoz or linux? I am almost dead positive I have a 2g pc laying around here somewhere..... Can I donate it to upgrade the server???

No freekin wonder the site was so slow lastnight :banghead:

ddr car wash to buy a new server

Aaron (Zukifreak) has a much better server already. It's just a matter of getting everything switched over and up and running on it.

Hopefully Sand Show weekend there is enough time to get it all done. :laughing:

Walt.. im not kidding that is what its running on LOL... it has done well up until last night... Trust me i have been kicking aaron in the nutz every time i talk to him.. doing the COME ONNNNNNN routine as we are running out of HD space, and after last night it cant take more than 40 people online without getting slow as molasses.. I do however think there were some process's runnin in the background from invision that also aided to the nightmare.. it was slow/fast/slow/fast off and on.. which leads me to believe invision was probably running its nightly duties adding to the heartache.

new box is a dual xeon box w/ over 120gb space and 8gb ram if memory serves me right.. should last us quite a while :D

If your gonna donate it to someone then dontate it to pete as he has a old a$$ hell e-machines he be tryin to design stuff with... wanna talk about slow lOL

True that!! :banghead::dope: Thanks Nick.

Sweet Nick! That should make a "lil" difference! Good luck with it

Pete............ Need a machine? I also have a nice 19" crt monitor you could have too....

Man that would be awesome, Walt. :laughing: You sure?

Tell me what you have now and what programs you use/need and I will get it tossed back together. The monitor I have is not one of the slim LCD's but its a good 19"CRT. Need that to?

You would be surprised at the stuff I have thrown away in the last year! I'd rather give it to someone that needs one then toss it.

Tell me what you have now and what programs you use/need and I will get it tossed back together. The monitor I have is not one of the slim LCD's but its a good 19"CRT. Need that to?

You would be surprised at the stuff I have thrown away in the last year! I'd rather give it to someone that needs one then toss it.

ok, in an attempt to stay on topic I'll pm ya. :MBdance::offtopic:

Happy Belated Birthday DDR! :dunno: It is great to see how this has grown over the last two years. I have only met a couple of people so far....but everyone has been super!

Great job to everyone on staff and in admin...this is a fun place to visit! :offtopic::MBdance:

Regards,

mredgy

PS: I love this smily :blah::dunno::dunno:

Edited by mredgy

Happy Belated Birthday DDR! :dunno: It is great to see how this has grown over the last two years. I have only met a couple of people so far....but everyone has been super!

Great job to everyone on staff and in admin...this is a fun place to visit! :offtopic::MBdance:

Regards,

mredgy

PS: I love this smily :think::blink::barf:

DDR you guys rock!

Good job w/the site

:dunno::dunno::blah:

Edited by Sandworks