@##$%@##$ extended warranty

when I bought my truck.... I also bought an extended warranty...it was sold to me as an extention of the 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty.........everything covered.

well, it runs out this year, in Dec, and I had a few items that needed fixing...nothing major, like

paint melting on the dash.

fog light damaged,

power window bezels broken

pin connector cover plastic lip broken, so it doesn't hold trailer harness in very tight.

So i dropped it off last night, and just got a call..

NOTHING IS f*cking COVERED :flipoff::stick_smack::stick_smack::laughing:

THE service wang was saying, " but the dash, fog light ,bezels and pin connector ARENT mechanical."

it used to be anything went wrong during warranty, it would get fixed,,,,besides owner error, like no oil in the engine....

So now, I have to hunt down my contract, and warranty info, cause they don't want to provide me with a copy of it now...and my salesmonkey (no disrespect meant monkie) and find out why i paid close to 3 grand for a worthless piece of paper :flipoff:

:laughing:

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

Extended warranties are not the same as a factory bumper to bumper warranty.

Most of them only cover powertrain, unless you get a GMPP plan which is the closest thing to a factory warranty.

Sounds like you have damaged items that wouldn't even be covered under a factory warranty. Only manufacturer defects or failures are covered items.

Get 'em Cheesy....we'll be here to listen to your pissed off rant later!!! We're all here for you bro!!!!! :lol:

:beercheers:

i've learned the hard way not to get pizzed off @ things you cannot control. if that is the way they want to play it, then fine....fk their extended warranties the next time I buy.....IF i buy gm

still tho....those are the only probs ive had on that truck...knock on wood.

i have the portfolio warranty offered by moss dodge. i can complain they have been ok .i just have to watch them because i also have 7/70 chrysler and the 100,000 mile cummins warranty and one time they tried to make me pay 2 deductables. :beercheers:

Extended warranties are not the same as a factory bumper to bumper warranty.

Most of them only cover powertrain, unless you get a GMPP plan which is the closest thing to a factory warranty.

Sounds like you have damaged items that wouldn't even be covered under a factory warranty. Only manufacturer defects or failures are covered items.

The GMPP is the only good warranty out there we've ever found.

And the price is negotiable.

We shop for warrantys where the mechanics get paid full shop rates.

Seem to cover the customer too.

Just got home, and found the paperwork... it is GMPP warranty with a MAJOR GUARD stipulation. :lol:

hey Cheese

look at the fine print, some of those warranties have a clause that says if you dont use them, you can get some or all your money back!

worth a look see or seen.... or was it their or there....hmm I'm not sure now :lol:

thanks for the info, but on finding my paperwork... this warranty is good until 102,650 miles or 11/10/09..so i will probably still get some use out of it.,

thanks though man..i appreciate it :blink:

what make is the truck!!!!????? :blink:

chevy silverado 2500 hd d-max/alision

i have the portfolio warranty offered by moss dodge. i can complain they have been ok .i just have to watch them because i also have 7/70 chrysler and the 100,000 mile cummins warranty and one time they tried to make me pay 2 deductables. :blury:

good, glad to hear you havent been screwed Bob...nice 2 know there are decent dealers out there

Come on cheesy, give us the update!!!!

you just wanna see me have a fuggin heart attack dontcha chinnutz :beercheers: lol j/k

anyway. after looking through the warranty...the only thng i can find that limits what they can fix is this:

"we will not pay anything under this agreement for engine tune up, suspension alignment, wheel balancing filters lubes engine collant drive belts radiator hoses heater and vacuum hoses winshiled wiper blades, air conditioning rechargind"... :blury::dope::grin: all maintenance shiat...

furthermore..no rust damage, sheet metal, chassis frame cross member ,body rails panels carpet weather stripping :lol::lol: again stuff expected to wear out....

nowhere do I see anything pertaining to:

power group beazels (service monkey said the whole door panel needed to be replaced..no beazel by itself)

dash board

fog light housing (service monkey said evidence of a wreck up front...but I have never wrecked my truck)

7 pin

whatever :lol:

i deal with those warranty's everyday, i can tell ya those item's would not be covered right off th bat, pretty

much no interior items are covered, or anything to do with lighting, BUT it do have thousands of $ items

covered everyday...mostly big stuff, than the warranty is worth it. :think: chris (service monkey)

i deal with those warranty's everyday, i can tell ya those item's would not be covered right off th bat, pretty

much no interior items are covered, or anything to do with lighting, BUT it do have thousands of $ items

covered everyday...mostly big stuff, than the warranty is worth it. :think: chris (service monkey)

ALRIGHT. thanks for the information....i knew going to bed last night that this was going to be the end result..........

for you guys that posted...thanks

If you have the time, go into the dealer like you are going to buy a truck, go thru the whole process and at the end ask them specifically if this will cover your problems. If they say yes, you say "good mine needs it right now".

If you have the time, go into the dealer like you are going to buy a truck, go thru the whole process and at the end ask them specifically if this will cover your problems. If they say yes, you say "good mine needs it right now".

They'd probably tell you yes, under factory warranty those items are covered, but not under an extended warranty policy.

Just wondering which dealership you went to California Ave. or Wible? We have the same truck but '05 and the alarm kept going off constantly so we took it to the Calif. Ave dealer 3 times and kept getting the run around and the service tech finally told my husband "the alarm hasn't gone off since it's been here so your basicaly SOL." and told him we should go buy a new alarm. I was so pissed. We took it to Wible and got a girl named Sandra and she did everything in her power to make sure it got fixed. Including she gave us a rental car while they had the truck overnight, something the other dealer never offered and one time they had the truck for three days. Needless to say they got the alarm fixed, they had to re-wire it. Good luck.

thanks raptorgirl....

it was the wible rd one........just a lot of thinking on my part done in the last day has been draining (not to mention why the 3 grand I paid is workig for me now)

this midol moment brought to you buy the good folks at fukitol .................................................... :drinkbeer:

fuggin Bob :drinkbeer:

:lol:

too bad your getting disected, and cannot make the SSSS.....prob lots of good material for your next episode.......

my best friend with the red ricochete car said he wants me to go in a wheel chair i told him he would have to push it cause my wife would just push me over......................... :broke:

we might steal his grammas electric chair ( i wonder if i can wheely it ) :hello:

i wont pushyou over man :barf: what kind of person do you think I am :drinkbeer:

i might push you around a little bit...take some hot laps with you in your chair :lol::old: ...but i wouldn't do that to you Bob.....sheesh...what kind of friends do you really have???

:hello::broke:

EVIL VIOLENT MISCHEVIOUS GREMLINS O WAIT THATS DDR........................................................ :thumb:

If you have an extended warranty, and plan on keeping the rig past the warranty periond, AND you know someone at a dealer, THEN you have the oportunity to get "spare parts" for the future and take full advantage of your warranty. You just have to play the game. Dealer techs may know what I am talkin' about. :drinkbeer:

Edited by ntrsandman