Tilt steering

midtravel

Kartek sells a bronze bushing, tilt wheel set-up. I've used quite a few but they are notorius for becoming a little sloppy (they move up and down a little) post some pictures of what you have.

Yep, I want to see pictures too. I got ideas. :no_no:

First though, Can you explain to me the word SLOPPY?

I've got a CNC machine shop and I don't understand the word. :dunno:

:MBdance:

:laughing: Just advertising again. :lol:

Oh yeah Monsterman,

Your " Dune pic of the month " is 'Effin Sick' bro. :redneck:

steering002.jpg

I would like to have tilt. But if i could add a block under the mount just to drop it down that would be ok. Randog if you could make something for me that would be great. Who knows you might be able to sale allot of them

Edited by midtravel

I would like to have tilt. But if i could add a block under the mount just to drop it down that would be ok. Randog if you could make something for me that would be great. Who knows you might be able to sale allot of them

If you have two universals on that steering shaft, Then I think all you need to do is loosen the clamp and rotate it to the location you are desiring. (wheel and/or shaft angle may be an issue in this case).

If multiple drivers are the situation, there are some nice adjustable handle bolts available to make it quick and easy to tighten that sucker back up where you want it for each individual driver.

Without seeing the whole steering system, or knowing the full reason for tilt steering in your case, I'm still not sure what to suggest yet. :woo_hoo:

It sounds like you just want the wheel a bit lower.

I'm thinkin' you may be able to just rotate that clamp. :whip:

Edited by Randog

If you have two universals on that steering shaft, Then I think all you need to do is loosen the clamp and rotate it to the location you are desiring. (wheel and/or shaft angle may be an issue in this case).

If multiple drivers are the situation, there are some nice adjustable handle bolts available to make it quick and easy to tighten that sucker back up where you want it for each individual driver.

Without seeing the whole steering system, or knowing the full reason for tilt steering in your case, I'm still not sure what to suggest yet. :cry:

I'm thinkin' you may be able to just rotate that clamp. :cry:

gadgets he frigggen loves gadgets :ban-split:

Without seeing the whole steering system, or knowing the full reason for tilt steering in your case, I'm still not sure what to suggest yet. :cry:

I'm thinkin' you may be able to just rotate that clamp. :cry:

I never even thought about that. I do have 2 universals. Thank you very much for the help. I will try that :ban-split:

Just went out and did what ya said and it worked like a charm. I feel like a bone head, such an easy fix and i would have never thought of that. THANKS AGAIN for the help

Edited by midtravel

I never even thought about that. I do have 2 universals. Thank you very much for the help. I will try that :ban-split:

Just went out and did what ya said and it worked like a charm. I feel like a bone head, such an easy fix and i would have never thought of that. THANKS AGAIN for the help

No Problem at all. :idiot:

Glad it worked out without having to spend a :dunce: load of $$$$.

However, Thank Pete (dunefreak) and the rest the DDR staff for this AWESOME site. :think:

The site makes it possible for us all to help each other out.

:laughoff:

BTW did you see what time I wrote that last night?

I was :cry::laughoff: and so effin' :hello: that I flew out of bed this morning to read it.

I had to make sure it even made sense. :cry:

See ya in Dumont Mang. :lol::lol:

:blink:

:laughoff:

No Problem at all. :thumb:

Glad it worked out without having to spend a :booty: load of $$$$.

However, Thank Pete (dunefreak) and the rest the DDR staff for this AWESOME site. :clap:

:DDRrocks:

I was :beerpint::beerpint: and so effin' :blury: that I flew out of bed this morning to read it.

I had to make sure it even made sense. :grin:

See ya in Dumont Mang. :driver::driver:

:MBdance:

:laughoff: effin randog

No Problem at all. :thumb:

Glad it worked out without having to spend a :booty: load of $$$$.

However, Thank Pete (dunefreak) and the rest the DDR staff for this AWESOME site. :clap:

:DDRrocks:

I was :beerpint::beerpint: and so effin' :blury: that I flew out of bed this morning to read it.

I had to make sure it even made sense. :grin:

See ya in Dumont Mang. :blury::clap:

:booty:

ditto, Bob.

:laughoff::laughoff::MBdance::driver::driver::thumb: EFFEN RANDOG! :mic: :lol:

Just opened Sept/Oct SandSports mag and on page 31, there is something called Steer Right. It's an adjustable steering column by Poly Performance which has 6 easy-to-adjust positions. The spring-loaded, positive locking adjustment handle rotates up to 38 degrees for optimum steering wheel tilt. The steering column is available in 3 models (1.5 and 1.75 O.D. tube mount, or Standard for custom mounting. The adjustable steering column is laser cut from 1/8 inch steel and MIG and TIG welded for strength and durability. A standard 3/4 inch steering shaft size is utilized with a high-grade MDS-Filled nylon bushing for smooth steering wheel motion in any off-road application. They can be reached at (805) 783-2060 or visit www.polyperformance.com . Hope this helps.

Just opened Sept/Oct SandSports mag and on page 31, there is something called Steer Right. It's an adjustable steering column by Poly Performance which has 6 easy-to-adjust positions. The spring-loaded, positive locking adjustment handle rotates up to 38 degrees for optimum steering wheel tilt. The steering column is available in 3 models (1.5 and 1.75 O.D. tube mount, or Standard for custom mounting. The adjustable steering column is laser cut from 1/8 inch steel and MIG and TIG welded for strength and durability. A standard 3/4 inch steering shaft size is utilized with a high-grade MDS-Filled nylon bushing for smooth steering wheel motion in any off-road application. They can be reached at (805) 783-2060 or visit www.polyperformance.com . Hope this helps.

Thank you. I will check it out