Dumont Passes for 07/08

All the latest info regarding the passes is on the homepage. The BLM is in the process of changing how passes are going to be handled. Unfortunately they haven't got everything set in stone yet. Season passes won't be available until probably November. Till then you will have to purchase weekly passes, yes at the pay station for now. That money spend on those passes will go towards a season pass once they get everything in order. Yes it sounds like a pain. :coocoo:

You'll be the first to hear when the changes are made. I will keep the homepage updated. :dope:

I understand the passes and how to obtain them but do i have to purchase a green sticker also or do they have a out of state sticker.

"If you are not a resident of California and your OHV is not registered in your home state, you are required to have a California "Nonresident" OHV permit to legally operate your vehicle."

Yes, technically you are still required to have out of state OHV stickers as well. Those are completely separate from the entrance fees.

The whole pass situation is so fluid right now that nothing is in stone.

Wait, there is one thing and it's been mentioned here already.

When you buy your weekly passes, SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS so that you can turn them in towards the season pass. Without absolute proof, you're SOL.

Friends of Dumont Dunes is working closely with the BLM on this daily to try to get this whole thing worked out to the benefit of the duning community. We sure weren't happy with the way the passes were being handled before, but we don't want a major hassle when the new season starts either.

We'll keep you posted when there are solid developments.

VickiW

quick question

lets say i go out on the first week of october and purchase one weekly pass at 30 dollars

then i go on the secound weekend as well and purchase another weekly pass now thats 60 bucks

now i go a third weekend and now i have purchased a total of 3 weekly passes adding up to 90 bucks

if the blm doesnt have it striaghtend out on the season pass will the 3 weekly passes act as a season pass?

just wondering and no this is not a math question

quick question

lets say i go out on the first week of october and purchase one weekly pass at 30 dollars

then i go on the secound weekend as well and purchase another weekly pass now thats 60 bucks

now i go a third weekend and now i have purchased a total of 3 weekly passes adding up to 90 bucks

if the blm doesnt have it striaghtend out on the season pass will the 3 weekly passes act as a season pass?

just wondering and no this is not a math question

Good question and it will be clarified at the sand show this weekend. I want to know if someone builds up a credit are they going to see a refund for the difference, don't have that answer yet either but we will.

Terry

Here is the latest sent to me from the BLM as of 4:30 today...

Dumont Sand Dunes Information

October 1, 2007 through September 30, 2008

Weekly passes for Dumont Dunes will be sold for $20 from October 1, until BLM meets with the new Recreation Advisory Council. This council should meet in early October. At that meeting BLM will present the TRT recommended fee plan for 2007. BLM will receive advice from the council then may adjust the fees. After the fee adjustment, BLM will print annual passes and make them available for purchase. This is anticipated to happen in November 2007.

The TRT recommended prices are:

$30 for a weekly pass with holiday black out dates

$90 for an annual pass with holiday black out dates

$10 for a ONE holiday add-on for a weekly or annual pass

$30 for a whole year holiday add-on for an annual pass

The holidays are Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Year’s, President’s Day and Easter. (For 2007, the Halloween holiday will have passes prior to the fee adjustment, but will be counted as a holiday in future years.)

Since the annual passes will not be available at the beginning of the year, BLM will allow a dollar for dollar off-set for weekly passes purchased prior to the availability of the annual pass. For example, turn in 2 weekly passes and get $40 off the annual pass. There are limits on this offset: one may turn in only one weekly pass per week and proof of purchase of the weekly pass by the annual pass buyer, proof of purchase would be shown by return of the pass and showing the receipt with a name or credit card number.

Dumont Dunes

IMPORTANT PASS INFORMATION

BLM IS FAZING OUT SELLING PASSES AT DUMONT DUNES.

PLEASE BUY YOUR PASS OFF-SITE. Show your support of the local gateway communities! Then they will support you and your recreation at Dumont Dunes!

THE BLM WEBPAGE WILL HAVE THE MOST RECENT VENDORS OR CALL BLM AT 760-252-6000.

BLM is in the process of signing the contracts with cooperating pass vendors. No contracts are finalized right now. We anticipate that Valero in Baker will be selling passes. They will also place reminders to duners to buy the passes on their highway signs.

During the faze out, BLM will sell passes onsite by credit card only. So if you do not stop on the way in, please make sure you have a credit card with you.

Please pass this information on!

Here is the latest sent to me from the BLM as of 4:30 today...

Dumont Sand Dunes Information

October 1, 2007 through September 30, 2008

Weekly passes for Dumont Dunes will be sold for $20 from October 1, until BLM meets with the new Recreation Advisory Council. This council should meet in early October. At that meeting BLM will present the TRT recommended fee plan for 2007. BLM will receive advice from the council then may adjust the fees. After the fee adjustment, BLM will print annual passes and make them available for purchase. This is anticipated to happen in November 2007.

The TRT recommended prices are:

$30 for a weekly pass with holiday black out dates

$90 for an annual pass with holiday black out dates

$10 for a ONE holiday add-on for a weekly or annual pass

$30 for a whole year holiday add-on for an annual pass

The holidays are Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Year’s, President’s Day and Easter. (For 2007, the Halloween holiday will have passes prior to the fee adjustment, but will be counted as a holiday in future years.)

Since the annual passes will not be available at the beginning of the year, BLM will allow a dollar for dollar off-set for weekly passes purchased prior to the availability of the annual pass. For example, turn in 2 weekly passes and get $40 off the annual pass. There are limits on this offset: one may turn in only one weekly pass per week and proof of purchase of the weekly pass by the annual pass buyer, proof of purchase would be shown by return of the pass and showing the receipt with a name or credit card number.

Dumont Dunes

IMPORTANT PASS INFORMATION

BLM IS FAZING OUT SELLING PASSES AT DUMONT DUNES.

PLEASE BUY YOUR PASS OFF-SITE. Show your support of the local gateway communities! Then they will support you and your recreation at Dumont Dunes!

THE BLM WEBPAGE WILL HAVE THE MOST RECENT VENDORS OR CALL BLM AT 760-252-6000.

BLM is in the process of signing the contracts with cooperating pass vendors. No contracts are finalized right now. We anticipate that Valero in Baker will be selling passes. They will also place reminders to duners to buy the passes on their highway signs.

During the faze out, BLM will sell passes onsite by credit card only. So if you do not stop on the way in, please make sure you have a credit card with you.

Please pass this information on!

ok i am no genius...so can someone break this down for me :laughing: TO BE OR NOT TO BE? :flipoff:

:driver:

Capt

Well, as it stands right now there will only be weekly passes available and they'll be sold at the same price as last year, unless and until the increase is fully authorized and official.

Sounds great, right? Nice to have an unexpected break.

The worry about overpaying aside (we're working on that), one major hitch as far as we can see is the restrictions on buying the passes... in particular, if someone arrives at the dunes without their pass, they must use a credit card to buy one, or have a friend with a credit card buy it for them, or head back to Baker to buy one with cash.

We're working on a solution to this and will work our way up the BLM food chain as necessary.

We'll keep you posted.

VickiW

• 2 weeks later...

So when does paying to enjoy things end. Currently you have to pay to go the beach, pay to go the mountain to snow board, pay to go to the desert.... Whats next the state is going to install a quarter machine in everyone's house and upon entry to the bath room and you have to pay to use it??????

So when does paying to enjoy things end. Currently you have to pay to go the beach, pay to go the mountain to snow board, pay to go to the desert.... Whats next the state is going to install a quarter machine in everyone's house and upon entry to the bath room and you have to pay to use it??????

All the best things in life are free! :beer_bang:

Will any body in Las Vegas be able to sell the passes ? If so NLVREDNECK shop Strip Husky says they would be willing to sell them.

Have them contact Lynette at the Barstow BLM field office ASAP @ 760 252-600

:beer_bang:

I think it is well worth the money spent. I'd hate to be duning out there on a big weekend and not have any rangers available for medical assistance or help. :grin: It's a small price to pay. Deal with it like everyone else does. :beer_bang:

BTW....you have to pay to go to the beach? :blink: I have never paid to go to the beach, other than the gas to get there. :grin::dope:

:beer_bang:

I think it is well worth the money spent. I'd hate to be duning out there on a big weekend and not have any rangers available for medical assistance or help. :grin: It's a small price to pay. Deal with it like everyone else does. :beer_bang:

BTW....you have to pay to go to the beach? :blink: I have never paid to go to the beach, other than the gas to get there. :grin::dope:

...that and the parking meter or garage.