Job for sandrail owners!

dunefreak

I just read about this on GD. Go figure. :beercheers::MBdance:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/trp/431863614.html

Driver with Sand Rail Needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: job-431863614@craigslist.org

Date: 2007-09-25, 11:42AM PDT

We are looking for an experienced driver that owns their own sand rail. The job would entail transporting camerapersons to follow police ATV's in the Dumont Dunes. Candidates must send specs of your rail and pictures. Shoot date: 10/26, 10/27 and 10/28.

You must be able to transport your sand rail to Dumont and back. There will be a crew RV for downtime and sleep. Food and drink will be provided.

Pay is $250/day plus we will pay for gas.

That is Halloween weekend. Wonder what they are going to film for?

We were talking about this today at the shop. I just hope they aren't gonna film things to try and portay duners as irresponsible people. We saw this at Havasu last time we were there. They had a camera man on board the boat with the Rangers almost like a scene from COPS. :beercheers:

They did choose a really busy weekend to do some filming, kinda strange. :beercheers:

Been talking looong distance to my film guy and he said, to get good vid of rails and riders, off weekend is better (still trying to pin a date)(looking like Jan/Feb). Not as much disturbance from those that you are not filming.

We were talking about this today at the shop. I just hope they aren't gonna film things to try and portay duners as irresponsible people. We saw this at Havasu last time we were there. They had a camera man on board the boat with the Rangers almost like a scene from COPS. :stick_smack:

what else could it be for? did anyone over at GD.com do some investigation as to who placed the ad? that could shed some light on the subject

I have a funny feeling about this... :dunno:

what say you TERRY?

I was kind of curious so responded to the add & this is what I found out, I just hope there not going to be out there harassing people just to get some video time & giving the dunning community a bad name, we will see. I will try to get some more info ! :stick_smack:

This is the reply to my email.

Hey Gary,

Thanks for replying to my ad. How many CC's is your rail? We are a tv production company that has done many tv shows with law enforcement. You would be on my crew and transport one of my cameramen following the ATV's of San Bernardino County.

You would have to arrive in Dumont on mid day Friday 10/26 and would be leaving around 10pm or so on Sunday night 10/28. The pay for the weekend is $750 total, plus gas expenses. You will be paid before leaving on Sunday, so no chasing money here.

Where would you be coming out to Dumont from?

Thanks and get back to me as soon as you can.

I was kind of curious so responded to the add & this is what I found out, I just hope there not going to be out there harassing people just to get some video time & giving the dunning community a bad name, we will see. I will try to get some more info ! :stick_smack:

This is the reply to my email.

Hey Gary,

Thanks for replying to my ad. How many CC's is your rail? We are a tv production company that has done many tv shows with law enforcement. You would be on my crew and transport one of my cameramen following the ATV's of San Bernardino County.

You would have to arrive in Dumont on mid day Friday 10/26 and would be leaving around 10pm or so on Sunday night 10/28. The pay for the weekend is $750 total, plus gas expenses. You will be paid before leaving on Sunday, so no chasing money here.

Where would you be coming out to Dumont from?

Thanks and get back to me as soon as you can.

sounds like COPS...but can you shoot him back and ask him for what show?

im gonna forward this to FoDD

sounds like COPS...but can you shoot him back and ask him for what show?

im gonna forward this to FoDD

Seems a little odd to me, picking a busy weekend hints as though they like a lot of trafffic to hide what their doing so it probably does not have a permit. Craigslist is an odd way of looking for a driver to risk your employees life with and not my idea of a place to hire someone on the up and up. Why all the interest in "CC'S"? Do they plan on running away from the LEO"s ATV's? Mike used to use low budget 1600's in his cars for movies etc.

I have forwarded this and the Mercedes commercial to Lynette @ BLM for some answers. I will let you know what I find out.

Terry

$250 a day :headbang1: . I would burn half that in race gas. It would have to be about $750 a day to make it worth while.

:dunno::stick_smack: dauym Joe. Your dune trips are a bit more spendy than mine. I guess now that you have to run that pricey fuel your fuel cost is way more than mine.

Seems a little odd to me, picking a busy weekend hints as though they like a lot of trafffic to hide what their doing so it probably does not have a permit. Craigslist is an odd way of looking for a driver to risk your employees life with and not my idea of a place to hire someone on the up and up. Why all the interest in "CC'S"? Do they plan on running away from the LEO"s ATV's? Mike used to use low budget 1600's in his cars for movies etc.

I have forwarded this and the Mercedes commercial to Lynette @ BLM for some answers. I will let you know what I find out.

Terry

thanks terry :stick_smack:

i also forwarded it to Vicki

Edited by richard cheese

I glanced at this when it first came up on GlamisDunes but dismissed it at the time.

We'll look into this. My first impression is San Bernardino is putting together some kind of promotional piece about their ATV presence on public lands, probably for using when applying for grant money and other funding support from legislators.

But, even so, it shouldn't be done on such a busy weekend for many reasons. Do we have something to hide? No, really we don't. Dumont is Dumont and what happens in the sand, well, we can't pretend it doesn't happen in the sand.

On such a busy weekend though, law enforcement attitude is "heightened" and filming it during any of the more sensitive times would not give a proper impression of what Dumont is 'usually' like.

Like I said, we'll look into this. I/we'll post what we find.

Vicki

I just spoke to Meagan with baby Jake productions she said she worked with the party police at lake havasu for the court TV program & what they need is some one to be there for them to take there camera man out on calls to video what ever the case mite be, so it sounds to me like you better be careful that weekend or you just mite end up on TV :stick_smack:

Edited by X-5

I just spoke to Meagan with baby Jake productions she said she worked with the party police at lake havasu for the court TV program & what they need is some to be there for them to take there camera man out on calls to video what ever the case mite be, so it sounds to me like you better be careful that weekend or you just mite end up on TV :dunno: